Ace Malawi And Cycloptics Greenbeams: Caught In The Under Current!

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
timmur

timmur

Here's the seedling chamber for the malawi that's gonna be poppin soon! RapidRooters for the win!

20160206 034658395 iOS

For the pre-under current veg I got an
Iceprobe chiller and SuperPonic 16. I'll just drop the O2 grow emitter in and run for an hour per day. With Iceprobe and controller I should be able to keep the temps down to 67. Lots of dissolved oxygen for fast growth!

20160206 034601834 iOS

timmur

timmur

So I just realized that I didn't get the remote epicenter option that I ordered. I'll have to get a hold of Current Culture to get the correct manifold for the remote epicenter.

In other news, the room ships on the 19th of Feb so I'm guessing I'll be under way before the end of the month!

UC Quest

UC Quest

So interested in your grow, looks like it's going to be very interesting :) Keep up the great work.

timmur

timmur

The Iceprobe is installed on the DWC and it is now insulated. It should hit 15 degrees below ambient now! As soon as I get some nutes I'm gonna give the O2 Grow a trial run.

20160207 035333891 iOS

timmur

timmur

Just a quick question. When the plants are in full bloom can anyone tell me about how much water I'll be going through daily? I know I've read it up here, but I can't remember the the number. Thanks.

DapperDon

DapperDon

You milage may vary on that one. We can speculate all day long, but each spot is unique.

timmur

timmur

I'm glad to share. I've been building this thing in my head for a long time now. It feels pretty good to actually get going! I'm really excited about the O2 Grow system and dissolved O2 probe on the Agrowtek. I think controlling DO is the next frontier for hydroponics (particularly DWC). Should be able to get a sneak peek of its performance in the SuperPonic DWC.

DapperDon

DapperDon

I have been saying that for years but I was the "anal retentive one paying attention to the wrong thing" HA!

timmur

timmur

"They" should've listened, lol!

I think dissolved O2 explains the amazing results people get with real aeroponics systems. I was under the impression that DO levels couldn't rise above saturation level in water (based on temp and a bunch of other factors), but Dennis at O2 Grow says that they can supersaturate to 12 PPM or more. Their site ties the increased DO to yield increases. Hopefully it does so with cannabis too, but if not it's still a win to get rid of air pumps/stones and I have another data point to maintain max health conditions. :cool:

timmur

timmur

Well I tested the Iceprobe and the O2 Grow and both were successful. I might add another probe if needed, but the O2 Grow appears to work fine. I don't have a meter so we'll have to wait another week or two to completely confirm. Here's what it looked like.
Before O2 Grow
20160208 031838506 iOS

After O2 Grow
20160208 031850879 iOS

Iceprobe and Controller
20160208 034659209 iOS

Genesis

Genesis

Man you got tech on tech. Is your day job some computer stuff or engineering? The O2 emitters look real dope and I can't wait to see your grow room.

Good looks man. I really think those GreenBeams are gonna show some of the doubters what is up with the CDL CMH stuff.

timmur

timmur

Ha ha, yeah I'm a techie at heart and yeah went to school for IT!

The Greenbeams are gonna kick some ass! I love them cause you can veg and flower all in one room. They take little less time to flower under them (CMH) and they deliver light into the canopy from the walls. Only downside, and it's a big one, is cost. It takes about 3 x as many to deliver the same amount of photons as a 1Kw DE Gavita! That part hurts.

Genesis

Genesis

And that is why I love my Gavitas.

I was gonna grab some CMH this round but I bough the 750 Gavita flex units cuz I have 8 foot ceilings. The fact that I already have half Apache Tech AT600 means I only need a 2 ton mini split in the room instead of a larger unit. Nothing wrong with diversity. I was especially impressed with the dude in coco who was using Gavita 600 SE's over 3x3 coco (I think 9 plants per) pulling 2 lb/fixture. CO2 was definitely a factor but still, that is dope.

Gavita, Greenbeam, Apache Tech, Pacific Light Concept, Boulderlamp CDL CMH, Nanolux DE's. All dope. I noticed as time moves on more and more people are mixing lights up in their grows too.

NOTE: I hear you on cost though Timmur. AT600 retails are $2,500 and I have 4 and a AT200 white unit for a 3x3 veg. That's over $10k in LED. However, 50,000 hour life AND no bulb replacements, complete PAR replacement for a typical 1k had me at hello. Not to mention they only get 90 degrees. When you buy ceramic metal halide or LED you gotta wait a year to two years before it pays itself off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom