Acupulco Gold

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.B

Dr.B

I have this plant in the nursery threads at the moment but seeing as I have an excess of time due to the pandemic... I may as well keep a diary on it too.

I got this as a freebie/extra from seedsman in my last order. Just the one, and I'm not really a sativa guy... I was shutting down for the summer after my current crop of cheese but our travel plans have been effectively cancelled. I figured I could play around with her while I got a new strain/mother started for the upcoming fall/winter/spring seasons.

I was hoping to grow her out a bit further and get some significant LST done by now but some persistent minor soil pH issues, (Hence the nursery post) have slowed things down over the last two weeks. A schedule is a schedule in this case, I think I'm on top of it...

As it stands right now, she goes to flower in a week or so. I'll post here weekly as I go.

Acupulco gold
Acupulco gold 2
Acupulco gold 3
Dr.B

Dr.B

Mind the roots. Light is actually a demand function and shows us more than most can see.

I'm not 100% sure what you're getting at there to be honest. Could you elaborate?

This tent runs on LED only, she grew up under two 2' EDK's 24 watts each. I switched her to a more intense LED, the one she's currently under, its a generic veg light... "Noah" Lighting I think, amazons choice... Anyway, this has worked well for me as a middle light. I'll attach a pic of my last root ball. :)

IMG 20200525 112910
Dr.B

Dr.B

Nice. That looks like a stout strain with good architecture. Some weird angles on some parts and a bit of burn on the extremities.

Just bent her arms down a couple days ago. Shes a sativa growing into indica head room... Weird angles.

The "burning" is a result of the now rectified substrate pH issue and the resulting calcium uptake issue. The problem is solved but the burned leaves remain for monitoring purposes. ;)

I've done better lol

Dr.B

Dr.B

I just put an end to light in the flower tent this evening!

After harvesting, (I've been forced to make separate drying arrangements, I prefer to dry in the tent...That big beautiful light is in high demand.) and a thorough mop down/filter swap etc. I can move this poor little tortured girl into kinder conditions for the rest of the time I keep her in veg... Might turn out to be a while yet... I'm not really in a hurry.

*No new pics, nothings changed.
(It's only been a day)

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I just put an end to light in the flower tent this evening!

After harvesting, (I've been forced to make separate drying arrangements, I prefer to dry in the tent...That big beautiful light is in high demand.) and a thorough mop down/filter swap etc. I can move this poor little tortured girl into kinder conditions for the rest of the time I keep her in veg... Might turn out to be a while yet... I'm not really in a hurry.

*No new pics, nothings changed.
(It's only been a day)
i "borrowed" more real estate from my gurl

i hang in a typical closet, with a hygro and humidifier, as needed. i tend to overdry because it works better for my purposes. whoever said 12%, doesn't grow sticky icky and never tried smoking a 12%, joint... but as i don't sling... weight doesn't matter and i feel like it high gears the curing process n definitely, helps keep the chlorophyll kiss to my oil, at a minimum.

all this bag drying business, is more headache, more time... more risk, imho. I've seen the videos and of course, envy the ability to light n climate control a dry, with ease... but for me, that means shutting down the entire r.i.c.o. operation and i will have nun of it. 😁

and i have yet to see any stem actually snap, at 12%... more like 10...

Dr.B

Dr.B

i "borrowed" more real estate from my gurl

i hang in a typical closet, with a hygro and humidifier, as needed. i tend to overdry because it works better for my purposes. whoever said 12%, doesn't grow sticky icky and never tried smoking a 12%, joint... but as i don't sling... weight doesn't matter and i feel like it high gears the curing process n definitely, helps keep the chlorophyll kiss to my oil, at a minimum.

all this bag drying business, is more headache, more time... more risk, imho. I've seen the videos and of course, envy the ability to light n climate control a dry, with ease... but for me, that means shutting down the entire r.i.c.o. operation and i will have nun of it. 😁

and i have yet to see any stem actually snap, at 12%... more like 10...
It all depends on where you live I'm finding. It takes me 3 - 4 days to hang, even with a humidifier running. I trim them a little wet... A little. Then they go into the rack for 12 - 24 hours before going in the jars to cure. I land at 63% - 65% within 24 hours of jarring the buds.

People say, I'm nuts and that's too fast. To that I say, you try drying pot slowly in a desert climate lol.

My pot continues to knock socks off despite this. ;)

Dr.B

Dr.B

It all depends on where you live I'm finding. It takes me 3 - 4 days to hang, even with a humidifier running. I trim them a little wet... A little. Then they go into the rack for 12 - 24 hours before going in the jars to cure. I land at 63% - 65% within 24 hours of jarring the buds.

People say, I'm nuts and that's too fast. To that I say, you try drying pot slowly in a desert climate lol.

I cure for up to 6 weeks from there.

Dr.B

Dr.B

Anyone here ever just find a strain that they don't get along well with?

I'm considering taking clones and culling this one in a week or so... I've found that seedlings can tend to be more finicky than clones...

Dr.B

Dr.B

I'm considering taking clones and culling this one in a week or so... I've found that seedlings can tend to be more finicky than clones...

Not taking clones, just killing her off. I'd rather not nurse her all summer. Effort better spent on my supercritical CBD mom. (Who hasn't complained the whole time, since I popped her seed)

A break from the utility bill would be nice too haha. Sorry to anyone who was interested in watching her grow.

I'll post no snuff pics! 🤣🤣🤣

cruzin

cruzin

I had 3 acapulco golds in the outside garden last summer and its the favorite of alot of people who I have given it too. I ordered more acapulco seeds for the future I liked it so well.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I had 3 acapulco golds in the outside garden last summer and its the favorite of alot of people who I have given it too. I ordered more acapulco seeds for the future I liked it so well.
Perhaps it doesn't like my geographic location... Lol very happy for you! 😜

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

lmfao

how's it growin, doc? I'll try to get current. been a rough week with the, "upstairs neighbors"... about how it feels...

Screenshot 20200531 110840 Chrome
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

we neighbors? I'm in az. for my purposes, and i know exactly what your talking about... i don't cater to smokin bud, anymore. if i did, I'd do one month flushes, again... suffer the loss of bulk and take more care, with the closet, rh... i lost the heart. but know what we're capable of, same as u. g should b grateful, it's still better than clinic, garbage... and that i even save any to b smoked. but u know i need a grip of cured strains for the oil and whatever u and i gain, or lose in moisture, bovadas [makes sign of the cross], right our wrongs and if one can tell the diff after 6-9 months, of two day earlier dried bud, I'd go gay and blow he, or she, on the spot. earlier on, sure...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

this is no lie... and I've experimented with clipping clones, of 3 node seedlings. they take...
now, i saw a pot, YouTube show about c2,3, etc... clones, providing more bulk, significantly and as we know them to b genetically identical, it doesn't register with me... what does, is the mundane boredom, of growing the exact same strain, a 3rd, etc time and knowing her exact combination of preferences and finessing the singular strain over the course of up to even a year... and i did it... they weren't wrong about the bulk, but I'm more inclined to believe, it was the added strain intel, that did the trick and i knew, going forward- well, tbh, i never had any admiration, for those pussies, who only grow one strain, over... and over... and over...

Dr.B

Dr.B

lmfao

how's it growin, doc? I'll try to get current. been a rough week with the, "upstairs neighbors"... about how it feels...
Lol 🤣🤣 It's growing but I'm not a fan after the first month with her. I've definitely not made it easy for her at times but I like to see more resilience in the strains I grow. I suspect its mostly geographic. I fight to keep the humidity above 50% at all times here. Vapirising about 2 gallons of water a day in my 100sq. Ft. Office lol

I don't take it personally. Just move on Doc. Lol

Dr.B

Dr.B

we neighbors? I'm in az. for my purposes, and i know exactly what your talking about... i don't cater to smokin bud, anymore. if i did, I'd do one month flushes, again... suffer the loss of bulk and take more care, with the closet, rh... i lost the heart. but know what we're capable of, same as u. g should b grateful, it's still better than clinic, garbage... and that i even save any to b smoked. but u know i need a grip of cured strains for the oil and whatever u and i gain, or lose in moisture, bovadas [makes sign of the cross], right our wrongs and if one can tell the diff after 6-9 months, of two day earlier dried bud, I'd go gay and blow he, or she, on the spot. earlier on, sure...
A few hundred... Kilometers north of you. ;) Still desert... Or winter. We get both. 🤣🤣

Dr.B

Dr.B

this is no lie... and I've experimented with clipping clones, of 3 node seedlings. they take...
now, i saw a pot, YouTube show about c2,3, etc... clones, providing more bulk, significantly and as we know them to b genetically identical, it doesn't register with me... what does, is the mundane boredom, of growing the exact same strain, a 3rd, etc time and knowing her exact combination of preferences and finessing the singular strain over the course of up to even a year... and i did it... they weren't wrong about the bulk, but I'm more inclined to believe, it was the added strain intel, that did the trick and i knew, going forward- well, tbh, i never had any admiration, for those pussies, who only grow one strain, over... and over... and over...
Familiarity is a big part of it. I tend to grow a strain twice before moving on. Just to see what I can get them to do. Even a hint lol.

I'd have to buy it if I grew the same strain quarter after quarter, year after year. Mind numbing robotic growing. Nope. Not for me. :)

*I see unexplainable, (to me anyway) differences, big beautiful differences, when flowering clones over seeds. I don't need to know they why of absolutely everything, just what works for me. 🤣🤣

Top Bottom