Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Unless the plant is actually showing signs of deficiencies should I even give them nutes they seem to be doing ok without them and tbh when I have them to them they got a burn and I shit you not I was hardly a fucking ml, organic nutes at that to. Scared incase around week 3 of flower I'll get a mg/cal def but will I be safe to use cal/mag? Trying to keep nutrients as organic as possible :/

CaptainHowdy

CaptainHowdy

Howdy Evan,

Can I ask what nutrients you're using and what strains you're growing??
I feed my autos at exactly the same strength as my photo ladies and I really struggle to burn them at all. I use the BioBizz range btw. I can only just start getting tip burn when my feed is 4ml grow, 4ml bloom, 4ml topmax & 2ml cal/mag. Perhaps you just have some light feeders on your hands or your soil may already have enough good stuff in it keeping them happy.

I use TNC's Cal/Mag @ 2ml per litre for normal feeds or if I have a fiend on my hands she gets fed 4ml cal/mag.

If you want to keep it as organic as possible, dry and crush (in a low oven for 5 minutes) a few eggshells. I use 3-4 shells in a 10 litre pot. Poke some holes in the soil, say 4-5 deep holes with a chopstick, and refill them with the shells. Water it in and within a week you'll see the calcium deficiency start to fade away.
For Magnesium, add 1 teaspoon of molasses/black treacle to your water and feed them with that. Lots of good stuff in molasses to keep the plants and soil happy. Also a great thing to increase resin production :)

But yeah, if they're growing well without any additional nutrients then I'd carry on. No need to piss them off if they're growing happily :)

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Howdy Evan,

I feed my autos at exactly the same strength as my photo ladies and I really struggle to burn them at all. I use the BioBizz range btw. I can only just start getting tip burn when my feed is 4ml grow, 4ml bloom, 4ml topmax & 2ml cal/mag. Perhaps you just have some light feeders on your hands or your soil may already have enough good stuff in it keeping them happy.

I use TNC's Cal/Mag @ 2ml per litre for normal feeds or if I have a fiend on my hands she gets fed 4ml cal/mag.

If you want to keep it as organic as possible, dry and crush (in a low oven for 5 minutes) a few eggshells. I use 3-4 shells in a 10 litre pot. Poke some holes in the soil, say 4-5 deep holes with a chopstick, and refill them with the shells. Water it in and within a week you'll see the calcium deficiency start to fade away.
For Magnesium, add 1 teaspoon of molasses/black treacle to your water and feed them with that. Lots of good stuff in molasses to keep the plants and soil happy. Also a great thing to increase resin production :)

But yeah, if they're growing well without any additional nutrients then I'd carry on. No need to piss them off if they're growing happily :)

Hellos yourself howdy and thanks for your reply and time.

I'm growing 3 amnesia hazes from royal queens seeds and two from dina fem, I'm using oldtimers plant magic plus in veg it's a 5-3-3 solution and bloom is a 2-4-5 solution (I think) recomended dose is 4ml to a litre but obviously I went way under to start the dose. The photo is what I think happened. Cheers for the molasses tip I'll be sure to do my homework there (: my soil was biobizz all grow and some starter terra mix I think was the name idk was good quality dutch soil like and cause we were running low on soil at the start up we just threw them both into the same pots wondering if this could have anything to do with having a correct dose of nutes in them cause it's sorts two different doses if npk on top if each other when you mix two different types if good quality soil together does it?

bostonron

bostonron

Having trouble .I'm a first time grower and
I think I may have over watered or the dam nute stick coursing burn

20141009 143709
W

wd4d

Plants talk to you, they will always tell you about how they felt about EVERYTHING you give em or dont give em! To me, in my gardens, over watering and under watering are the easiest to detect and most unacceptable things that can occur. Feeding and watering should only be done by one person it eliminates confusion and lying cuz people will lie about what they did if they realize they fucked up! Whenever I've overfed or treated with something that I think the plants didn't agree with visually I'll more often than not flood the beds and wash through what they didn't like and stop all watering until they show signs of needing water. I've been growing for years and for years before that I worked for growers. over watering and under watering is a simple one, as it's quite common for me to walk into my garden and naturally dig into the soil and see how wet or dry it is, if the plants are drooping and the soil is wet they're over watered and if the plants are drooping and the soil is dry they need water. And if the "mat" it too insane get a 2' moisture probe a check.

bostonron

bostonron

This is my 1st grow just learning the do s and don't s .I think my 1st problem is that I used mircral grow nute stick it was bad news .I recently pulled stick out of soil and I'm taking your advise and letting it dry out.I'm growing auto pounder with cheese if that matters.thank u for the great advise

H

habbo50

auto pounder with cheese hilarious anywho ur not having a nute problem according too the last two pics it just looks odd because leaves are droopy from the plants water intake and no there not over watered neither everything looks great make sure u eat a quarter pounder with cheese from mc donalds at least one time after smoking a bowl of that, good luck with the grow

Last edited:
H

habbo50

unless they always look like that then let 'em dry and or try to get the lights closer to plant, thats what they should look like 20 minutes after a watering

m8ty

m8ty

Hello every body, nice thread and luvin' the stealth closet and the auto info...

I'm not sure if I missed it or if the topic has not been covered yet, but I have a question about autos and the light cycle.

Do you grow them with 16 hours of light on and 8 hours of lights off? Or do you grow them with lights on 24/7? Or do you grow them with say 24 hours lights on while vegging and switch to 12/12 when flowering?

Thank you

M8

Organica

Organica

Howdy Evan,

They feed heavy
All this is per 5 gal bucket

150 ml purivida bloom
20 ml thrive alive
20 ml cal mag
30 ml sugar
20 ml bloombastic atami
1 cap sea green
2 caps up (dependent on your own water though)
Howdy Evan,

And they go ape shit and love it.

H

habbo50

you can do whatever light schedule you want i'm doing an auto grow right now, I went 16/8 during seedling stage then 18/6 after I transplanted I'm gonna continue to go 18/6 for rest of the grow I'm also running a 13w cfl 24/0

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

got an auto jack herrerx skunk a few years back as a freebie....at the time folks were all against autoflowers but I will tell you this.....that plant was impressively potent! I'd happily grow autos like that again in a heartbeat! thankyou op for starting this thread, truly enjoy absorbing this kind of information.

Top Bottom