Accidental auto x photo cross

• Thread starter SugarsNFans
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SugarsNFans

SugarsNFans

Ok. So I went to jamaica brought back some seeds. I grew said seeds in a tent with 2 critical purple autoflowers. Thw Jamaican plants selfed/hermied... whatever they did but i gt bud and seeds. Fast forward to 3 days ago. I'm drying out the C.P. and she has seeds. So are these seeds an actual cross? Is that a thing? Should i just plant a couple outside and see what happens?? The attached pics are of the Critical Purple before harvest, after 48 hrs of dark, and being dried. Any help is appreciated. Thx.
Accidental auto x photo cross
Accidental auto x photo cross 2
Accidental auto x photo cross 3
Accidental auto x photo cross 4
Accidental auto x photo cross 5
Accidental auto x photo cross 6

Choppr

Choppr

Yes the Intersexed or Herm Plant pollinated your female auto - They are Filial Gen ones (F1's) - the seeds will produce Photo-Dependent Plants as the Rudy(auto) will be recessive genetically, the seeds could have Intersex/Herm Traits(not good) from the The Original Male pollen Donor? If your curious grow them far away from your Main Crop, as pollen can travel on the wind for 2+ miles. (further study: Mendel's Laws of Inheritance/ Dominance) My advice is to bake them in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes and wipe them from the face of the earth. Too much bad breeding in the 'US' they way it is... Rock on...

SugarsNFans

SugarsNFans

Yes the Intersexed or Herm Plant pollinated your female auto - They are Filial Gen ones (F1's) - the seeds will produce Photo-Dependent Plants as the Rudy(auto) will be recessive genetically, the seeds could have Intersex/Herm Traits(not good) from the The Original Male pollen Donor? If your curious grow them far away from your Main Crop, as pollen can travel on the wind for 2+ miles. (further study: Mendel's Laws of Inheritance/ Dominance) My advice is to bake them in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes and wipe them from the face of the earth. Too much bad breeding in the 'US' they way it is... Rock on...
Thx for responding. If i do try any of these seeds it will definitely be my first outdoor of only these seeds. Ill keep my girls inside and far away.

socks4free

socks4free

back around 2019 I had read that photo crossed with an auto would produce all photos with recessive auto genes in half of them.

however my buddy had grown a few auto quarter pounder seeds and a few bags seeds that year and I can't remember exactly how but he ended up with seeds from the gorilla glue bag seed x the auto quarter pounder.

weirdly enough the next year when we grew the seeds there were both autos and photoperiods.

The only thing that I could think of was the original bag seeds were already half auto flower?
I have no way to confirm that though so it has made me wonder if the auto gene is truly recessive or if it was more deleterious recessive?

It's probably the simpler answer that the bag seed had been pollinated by an auto already and the photos he had in 2019 were actually half auto already.

Top Bottom