adding co2 burner

• Thread starter fifty6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fifty6

fifty6

I am in the process of moving my room to an out building now and an adding a co2 burner. is it better to have it on a timer so it only comes on when the lights are on ot can it be on all the time. I have the controller that won't let it go over 1500 and under 1000.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am in the process of moving my room to an out building now and an adding a co2 burner. is it better to have it on a timer so it only comes on when the lights are on ot can it be on all the time. I have the controller that won't let it go over 1500 and under 1000.
Timer and shut it off about an hour before light out and on an hour after lights on. You can tweek this after seeing the readings. There is more to this i suggest to vent at night also. All this info can be found in a google search

Last edited:
weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Before you CO2 - Got photons? You can add CO2 but if you haven't supplied the needful photons, all is pretty much useless. You have to be well at and somewhat beyond the DLI ( Daily Light Integral ) to have that CO2 actually get used by the plant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Before you CO2 - Got photons? You can add CO2 but if you haven't supplied the needful photons, all is pretty much useless. You have to be well at and somewhat beyond the DLI ( Daily Light Integral ) to have that CO2 actually get used by the plant.
Starting approx about 1000 ppfd or whatever the new name they use. Not sure there a definitive number bit around there. If your not surpassing that @weedtech is right there is little benefit.

Oh and welcome to the forum weed

fifty6

fifty6

ok. thanks. I've been googling alot of it but nothing was really straight forward. I'll keep researching

fifty6

fifty6

photons is basically just having enough light to use the co2 right? my room is 12x24 ft and have 8 to 9 1200 watt double ended lights. would those be sufficient enough to use all the co2?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

photons is basically just having enough light to use the co2 right? my room is 12x24 ft and have 8 to 9 1200 watt double ended lights. would those be sufficient enough to use all the co2?
What are the fixtures? Plants will benefit from CO2 somewhat even with less ppfd but effectiveness is lowered. It's kind of a eough guess but around 700 ppm will be beneficial up to 900-1000ppfd and more CO2 will likely not be of any benefit. If you can push 1300-1500ppfd it's likely going to benefit you to run as high as 1200ppm beyond that I have no idea.

If you are using CO2 I suggest not only have the lighting for it but environmental control for VPD or else you won't see as much benefit as studies show.

It's not something you simply add and get 20-30% faster growth rates.

If your a newer grower. I wouldn't even consider it until everything else is dialed in. I would suggest it be added after personally unless you have experience properly setting up grow rooms.

I did mine on a very small scale. I don't want to give you information that may lead you to spend money on something that's not going to work as effectively as you assume but I can try to answer your questions.

fifty6

fifty6

the fixtures are the nanolux vented des. I've added co2 in my old room but now the new room is spray foamed sealed so I can actually keep the co2 in the room itself.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the fixtures are the nanolux vented des. I've added co2 in my old room but now the new room is spray foamed sealed so I can actually keep the co2 in the room itself.
Ok and what is the grow area coverage for each light. They put out just over 2000 ppfd so could easily cover a 5x5 and meet requirements for 1200ish ppm CO2. Again this is advice to the best of my knowledge. This is not what I do for a living.

fifty6

fifty6

the grow coverage is 5x5 of each light. I am going to run one plant under each light but they are really wide plants. 9 plants is pretty much all I'll be able to fit in the room of that size from the match on that room square footage I should have 11 lights in there but not really wanting to run that many lights yet.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the grow coverage is 5x5 of each light. I am going to run one plant under each light but they are really wide plants. 9 plants is pretty much all I'll be able to fit in the room of that size from the match on that room square footage I should have 11 lights in there but not really wanting to run that many lights yet.
Yeah I would say CO2 would suit you well IMO

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would use a timer and controller. Also you NEED to ventilate at night to prevent buildup of toxic gasses harmful to you and the plants. I know fuck all about burners but they do produce a small amount of ethylene which is a plant hormone.

fifty6

fifty6

aqua man. would I just have to have a small exhaust fan on a timer for venting it? and would you recommend it venting out high in the room or low where the co2 drops to?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

aqua man. would I just have to have a small exhaust fan on a timer for venting it? and would you recommend it venting out high in the room or low where the co2 drops to?
In a properly circulated room CO2 should be well mixed into the room and not settle to the lower portion. I don't vent my room I run tanks. But if I did I would do it high up more for the temp.

Yes exhaust fans... Set CO2 to close at about an hour before lights out. Tweek this after you have some numbers to work with. Then a fan at lights out... I'm thinking you need to at least exchange the total volume of air once.

Unlike a vented room all you are trying to do is remove the unwanted gasses not 2-3 times air exchange an hour to replenish CO2 .

Dbear180

Dbear180

I dont vent at night. My room is pretty tight, but not air tight. About 1400ppm when lights go out & when I come in before lights on it's about 400ppm. Hook everything up & see what your room does before you start making changes that may be unneccessary. Not saying aqua is wrong, but you may not have to do those mods if your room naturally seeps out with positive pressure. Just a thought.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Most controllers have a photo period sensor so no need for a timer. They wont run at night. Just make sure if using a burner your tank isnt in the room to avoid all of those problems and you have the correct jets.

fifty6

fifty6

ok. thanks guys. I think mine has a photo sensor on it also. I'll have the tank outside the building to

Latest posts

Top Bottom