ACAI OG & Sour Patch Kush

• Thread starter Jeezer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

Hey Jeezer, how's it going man. been awhile since i dropped by and wanted to say you're holding it down.
also i am pretty sure you can bang this one without a timer until your funds can allow you to pick one up. shit i got one and i stopped using it like a month and a half ago. you just have to be a little more diligent.

if you don't mind, i would suggest that you cut lights on an half an hour after the time you normally would get up, and set your alarm on your watch, phone, tv ect an hour before the lights are suppose to go off. this method has done me justice in maintaining the light schedule.

good choice of recycling that coco, that's one of the reason why i decided to go all or mostly coco for now on. if you don't mind me asking, how does one go about doing so? thanks in advance.

Jeezer

Jeezer

dollar store soil is known to carry bugs as I have actually threw it on the counter and seen bugs jump on the counter also timers are really important as you can tell and very cheap and the one you have from the cfl's probably just needs a 99c adapter, it is nearly impossible to stay to a 12/12 schedule doing it manually ... don't think i would ever be able to do it, but hey its a learning curve ,i only know because i have done the same in the past ... I would def stay away from the dollar store soil if gotta go cheap go home depot or lowes and get like a 6-10 dollar bag from the center of the pile and be really careful if stored outside , you will not survive a bug attack with a limited budget , even the bug stuff that sometimes works is hella expensive.. again just advise

Good points there soser, Im gonna go to the hydro store and pick up another bale of coco. Not that expensive either. i think its like 10 bux. Difference is, I didnt have 10 bux yesterday, now i do :) and im gonna look for that 99c adapter for the timer, really need it.
So today i will get that covered, soil, transplant, and adapter for the timer to get it going. After that, all i will be missing is flowering nutes, maybe i will get that next week. would like to get it now but its either nutes or coco. i feel the transplant is very important right now,

Jeezer

Jeezer

Hey Jeezer, how's it going man. been awhile since i dropped by and wanted to say you're holding it down.
also i am pretty sure you can bang this one without a timer until your funds can allow you to pick one up. shit i got one and i stopped using it like a month and a half ago. you just have to be a little more diligent.

if you don't mind, i would suggest that you cut lights on an half an hour after the time you normally would get up, and set your alarm on your watch, phone, tv ect an hour before the lights are suppose to go off. this method has done me justice in maintaining the light schedule.

good choice of recycling that coco, that's one of the reason why i decided to go all or mostly coco for now on. if you don't mind me asking, how does one go about doing so? thanks in advance.

Whats up catdaddy, goin great overhere, hope all is well your way to.

Im gonna have to do it like you said until i get that timer, or an adapter for the one i have.

To re-use the coco, i try to keep the roots intact, just shake the coco off the roots, it falls off pretty easy, if you were seriously rootbound, you might need to soften up the root ball a bit then shake off the coco. You might still get a few roots in there but its no biggie, I let the soil dry out, flush with hot water, let it cool and im good to go. This recycling really came in handy when I was running a 2k perpetual room couple years ago. Never had to worry about dumping dirt or having to go buy new dirt.
Thanks for stoppin by catdaddy

soserthc1

soserthc1

I still gotta disagree cat, if you look thru his thread he has left his light on numerous times and no matter how diligent you are (most are not as detailed oriented as you) your gonna miss it several times in a 56-70 day grow minimum , no matter who you are , shit happens and unless your glued to your couch and never over sleep or are never out (its holiday season - parties and such) you must have a timer its a basic thing in a grow and you can get one for ten dollar or in jeezers case a 99c adapter - with that i'll agree to disagree and bow out , Why would risk the expense of loosing a 2k light crop with reusing 10 dollar a bag coco, cut on small things and you will fail at least 10
% of the time...... jmho... no more advice as this is heading in wrong direction ..... best of luck

Jeezer

Jeezer

Soser, catdaddy said i can do it manually until i have funds for a timer, not for the whole cycle.

and i agree with you on the adapter, simple necessity. but Im broke as hell right now and even 10 dollars is money i can use for other useful things in life rather than a timer. I had 10 dollars today but i used em to buy more coco for the transplant.

as for recycling the coco, it all depends on your situation and how anal you are about the little details. I was running a perpetual grow so every 2 weeks i was harvesting 8 plants, 3g of coco each. The perpetual grow didnt go to well tho, if i was doin that again, i would have just filled up the space and flowered both lights at the same time, but anyways, that means every 2 weeks i was gonna have to find somewhere to dump the old coco, and make a trip for some new coco, EVERY 2 WEEKS! so i just started cleaning and re-using. worked better with my situation

Jeezer

Jeezer

if you have money to buy new coco, why not, i would, especially for a small grow. but like i said it all depends on the situation and what type of grow u got goin.

soserthc1

soserthc1

if you have money to buy new coco, why not, i would, especially for a small grow. but like i said it all depends on the situation and what type of grow u got goin.
by all means bro, live within your means ... just giving my opinion as a forum participant , I by all means do not know your financial situation but would hate to see a fellow farmer trying to grow a little weed and make a few bucks loose it all to a timer .... but i understand your situation as explained ...be well soser......

Jeezer

Jeezer

by all means bro, live within your means ... just giving my opinion as a forum participant , I by all means do not know your financial situation but would hate to see a fellow farmer trying to grow a little weed and make a few bucks loose it all to a timer .... but i understand your situation as explained ...be well soser......

i totally understand u soser, thanks for the input, im doin my best to get the stuff together to pull thru this grow. After I have all my stuff together it should be a smooth ride.

Jeezer

Jeezer

all transplanted, just need a timer and ill be set.

P1040788

soserthc1

soserthc1

good luck on the grow jeezer. I started with a 5 pack of seeds, rapid rooters and a 1 light 2' T5 :)
my first grow ever was vegged and grown with a 150 watt hps i bought for 50 bucks and it was gdp bag seed ..... ps they are looking alot happier now jeezer

Jeezer

Jeezer

good luck on the grow jeezer. I started with a 5 pack of seeds, rapid rooters and a 1 light 2' T5 :)

my first grow ever was vegged and grown with a 150 watt hps i bought for 50 bucks and it was gdp bag seed ..... ps they are looking alot happier now jeezer

We all gotta start somewhere :) i started with alot materials i had at hand, 6 clones and a 400w for 50 bux on craigslist. Still got the journal on RIU, nice to be able and look back at those pics because they also bring back other memories from those times. I also have that 2k perpetual grow(third grow) journal on the farm. almost exact 2 years ago
really wanted to share with people and i liked the farm so i ive been here since

Hey soser, if you think they look happy in that pic, wait til you see next update!

soserthc1

soserthc1

cant find the link to my first grow :/
could of been lost with are update in the new outlook ...... did you search bar it ... i will look but gotta do it later 3 hrs is enough for now , gotta start another expensive day .... christmas should be every two years comes to fast and spend to much money on kid toys these days 500 ipad for one as i use this old computer.... oh well only money ......peace soser

619ster

619ster

Dude I have plenty extra timers and stuff! I can hook ya up lol. But I feel ya, when times get tuff, the little money counts! I've been doing pretty good this year luckilly as usually it's this time of the year you feel the struggle the most. You gotta try this Alien Rock Candy bro!!!! Still got ya a bowl on reserve;) But will be gone soon I must admit (at least this stash, bouta harvest more in 2 weeks). Been smoking ARC like crazy!!! But always got something to put in the air. I run a perpetual myself, and would rather do it that way rather than waiting for a full flower run for my own meds. I'm sure doing things in single runs with the same or similar strains is best for yield, but I LOVE variety, and I like having something to harvest every 1 or 2 weeks. Rather miss a little yield than have to buy from others in between runs.

Anywho, grow looks like it's going great and gonna do quite well. Can't wait to see what these can do!

Jeezer

Jeezer

Dude I have plenty extra timers and stuff! I can hook ya up lol. But I feel ya, when times get tuff, the little money counts! I've been doing pretty good this year luckilly as usually it's this time of the year you feel the struggle the most. You gotta try this Alien Rock Candy bro!!!! Still got ya a bowl on reserve;) But will be gone soon I must admit (at least this stash, bouta harvest more in 2 weeks). Been smoking ARC like crazy!!! But always got something to put in the air. I run a perpetual myself, and would rather do it that way rather than waiting for a full flower run for my own meds. I'm sure doing things in single runs with the same or similar strains is best for yield, but I LOVE variety, and I like having something to harvest every 1 or 2 weeks. Rather miss a little yield than have to buy from others in between runs.

Anywho, grow looks like it's going great and gonna do quite well. Can't wait to see what these can do!

Thanks 619ter, i dont think ill be able to make it out soon, maybe early next month tho. Glad to hear things are goin well for you.

Jeezer

Jeezer

could of been lost with are update in the new outlook ...... did you search bar it ... i will look but gotta do it later 3 hrs is enough for now , gotta start another expensive day .... christmas should be every two years comes to fast and spend to much money on kid toys these days 500 ipad for one as i use this old computer.... oh well only money ......peace soser
it was on rollitup, i searched but i couldnt find it. that 400w im using right now is the the one i bought my first grow. same bulb and everything. just different hood.

As for the holidays, they may be expensive but at least you have money to buy good gifts and enjoy the time. Your kids must have been real happy this morning :) my lil one sure was

Jeezer

Jeezer

Happy Holidays Farmers!

Acai OG hava started flowering now, Sour Patch kush looks like there about to start flowering to but havent yet. I really messed up with the light schedule but im happy there still looking good.

P1040919
P1040918
P1040913

P1040920
P1040922
P1040924
P1040926
P1040933

Jeezer

Jeezer

I overferted when i transplanted, found out the day after when i saw a few leaf with burns, so i flushed and fed with lower strength and there doin fine now. Some are still showing the overfert but its under control now.

Acai OG is getting alot of trichomes on the fans and the small leafs. One of the finicky phenos has a really sweet candy smell goin on and #6 has an OG diesel smell. The other one doesnt have trichomes yet but i can see it has started to flower to. just a lil behind.
All the Acai OG have alot of stretch as you can see in the pics, they have an OG kush type of structure. also, all the acai og males were the bushy phenos, The ladies are the nutrient sensitive ones but look like OG to me, and also have it in the smell. Should be some dank, I love a good OG :)

Sour Patch Kush is staying short and bushy. Havent started flowering yet due to mistakes on my part but its good there getting extra veg time, Cant wait to see these in flower, there gonna be some nice bushes :)

soserthc1

soserthc1

it was on rollitup, i searched but i couldnt find it. that 400w im using right now is the the one i bought my first grow. same bulb and everything. just different hood.

As for the holidays, they may be expensive but at least you have money to buy good gifts and enjoy the time. Your kids must have been real happy this morning :) my lil one sure was
Actually Jeez the more spoiled they are the less thankful they are , which is my fault but no she still bitched about what she didn't get, My niece gets very little as my sister is in somewhat of a hard time and she is thankful for little things. I gave her 50 in a card and she was happy as could be ......

Top Bottom