Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cannashroom

Day 22: leaves have started turning yellow and curl in, it's my first grow so any help would be greatly appreciated :). I'm growing in canna coco under a 300w led panel.
20150311 174459
20150311 174454

Toaster79

Toaster79

I can't see any yellowing there bro. ;) They actually look almost black to me.

Keep it green!

C

cannashroom

Cheers, It's a bit of a pain in the arse because I'm colourblind and the led light makes things look different...

Toaster79

Toaster79

With that lighting we're all colourblind. Take a photo under fluoros or any type of natural like lighting. Also provide some more information about your environment, feeding schedule, distance to the lighting .... As much info as posible.

Keep it green!

C

cannashroom

I shall take a pic tomorrow for you,
20150302 213645
my setup is:

A 400w vipar led panel which is about 5 inches away from the plant, barneys farm nyc diesel auto, 70×80×180cm high cupboard fully mylar lined and a desk fan, Canna coco professional plus and cannas nutes range including canna a+b, rhizotonic, cannazyme, canna boost and pk 13/14.

The temp is perfect, I got ph at 6 but the humidity is 30% which I think is the problem just waiting on a humidifier from good old china...

I've included the feed schedule but I do half dose.

I don't measure ec is that a problem?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions :)

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'd say lack of N, but would really need to se a photo of her first.have you been suplementing Ca and Mg in any form?

Toaster79

Toaster79

You didn't do your homework. When growing in coco, Ca/Mg suplementation is a must, not that I'm saying that is your problem at the moment, but will be in the future. Maybe you just need to up your nutes and you'll be fine.

C

cannashroom

You didn't do your homework. When growing in coco, Ca/Mg suplementation is a must, not that I'm saying that is your problem at the moment, but will be in the future. Maybe you just need to up your nutes and you'll be fine.

Ive been doing "homework" it's just that there is a lot of conflicting information about. Just thought I'd ask for advice before changing anything up, as I only have 1 plant I can't really afford to experiment.

Fuzzdog

Fuzzdog

Had just put 3 freebie autos in the ground......first time I ever tried them... went searching for some info.. and found this thread....its helped to give me a better understanding of autos growth patterns... for me best info was not to hit them with bloom nutes to early... I would have hit them soon as they started blowing hair. would have lost half my possible yield ... anyways good thread thanks seraphim19.....

Quagmire

Quagmire

Ive been doing "homework" it's just that there is a lot of conflicting information about. Just thought I'd ask for advice before changing anything up, as I only have 1 plant I can't really afford to experiment.

Hey Man... I grew in pure Coco for many years with my AK47 and adding Cal/Mag+ was a must. Using Pure Coir you really have to read up on threads that concentrate on how to use it. Not only do U have to add the calmag but it also stores nutrients unlike a regular soil would.
I found I had to supplement it with either soil amendments or foods. One of the best things I ever did was add Worm Castings and Peat..
Your plant actually looks pretty good.. I know with LED lighting some tend to stay short and bushy like yours is, but it could also start going thru it's big stretch in the next 2 wks. Nitrogen is what is called a mobile element and the plant will steal it from lower leafs if not getting what it needs in the coco.. Add some worm castings to the top layer then water it in.. but don't panic to much bro, she's looking pretty nice ok.. cheers

Quagmire

Quagmire

Had just put 3 freebie autos in the ground......first time I ever tried them... went searching for some info.. and found this thread....its helped to give me a better understanding of autos growth patterns... for me best info was not to hit them with bloom nutes to early... I would have hit them soon as they started blowing hair. would have lost half my possible yield ... anyways good thread thanks seraphim19.....

I have to agree with ya Fuzzy, my 1st grow of auto's was just done a few months ago and I treated it like a regular old plant, even flipped it to 12/12 after it sexed for some odd reason...habit I believe.. lol I also fed her bloom nutrients to soon, then I hooked up with Seraphim and his advice has helped me and my buddies greatly.. I am now on my 2nd grow having made seeds on the 1st to save the Sour60 that had an almost narcotic high and to my surprise the f2's are fairly uniform.. I"m in love with her.. hehe

C

cannashroom

Hey Man... I grew in pure Coco for many years with my AK47 and adding Cal/Mag+ was a must. Using Pure Coir you really have to read up on threads that concentrate on how to use it. Not only do U have to add the calmag but it also stores nutrients unlike a regular soil would.
I found I had to supplement it with either soil amendments or foods. One of the best things I ever did was add Worm Castings and Peat..
Your plant actually looks pretty good.. I know with LED lighting some tend to stay short and bushy like yours is, but it could also start going thru it's big stretch in the next 2 wks. Nitrogen is what is called a mobile element and the plant will steal it from lower leafs if not getting what it needs in the coco.. Add some worm castings to the top layer then water it in.. but don't panic to much bro, she's looking pretty nice ok.. cheers

Thanks for the advice I somehow missed that post. I shall take a pic for you tomorrow. She's turning into a nice little plant.

Since my last post the only amendment I made was to go full strength nutes.

C

cannashroom

Since upping the dose I've had no more yellowing.

Got big buds forming all over and it's starting to smell. It's about a foot high at day 40 does that sound right?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Glad upping your dosage fixed the Nitrogen Deficiency.. just shows your plant was hungry.. She does have a pretty high leaf to bud ratio on her.. you may want to consider giving her a trim of her lower growth.. LED lights don't penetrate like HPS or MH.. and it will help the plant concentrate it's energy more towards the bud production.. especially towards the end, I lollipop mine and remove all growth below the lowest budsite..

As far as size.. well your strain looks very Indica Dominant and some, especially Auto's will stay short and squat.. yours seems to have nice branching and production should be nice. LED lighting I've not followed much but this may be another factor of height.. get that light right down on the buds now too... it will fatten them up and shouldn't have any issues with burning..

bet she looks pretty good now though huh> ?

Top Bottom