AC unit outside of tent? i need help

• Thread starter 420blazeitG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420blazeitG

so i recently got a new light it has 350w (true power0) LED
i also have had a 451w(true power)LED light before adding adding the 350w light , my temperature was around 78, but when i had both lights with the cob lights and leds on it exceeds temperatures, around 88, i was wondering if i should buy an ac unit, could i buy one and put it outside the grow tent in the basement the vent the cold air into the tent? i i also have 2 clip on fans on at all times

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so i recently got a new light it has 350w (true power0) LED
i also have had a 451w(true power)LED light before adding adding the 350w light , my temperature was around 78, but when i had both lights with the cob lights and leds on it exceeds temperatures, around 88, i was wondering if i should buy an ac unit, could i buy one and put it outside the grow tent in the basement the vent the cold air into the tent? i i also have 2 clip on fans on at all times
the ac unit in basement not only help your temps but would also draw some that dampness out ,a ac is really a dehumidifer ,so hell ya hook it up,i only wish i could have a ac in my setup hahahah

FourthCity

FourthCity

If your clothes dryer is in the basement and you get a portable a/c unit you can use a y-pipe to connect the a/c's exhaust tube to the dryer's.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

How would a back draft damper work if both the ac and dryer is in use?

I'm done. I've helped as much as I could. Try it for yourself. When your dryer runs for 2hrs while the ac is on, and your clothes are NOT dry, still wet like they came out of the washer, i told ya so.

FourthCity

FourthCity

How would a back draft damper work if both the ac and dryer is in use?
With the help of an inline fan (which would only be needed when ac and dryer are both on) and dampers, the exit of the exhaust would always be the path of least resistance and air will only be able to flow in one direction. Even if you don't plan on using both at the same time you would still need the dampers to prevent the a/c exhaust from exiting into the dryer and vice versa.
I'm done. I've helped as much as I could.
Really? I must have missed where you offered a helpful suggestion.

420blazeitG

With the help of an inline fan (which would only be needed when ac and dryer are both on) and dampers, the exit of the exhaust would always be the path of least resistance and air will only be able to flow in one direction. Even if you don't plan on using both at the same time you would still need the dampers to prevent the a/c exhaust from exiting into the dryer and vice versa.

Really? I must have missed where you offered a helpful suggestion.
LOL right. i have an inline fan running too forgot to mention, im not to savvy in this stuff, ac's and what not, i was gonna buy this but could i vent it with only ducting into a 4x4 grow tent?

420blazeitG

LOL right. i have an inline fan running too forgot to mention, im not to savvy in this stuff, ac's and what not, i was gonna buy this but could i vent it with only ducting into a 4x4 grow tent?
i dont have the washer or drier in the basement, just the furnace

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

so your plan is the unit inside the tent and ducting it out your 4 in hole in bottom of tent right

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

no...but do you recommended that/
that would be the best way i would think,pretty much designed that way right,i cant tell how big it is but looks small enough to run the exhaust right out into your room,air in your tent isnt gonna be the same as out of it,t, he hot air goes into the face of that unit and the hot air comes out the back,it will run out the vent to the open basement,surely if you want to run the unit outside the tent and send cool air inside you can find some source of exhausting that air,and that small a unit into a 4x4 tent isnt going to kill you idf it dont,i ran a 5k unit sitting on the floor of a garage recycling its on heat and air into a room and just put a damn tray under it to catch the water,working the shit out of it yes it did but in the mean time recycling the air in that garge kept it 10 degrees cooler than outside which was a hundred for 4 months hahaah.
i by no means am suggesting you are anyone do this,im just saying when your in a pinch you try things when they work you roll wit it

FourthCity

FourthCity

no...but do you recommended that/
If you are growing in a tent and need to keep it closed then the unit will need to be inside it with the hot air exiting via a duct that will pass through one of the holes your tent should be equipped with. You will also have to drain water from it regularly or attach a hose that runs somewhere it can drain continuously. Myself and others will probably be able to offer more helpful and specific advice if you describe your setup in detail and provide some pictures.

Latest posts

Top Bottom