Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Greetings Egzoset
First let me say that male autos will grow at the same rate as females if not quicker.

So the simple answer to your question comes in two parts:

1. for making regular seed using males - I would advise you to start your mother plants and your father plants at the same time, just as nature would. Pollen will start to fall in time to give you a good amount of seed

2. for making fem seed using only females - you will want to start the plant you are going to use as the father two to three weeks before you start the mother plant. the reason for this is that to make feminised seed you will be giving a female plant a sex change and that takes time so the time line I would use is below.

week 1 - plant father plant (female to be reversed)

week 2 - maintain father plant

week 3 - plant mother plants (ones that will carry seed)
The father plant should be showing pistils now as soon as it does begin spraying daily with colloidal silver

week 4 - grow mother plants as normal
continue spraying father with colloidal silver

week 5 - grow mother plants as normal
Male pollen sacks should now be visible on the father plant, when they are stop sraying with colloidal silver and grow as
normal
week 6 - grow as normal

week 7 - pollen should now be falling from the father plant, allow this to pollinate the chosen mothers, and store some pollen for
future use, then discard the father plant
Seeds will take around 6 weeks to become fully mature
(to store pollen use a little plastic vial and rice grains to absorb moisture, ensuring all leaf material is removed then it will
last for about 6 months if stored in the fridge)
week 8 - 12 grow as normal

week 13 - harvest lots of feminised seed for future use

If you need a hand with any other aspects of breeding give me a shout and I will see if I can help you

I'm still finishing up the grow room. However, I happily stumbled upon your diary and because I am going to attempt some Northern Lights x BB auto and Blue Mystic auto I'm impressed. What bran or type of colloidal silver do you use? This first time I am not going to attempt but, I'm reading intently.

W

Wardawg

Cloning autos is possible but not really worthwhile, because the plant is governed by age not light cycle the cuttings will mature at the same rate as the mother and produce very little.
Some autos will stay in vegg period under 24 hr light for a bit until they react to environmental pressures or stress so I don't know if they are true autos or what but I've used a few strains that were like this Iranian auto and a few mighty might crosses that did this as well and the strain peegee which was a huge outdoor producer from the caribou region of Bc and was clone only

Aksarben

Aksarben

I have grown photoperiod and Autos. I'll stick with Autos from now on out.

Potency? Some of my Auto show up at 15 to 20% THC, so the potency is there and is way better than it was when I was younger, back in the 1970s.
I live in SW Michigan, close to the lake. I need something I can grow that gets mature before 2nd week in September as that is when the rainy season sets in. Horrible in wine grape vineyards as well. I work for a winery close by for last 20 years.
Autoflower is a recessive gene trait. You don't just dust pollen on a Photo and expect the seeds to be Auto. It takes quite a few generations and breeding...GOOD breeding to get your desired Auto as well as keep your original IE Zkittlez Auto or Norther Lights auto. You can turn one branch to a male on an Auto by carefully (isolated spray) a single branch with STS. I have done that and completely turned one branch ONLY into male and then remove that branch just before it starts to break open it's pollen sacs. It will only have female XX chromosomes, so any other Auto to pollinate with it will throw female seeds only. I have pollen from Wipeout Express Auto and have dusted it on a Jack Herer Auto and Amnesia Auto to see what the resulting cross would be. I did the same thing with one of the latter Jack Herer auto and collected pollen and pollinated this little bitty Jack Herer Auto clone that I took off the same plant. Yes, you cannot clone Auto to amount to much, but this little plant set roots and had a little flower head,so I figured the best outcome would be to get a few seeds from it if I can.

We are only allowed to grow 12 plants per household in Michigan, so I started 12 indoors and put them out in May and harvested by end of June, at which time I started another group and finally finished up with 2 inside (also Jack Herer) Autos. So I was not getting huge yields being they were only ins 2 gallon fabric grow pots, but I have way more buds than I and my wife can consume over this upcoming winter before I start growing again.

They are potent, and some, such as the Pink Kush CBD 30:1 which has around 15% CBD and less than 1% THC, as well as some Purple Kush CBD 1;1 Auto let me grow just a few plants to get the CBD that my wife takes on a daily basis (using GD Tincture) .

I escape the problems of late season rains and powdery mildew and Botritis fungus by using quick maturing Autos. Some went from seed to mature = ready to harvest, in about 8 to 9 weeks. And I have given some to some of my friends that have smokes cannabis for years and they gave me thumbs up!! Good stuff !!

the little clone from Jack Herer that formed roots.
20190917 074314
20190616 172732 Large

And above some of the others, like the Pink Kush CBD 30:1 and some newer starts from seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom