Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neo Vast

Neo Vast

Hello everyone,
I have spent most of the day reading posts from this forum and i am so very impressed with the level of help and experience. I just want to say this is my first grow and i am a disabled vet that survived a 100% blockage at 34 and now 36, with my wife being a ruptured brain aneurysm survivor at 28 now 33 make a long story short we both said not today death not today :) So basically this is our way of life for our medicine. Enough personal stuff i wan't to get down to business because i have found such a wonderful hobby doing this yet i was too worried about joining anyone or posting anything. I am one of those that will read for days over 50 different things just for the next step then read more about the next step then act from my own choice with as much knowledge i have read...i just draw from everyone's experiences so this is very new as for speaking out and i need some help as well so here i am be gently please lol :)

First Grow- Strains from Heavy Weight through Herbies - (8) 2 Vast 2 Fast (8) Massive Midget
2 - 600 Watt MH then HPS and 1 - Spectra Led 300 watt(129)
Large Carbon filter probable too big but hey :) two 6 inch in lines and a AC

Week 1- March 27, Planted half and half was crazy to try this my first grow but 100% germ so far still going strong :)
Medium- Happy Frog Soil Mixed with 40% per lite
Nutes- AN 1 ml of voodoo juice, 5 ml Bushdoctor Microbe Brew
50% light at 2 ft with temps range 75 to 78 consistently worked very hard to keep environment right well at least what i think is right lol.

Week 2- April 6, Watering a little as needed with them being in Rapid Rooters keeping them moist was not a issue. Sets of leaves are at 2 ranging from 2 to 3 inches.
Nutes- AN used Connoisseur A + B, Voodoo Juice, B-52, Microbe Brew, Black Strap M(cal-mag) with all only giving 1/4 strength. PH'd to 6.5 in a 32 gallon trash can then mixed well. I am giving them a flush when i add the mix as i am killing two birds with one stone I usually have 15% run off or more and drainage is good due to the smart pots and loose medium letting them fully dry out before anyone feeding or watering really letting them thirst for it but not to much.

Week 3- April 11, Gave full watering flush switched from 24/0 to 20/4 and switched to HPS with 100% power they handled this very well but nothing to base on considering i had no one to confer with this whole time. Added two Humidifiers to hit the target range 55 to 65. The ladies are 5 to 7 inches at this time.

Week 4- April 18, Same as earlier Nute feeding still at the 1/4 strength with black strap added at 50 ml to 30 gallon container. I am seeing hairs on the pistils very surprised.

April 23, I might have jumped the gun on switching the Nutes from Grow to Bloom gave same dosage 1/4 of Connoisseur Bloom A+B, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B -52. So I read on this forum here today and I read all day long lol to find out i jumped the gun on switching.

I have been LST'ing for one full week doing great on SCROG the rest tying down very, very bushy girls and stout not much for any stretching but i believe the indica part will keep them smaller but I don't see bud sites yet and I just see white hairs only but the LST has created at least 4 to 6 new tops.

*Possible problem* Though just one set only with the upper new leafs and just two of them have what looks like to be a little yellow tip? So i don't know what to do at this point continue regiment of bloom or go back to veg nutes? I as well have water ready and out for a flush in a couple of days if need be they are sucking up the water pretty quick now every 4 to 5 days pots are light. Temps are keeped at 75 to 79 ran
IMG 20160409 184519
IMG 20160409 184624
ge and lights are at 2 ft exactly.

I will post pics of Week 1, week 2, and just now tonight week 4 with a close up of the two tips HPS light is a little bit annoying but they are there on the tips any advise or help is so appreciated and thanks for listening to my first ever post although large it is everything so you have the knowledge to help me :) thanks again and thanks for helping a Vet out.

IMG 20160413 220517
IMG 20160413 220521
IMG 20160413 220545
IMG 20160425 211224
IMG 20160425 211243
IMG 20160425 211249
IMG 20160425 211320
IMG 20160425 211325
IMG 20160425 211351
IMG 20160425 211357
IMG 20160425 211404
IMG 20160425 211409
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Hello everyone,
I have spent most of the day reading posts from this forum and i am so very impressed with the level of help and experience. I just want to say this is my first grow and i am a disabled vet that survived a 100% blockage at 34 and now 36, with my wife being a ruptured brain aneurysm survivor at 28 now 33 make a long story short we both said not today death not today :) So basically this is our way of life for our medicine. Enough personal stuff i wan't to get down to business because i have found such a wonderful hobby doing this yet i was too worried about joining anyone or posting anything. I am one of those that will read for days over 50 different things just for the next step then read more about the next step then act from my own choice with as much knowledge i have read...i just draw from everyone's experiences so this is very new as for speaking out and i need some help as well so here i am be gently please lol :)

First Grow- Strains from Heavy Weight through Herbies - (8) 2 Vast 2 Fast (8) Massive Midget

Week 1- March 27, Planted half and half was crazy to try this my first grow but 100% germ so far still going strong :)
50% light at 2 ft with temps range 75 to 78 consistently worked very hard to keep environment right well at least what i think is right lol.

Week 2- April 6, Watering a little as needed with them being in Rapid Rooters keeping them moist was not a issue. Sets of leaves are at 2 ranging from 2 to 3 inches.
Nutes- AN used Connoisseur A + B, Voodoo Juice, B-52, Microbe Brew, Black Strap M(cal-mag) with all only giving 1/4 strength. PH'd to 6.5 in a 32 gallon trash can then mixed well. I am giving them a flush when i add the mix as i am killing two birds with one stone I usually have 15% run off or more and drainage is good due to the smart pots and loose medium letting them fully dry out before anyone feeding or watering really letting them thirst for it but not to much.

Week 3- April 11, Gave full watering flush switched from 24/0 to 20/4 and switched to HPS with 100% power they handled this very well but nothing to base on considering i had no one to confer with this whole time. Added two Humidifiers to hit the target range 55 to 65. The ladies are 5 to 7 inches at this time.

Week 4- April 18, Same as earlier Nute feeding still at the 1/4 strength with black strap added at 50 ml to 30 gallon container. I am seeing hairs on the pistils very surprised.

April 23, I might have jumped the gun on switching the Nutes from Grow to Bloom gave same dosage 1/4 of Connoisseur Bloom A+B, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B -52. So I read on this forum here today and I read all day long lol to find out i jumped the gun on switching.

I have been LST'ing for one full week doing great on SCROG the rest tying down very, very bushy girls and stout not much for any stretching but i believe the indica part will keep them smaller but I don't see bud sites yet and I just see white hairs only but the LST has created at least 4 to 6 new tops.

*Possible problem* Though just one set only with the upper new leafs and just two of them have what looks like to be a little yellow tip? So i don't know what to do at this point continue regiment of bloom or go back to veg nutes? I as well have water ready and out for a flush in a couple of days if need be they are sucking up the water pretty quick now every 4 to 5 days pots are light. Temps are keeped at 75 to 79 ranView attachment 594289 View attachment 594290 ge and lights are at 2 ft exactly.

I will post pics of Week 1, week 2, and just now tonight week 4 with a close up of the two tips HPS light is a little bit annoying but they are there on the tips any advise or help is so appreciated and thanks for listening to my first ever post although large it is everything so you have the knowledge to help me :) thanks again and thanks for helping a Vet out.

Ever wish you were a moderador? Great first grow! Welcome to the farm.
You should start your own grow log in the grow log forum!

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Hello everyone,

*Possible problem* Though just one set only with the upper new leafs and just two of them have what looks like to be a little yellow tip? So i don't know what to do at this point continue regiment of bloom or go back to veg nutes? I as well have water ready and out for a flush in a couple of days if need be they are sucking up the water pretty quick now every 4 to 5 days pots are light. Temps are keeped at 75 to 79 ranView attachment 594289 View attachment 594290 ge and lights are at 2 ft exactly.

If they are all autos then you can keep them on 20/4 from start to finish.

Neo Vast

Neo Vast

Thanks for that compliment and really appreciate that on the time i was just guessing from the research so 20/4 off the start that's great save on the light bill lol.

Neo Vast

Neo Vast

I will post this in the grow log forum as well thanks for that advice. I never thought of being a Moderator but I do like to help people and i love what i am doing here :) Let me know about that if you can thanks.

Happy Growing Stay Elevated

Last edited:
Neo Vast

Neo Vast

ok guys I am back with the first installment of this thread and seeing as you want the best out of yours Tnelz I will start with a quick explanation of the lifecycle of auto flowering plants and then move on to the best growing methods.

LIFECYCLE OF AN AUTO

A common question I see is when to switch autos from veg to bloom. Many people are under the impression that as soon as they see the first flowers it's time to switch. Perhaps a little explanation of the life cycle of autos will help to clarify this.

Weeks 1 - 3. Once you've started your seeds and they break the surface of the soil, they are in their seedling stage. The first set of leaves to appear will usually single fingered, followed by a second set that may still be single fingered or perhaps 3 fingered. Once that second set appears growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis. This process will continue, more new leaves, faster growth. Depending on the type of soil in use, mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistils.

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6.

Weeks 7 - 9. By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients has been made. The buds will start to fill out and put on weight, becoming hard and tight. Pistols will start to change from white to brown, orange, red, etc. By now the plants will also have developed a strong smell. Toward the end of this phase the large primary and smaller secondary fan leaves will begin to turn yellow. This is an indication that the plant is moving toward the end of it's life.

Weeks 10 - 11. At this time flowering nutes should be discontinued and only plain pHed water fed to flush the remaining nutrients from the soil and improve the taste. Yellowing of the fan leaves will continue as the plant draws the stored energy from them. Eventually they will die and fall off. By the time that the smaller leaves that come from out of the buds will also start to turn yellow. Then it's time to harvest.

I know that many of you are thinking that the seed bank said the plants will finish in 8-9 weeks, so why are you saying they take 10-11? The claims made by the seed banks are somewhat deceptive. If you switch to flowering nutes at week 3 or 4 the plants can finish in the times the seed banks say but they will remain small and not reach their full potential yield. Years of growing by myself and others has shown that autos do best if you follow this time line.

Of course, there will always be variations depending on the strain, the environment, nutrients, etc. This information is meant to only serve as a general guideline.

Amazing guide and think you because that is exactly what i did lol...but they are still stretching so i will do veg one more time here at week 5 and mix veg and bloom week 6 rinse and repeat :) Thanks again

MalaAjda

MalaAjda

Hey ppl :)
So I've read the whole thred and many others :)
I've learnd a lot but now I'm having problema or at least a think I'm having problems ;)

Here we go

Today it's the 7 day since they poked there heads aut off the soil.
I have 3 Northen Light auto seads from Royal Quin. I'm jusin light mix from biobizz and I'm jusing the biobizz chart for feeding posted in the begining of this thred.
I have a 600w hps light
Tmp are on the high 30 - 35℃ but i have a humidifier on all the time.
The light schedule is 20/4
Water them every 24h - 35ml of water with root juce from biobizz
Now the problems.
NL #2 has discolord leves
NL #1 the same problem
NL #3 is fine i think

What do you think is wrong...
Cuz after all of my readings I steal don't now...
Now the photos
This one is the number #2
NL 2
IMAG2038

NL # 2
IMAG2053
IMAG2054

NL #3
IMAG2033
IMAG2035

The space
IMAG2056

Free seed i duno if it's auto.. just having fun... I think it's not... But i dno.
It's growing a 1cm a day like the others just the leves are small
IMAG2057

Tnx !!!!!

Chears!!

str8smokn

str8smokn

They look good. Make sure your not over watering ,by doing it everyday.

35ml to how much water. That's a lot it sounds like.
I do not and have not ran the Biobiz line.
everything else sounds and looks good.
STR8

MalaAjda

MalaAjda

They look good. Make sure your not over watering ,by doing it everyday.

35ml to how much water. That's a lot it sounds like.
I do not and have not ran the Biobiz line.
everything else sounds and looks good.
STR8
Tnx you think they lok good?
What about the discoloring?
I was giving them 15ml and yestrday I gave them 30ml.
I posted a pic. so you can get the filling of the amaunt :)
Tnx tnx tnx :)

str8smokn

str8smokn

I would do that into a gallon of water.
How long have they been in the big pot?
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

The roots might be getting into the other soil and that's why the plants look like that. It's hard to say at this age. They shouldn't need any food for a couple weeks at least.
STR8

Neo Vast

Neo Vast

Hey i am new here as well if you check out my grow here or on the journal i have some detailed information on my startup from the beginning. I am no expert by no means but you are in the right place with the right people for opinions and assistance. So here is my take :) with autos i have learned less is more and you can always add but it's harder to undo when they get to much, again less is more is always been my thing from all my research over the months. In short i think they look strong imo...but the level of root growth might be too often I would add once every week and 1/4 or a little less than that. They look hot as maybe getting burnt but if they are getting burnt they are some strong ladies I would let them get dry but not bone dry just moist is good for the first two weeks.

Just my advice i have seen so far is the lighting, if you are in vegetative state then either a MH (metal halide) or full spectrum LED for this grow period it seems to promote faster growth from the young ladies. I would switch to HPS that you have now for the flowering stage when you see the true flowers starting even when i saw the first hairs i switched one week too early which is alright but this starts things a bit faster they could go in veg a bit longer and maximize your yield more :) Do you have fresh air coming into the room? Nice setup up you have there and i am a newbie as well so be easy on me for mine too :) But this journey is a wonderful experience and always learning something new along the way looking forward to keeping up with your grow :)

Stay Elevated and Keep Them Growing :p

str8smokn

str8smokn

But in the pic ,in the last post .. It says 2ml of root stimulator,so why are you giving them 15-30 ml?
The 2ml is to 1gal of water./ 3.8 L water.
Any way if you stick to that chart you should be pretty good.
Seraphim has worked for a while on that schedule.
Your English is just fine my friend.
STR8

Neo Vast

Neo Vast

Update* These pics are from yesterday. I noticed they were a little droopy. I removed the humidifiers, and haven't watered. I believe the droop was from the humidity, 4 days I couldn't get humidity down below 65-79% with the humidifiers being removed. I got the dehumidifier in on the 5th day of the high humidity. Its been in there for 24 hours now and I already see them perking back up. I have removed about 64 pints (8 gallons) of water from the dehumidifier, and humidity is staying at around 40-45 now. Hoping this was the problem. I am about to go take some more pics and show the difference.

Happy Growing, Stay Elevated :p

IMG 20160504 141514
IMG 20160504 141522
Neo Vast

Neo Vast

I just took these. They are looking beautiful, IMO. However, I do have one concern. They are very, very dark green. I've been reading in several places that this could be a nute issue. I don't see any clawing or curling leaves, and they are
not brittle. The smell is strong and healthy. The (8) Too Vast Too Fast are all flowering and they are taller. They handled the nutes without a problem. I used the same nute mix for all, mixed at 1/4 strength Now, the (8) Massive Midget are not quite flowering yet, I would say they are preflowering, they are shorter, and bushier, and some have yellow tips, but not bad. I've read the Massive Midget journals where they hit between 110-120 days, it seems to be a lengthy auto. I imagine this could work in my favor? More time for flowering, denser, harder buds. I found that this strain maybe could use 1/8 strength, rather than 1/4. Response on the color would be greatly appreciated!

I will be adding AN Rhinoskin and Nirvana to the nute schedule to add silicate for strength. I would love to hear about any experience with Nirvana during blooming. Thanks again!

Happy Growing, Stay Elevated :p

IMG 20160505 230412
IMG 20160505 230621
IMG 20160505 230732
IMG 20160505 230825
MalaAjda

MalaAjda

But in the pic ,in the last post .. It says 2ml of root stimulator,so why are you giving them 15-30 ml?
The 2ml is to 1gal of water./ 3.8 L water.

Any way if you stick to that chart you should be pretty good.
Seraphim has worked for a while on that schedule.
Your English is just fine my friend.
STR8

O no I'm not givin them that much juce, I'm givin them 2ml of juce on one liter off water and then I water them with that mix every day...

Tnx for helping :)

That's it for now :)

I'm gonna keep on doing what I'm doing and see what hepens :)
Tnx

Chears!!

MalaAjda

MalaAjda

Hey i am new here as well if you check out my grow here or on the journal i have some detailed information on my startup from the beginning. I am no expert by no means but you are in the right place with the right people for opinions and assistance. So here is my take :) with autos i have learned less is more and you can always add but it's harder to undo when they get to much, again less is more is always been my thing from all my research over the months. In short i think they look strong imo...but the level of root growth might be too often I would add once every week and 1/4 or a little less than that. They look hot as maybe getting burnt but if they are getting burnt they are some strong ladies I would let them get dry but not bone dry just moist is good for the first two weeks.

Just my advice i have seen so far is the lighting, if you are in vegetative state then either a MH (metal halide) or full spectrum LED for this grow period it seems to promote faster growth from the young ladies. I would switch to HPS that you have now for the flowering stage when you see the true flowers starting even when i saw the first hairs i switched one week too early which is alright but this starts things a bit faster they could go in veg a bit longer and maximize your yield more :) Do you have fresh air coming into the room? Nice setup up you have there and i am a newbie as well so be easy on me for mine too :) But this journey is a wonderful experience and always learning something new along the way looking forward to keeping up with your grow :)

Hey men, tnx for youre input.
But if was hot, they all should be hot? I'm doing the same thing with all of my plants...
Duno...

Like I sead I'm jusing 2ml on 1liter of water... Like serapih sead in the beganing of this thred :)

The lights: me and my men are in the proces of bying a new light we ware thinking lsd but they are soooo expensive it's hurting my little heart lol
so idk what are we gonna do...
And it's soo meny dif lights it's very confusing witch one to by :)

Chers!

MalaAjda

MalaAjda

Hey i am new here as well if you check out my grow here or on the journal i have some detailed information on my startup from the beginning. I am no expert by no means but you are in the right place
with the right people for opinions and assistance. So here is my take :) with autos i have learned less is more and you can always add but it's harder to undo when they get to much, again less is more is always been my thing from all my research over the months. In short i think they look strong imo...but the level of root growth might be too often I would add once every week and 1/4 or a little less than that. They look hot as maybe getting burnt but if they are getting burnt they are some strong ladies I would let them get dry but not bone dry just moist is good for the first two weeks.

I forgot to say heeey :) tnx for the sweet greeting :)

And yes I have fresh air coimng in to the room :).
I just open up a window or two :)
Money is the main problem I have. Haha
I have two kids they cost a lot, so when I want toys for me it can get a little overwelming... Did I say that right? Hehe...

So I dnk what else to write...
Ooo rigth a like what you are doing!! So keep it up!! Gonna learn from you ;)

Chears!

Neo Vast

Neo Vast

I forgot to say heeey :) tnx for the sweet greeting :)

And yes I have fresh air coimng in to the room :).
I just open up a window or two :)
Money is the main problem I have. Haha
I have two kids they cost a lot, so when I want toys for me it can get a little overwelming... Did I say that right? Hehe...

So I dnk what else to write...
Ooo rigth a like what you are doing!! So keep it up!! Gonna learn from you ;)

Chears!

I have 3 kids, so I totally understand the kids vs. money thing! lol Any time you have a question, I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge. I am a novice at this too. Maybe we can learn a thing or two from each other! :D By the way, opening windows is a good thing, maybe get a cheap box fan to force air intake, I have seen such a difference with my ladies by having wind on them at all times, and make sure you have screens in your windows, bugs can really be a painful problem. Good luck to you!

Happy Growing and Stay Elevated

Top Bottom