Ace Malawi And Cycloptics Greenbeams: Caught In The Under Current!

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
timmur

timmur

Yeah it's on page 2 where I first posted about it. I bought it from Amazon. Not cheap and you have to insulate the res. I didn't get the proportional controller. I bought a different one instead. I'll post up the link when I get home.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I was being lazy. I googled it.
I know you tried it and it brought the temps down. I'm wondering how it will do when the lights are on and the ambient temp goes up? I hope it keeps up and you do a wonderful job.

timmur

timmur

I was gonna grab some CMH this round but I bough the 750 Gavita flex units cuz I have 8 foot ceilings. The fact that I already have half Apache Tech AT600 means I only need a 2 ton mini split in the room instead of a larger unit. Nothing wrong with diversity. I was especially impressed with the dude in coco who was using Gavita 600 SE's over 3x3 coco (I think 9 plants per) pulling 2 lb/fixture. CO2 was definitely a factor but still, that is dope.

Gavita, Greenbeam, Apache Tech, Pacific Light Concept, Boulderlamp CDL CMH, Nanolux DE's. All dope. I noticed as time moves on more and more people are mixing lights up in their grows too.

NOTE: I hear you on cost though Timmur. AT600 retails are $2,500 and I have 4 and a AT200 white unit for a 3x3 veg. That's over $10k in LED. However, 50,000 hour life AND no bulb replacements, complete PAR replacement for a typical 1k had me at hello. Not to mention they only get 90 degrees. When you buy ceramic metal halide or LED you gotta wait a year to two years before it pays itself off.

Yeah the payback will come. LED and CMH are king in regards to spectrum and they are the future. LED COB is very also compelling, but I'm not a great DIY guy. Besides I bought into the Greenbeam uniformity which is unparalleled by any other reflector. HPS DE is still where its at for a straight up commercial Op, but I have other ideas. I want to fill an unmet need in the market (I believe) and figure this system will get me there. This is a pilot scale experiment. If it works then I will do the same at a larger scale. I predict unmatched essential oil production and maximum yield on strains that most consider unmarketable and unprofitable. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding!

timmur

timmur

Ace Malawi, Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger, Panama, Panama Haze, Malawi x Panama, Old Timers Haze, etc... Also want to run Cannbiogen's Destroyer. Mostly sativas and a hybrid or two and a couple of pure indicas. Eventually I'd like to put some select commercial strains in as well, but initial focus is on stuff that is not available in the clubs.

Genesis

Genesis

Ace Malawi, Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger, Panama, Panama Haze, Malawi x Panama, Old Timers Haze, etc... Also want to run Cannbiogen's Destroyer. Mostly sativas and a hybrid or two and a couple of pure indicas. Eventually I'd like to put some select commercial strains in as well, but initial focus is on stuff that is not available in the clubs.

Pure indica's, fuck yes. They need a long veg time and a lotta defoliation butuhhh I love me a pure indica.

DapperDon

DapperDon

I think everything is better with longer veg times. Can't be rushing everything ALL the time can we?

DapperDon

DapperDon

25" Centers...Pure Indica with a few rounds of defoloation to get to size from seed. 10-12 weeks.

timmur

timmur

So seriously 10 weeks in the UC for stretchy sativas? Just to be clear, not trying to be stupid.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Whoops, forgot that you only had 8 1/2' to work with. So then from seed I would plan on 5 weeks from seed. If you were going to do a real halfpipe scrog I would say 12 weeks all day long. (I've been reading on those Cycloptic units and I am curious now) But you cannot expect all sativa to behave the same. Plus you haven't really dialed in your environment and system yet have you? Playing with water is one thing, but doing a run with so much new tech like you have is something I would advise caution with. There is nothing in Congress that says when you can flip the lights when the tops hit the flip mark. They plants will let you know, and by planning farther than needed, you get the bonus of being ahead of schedule.

timmur

timmur

Thanks for the insight. I'm not even remotely close to dialed, but I'm just looking for general guidelines. Of course I'll have to adapt as the grow progresses. I'm really just trying to minimize unwelcome surprises!

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
Thanks for the insight. I'm not even remotely close to dialed, but I'm just looking for general guidelines. Of course I'll have to adapt as the grow progresses. I'm really just trying to minimize unwelcome surprises!
You never know what might happen good luck :)

But I'm sure you will kill it hehe

timmur

timmur

So just a quick update. I finally unpacked the rest of the equipment. 12 little Greenbeams hanging in a room... Just waiting for the Agrowtek controller and a few odds and ends. The room arrives the 19th and then it's time to put the lights up and fully assemple the UC! I'm targeting next weekend to be finished, but I don't know if it'll be completely done by then. It'll be close. I'll probably start the seeds next Sunday. Super stoked!

20160214 041912779 iOS

Top Bottom