Added Molasses Pistols Turned Brown

• Thread starter CJohnson 78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

I added a carb additive to my grow when I fed my plants nutes. I checked on them a couple hours after the watering and noticed some of my pistols on the top colas started to shrink and turn a brown Amber color. Has anyone experience this issue if so please help. I just started 5th week of flower.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Sounds like your flowers are starting to finish up. Molasses will never burn root tips, unless you WAY over did it. You sure your regular nutes were added at the right ratio's?

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

Sounds like your flowers are starting to finish up. Molasses will never burn root tips, unless you WAY over did it. You sure your regular nutes were added at the right ratio's?
I actually deluted nutes to half as normal. Then I bought an all natural organic carb booster for the last half of flower. It is a straight sativa strain. It was just weird two hours after I watered I noticed the browning of the pistols.

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

This is my first grow ever. Today would be day 1 of week 5 of flower so should I be expecting the pistols to start changing. I used avid as a pest preventive. So no mites. Checked for hermies no hermies and these plants were clones. I appreciate any suggestions. Should I flush if worse when lights come on tonight or wait see what happens.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh fuck, Avid?

I use molasses all the time (and other sugars). I have never seen it cause the pistils to turn, ever. Ever. What have I seen cause pistils to turn? Pollination, foliars of certain products, shit like Avid... Of course, like Bulldog mentions, maybe it could happen if the sugars were really overdone, but I can't imagine how much it would take to do that.

Avid is not meant to be used as a preventative/prophylactic. Whoever sold it to you and/or told you to use it that way needs to do some reading (unless it's someone who just doesn't care). Did it come with the full labeling, at the very least?

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

What did you wear when you sprayed Avid? How long did you stay out of the grow room? You realize 10 drops of avid will kill a human?
I used half a milliliter per 32 oz spray bottle. Lightly misted the plants one week before flower. My blue dream strain seemed fine. Green crack and the Thai strain I got didn't like it to much.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Please stop using that stuff, especially as a preventative. That's one of the best ways to create resistant critters, assuming you haven't already harmed yourself.

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

I only used one teaspoon of the carb booster per 1 gallon of water

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok, now I'm confused. Did you use molasses, or a carb booster? If the latter, what are the ingredients? I only use actual sugars, I rarely buy anything from a hydro shop.

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

I forgot the name of it. It was ES organic carb booster. All natural ingredients with molasses and honey. Directions were to add 1 or 2 teaspoons per gallon of water once a week. I only added one teaspoon the first time.

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

Please stop using that stuff, especially as a preventative. That's one of the best ways to create resistant critters, assuming you haven't already harmed yourself.
Won't use avid again. Any suggestions on what to use as preventive I do get the occasional critter in my basement.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I keep thinking back to @Seamaiden and her first post. I've only seen 3 things turn pistils. Pollination, getting some sm90 on the pistils(plenty other foliar will do it too), and maturity. At some point you're going to see some pistils turn brown then you'll see them all slowly start to go that way. That's a natural part of the life cycle of the plant. I'd stop using the Avid and monitor the progress of the pistils. Just my 2 cents.

*edit* seems you got the Avid covered.

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

I keep thinking back to @Seamaiden and her first post. I've only seen 3 things turn pistils. Pollination, getting some sm90 on the pistils(plenty other foliar will do it too), and maturity. At some point you're going to see some pistils turn brown then you'll see them all slowly start to go that way. That's a natural part of the life cycle of the plant. I'd stop using the Avid and monitor the progress of the pistils. Just my 2 cents.

*edit* seems you got the Avid covered.
Will do thanks for the advice.

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

I would like to thank everyone for the advice. I will keep an eye on them. Hopefully it's just old age.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Your plants are starting senescence. All the strains you mentioned will be starting to mature now especially the tops, the Thai and green crack should be really pucking up orange hairs next week and the blue dream will keep putting out new white hair growth for another 2-3 weeks. I harvest green crack at day 52, its almost always 100% mature with trichs starting to amber.

Top Bottom