Adding Nutrients to Tap Water thats already 500ppms

• Thread starter YoungDro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noone88

What do you mean inneficient? Do you mean using 3 times as much water just to get RO purified?

Correct

I am being told that Mini-Split A/C (What we need for sealed rooms + co2) Units releases RO water that can be used, is this true?

Yes, you can do that. You have to dial in the room first because depending on your setup, you may have very low humidity (which means it's pulling a lot of water from the air) and you may overflood your RO res. You'll need to make an overflow drain, which is as easy as drilling an E&F fitting and running tubing down a drain.

It also depends on how your minisplit is installed. Unless you're specific, most installers will have the water drain outside into the dirt.

Y

YoungDro

sweet bro, my buddy has his own business...community heating and plumbing he was the one who mentioned using that water cuz its clean.

sounds like it will work great

from the looks of it for my 10K Watt light grow I am looking at getting 2-70 pint dehumifiers $300 Each . drawing in moisture mainly for the night cycle, just to be sure.

Y

YoungDro

What size co2 burner do i need for 15Ft by 20Ft and 24Ft X 28Ft? 10-15 1000 watt hps

Will an 8 burner do it?

Will a dual-zone 5 ton (2-2.5 ton) mini split cool 15 lights (bare bulb) in a sealed room with a co2 burner?

I was told i need 4,000 btus per light in a sealed room with a burner

2.5 ton-5 lights
3.5 ton-10 lights'
5 ton-15 lights

4X5 ton=60 lights --like jackmayoffers warehouse

M

mrdizzle

Def try to collect that AC water, in theory, whatever water is pulled out of the res will be put into the air and collected by the ac and dehums saving you alot of water waste with RO

N

noone88

Get the fastest burner you can find. I never found a reason to go with anything less than the fastest burner. I use the sentinel vcg-27 which is a 10 burners

Not sure where you found a dual zone 2.5ton x 2 minisplit. The cost of 2 x 2.5 (or 3 ton) minisplit is close to the cost of a 5 ton excelair. However, with the minisplit, you don't have to do any ducting.. it's really up to you.

Start off with one dehumidifier. I've actually been using mine less often. The only time I even bother with the dehumidifier is during days 35+. This is assuming you have anti-mold drywall and/or paint.

C

canaguy27

Young Dro, I can get you a stealth 100 for $175 or a 200 for $225. They are RO filters.

I also carry grozone c02 generators (lp5 and lp10) with the controllers.

I have a 10 plant room and am running a mitsubishi 3k single zone, but 8 of my lights are vented. Im putting an order in today, so let me know if you want on it. Ill pm as well.

N

noone88

We've had this discussion before.. It's not worth it going with a non-branded minisplit since the most important piece of equipment is your air conditioner.

Stick to Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, or Friedrich systems.

Unless you're an HVAC installer or you can install/fix minisplits yourself.

Y

YoungDro

We've had this discussion before.. It's not worth it going with a non-branded minisplit since the most important piece of equipment is your air conditioner.

Stick to Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, or Friedrich systems.

Unless you're an HVAC installer or you can install/fix minisplits yourself.

Friedrich's largest model is 3 ton right? 36k btus

I'll go ahead and get the 3 ton for 3k, IMO these things are badass, and for it to last years without breaking down sounds good

N

noone88

Yea minisplits max out at 3 tons (36k btu). The model that you linked, they basically stacked two compressor units on top of each other.

Either way, Mitsubishi, Fujitsu units are easy to work on and access to spare parts is widely available.

When you start using nonbranded minisplits, if it does break, finding a specific replacement part is very difficult.

Y

YoungDro

Im going with this

3 Ton Friedrich Mini-Split 36k btu from www.kingersons.com

Can I get a Cap 8 burner for a 10 light grow 15X20?
I noticed they are 1/3 the price of Blu-Ox, is the last decision to make based on Brand name product

Grozone controller nothin else too

the 70-pint dehuey from sears (kenmore elite) $300 looks kick ass.

1/4 HP chiller for 1-100 gallon res? or 1/2 HP.

N

noone88

What's your grow style? RDWC?

Stick with 5k watts = 0.5 HP as a rule and you'll be safe. Anything less and you'll be running your chiller hard and have poor control over your temps.

RDWC and all the pipes and minitubs act like a huge radiator. When your water is 63-68 and the room temp is 80-85, the water will naturally soak up heat as it flows.

Y

YoungDro

What's your grow style? RDWC?

Stick with 5k watts = 0.5 HP as a rule and you'll be safe. Anything less and you'll be running your chiller hard and have poor control over your temps.

RDWC and all the pipes and minitubs act like a huge radiator. When your water is 63-68 and the room temp is 80-85, the water will naturally soak up heat as it flows.

Yes Recirculating DWC though I'm about to start a 10 light grow all at once, it wont be like oh i got 4 more lights to go and , stuff is on the way, so looks like i got to veg longer, and what not. this is will be done all at once, as a whole.
Nothin will start until everything is dialed in.
I might start vegging while im settin everything up and dialing everything in to make use of time though. but my g13/hashplant cuts will not be too big b4 they go in the room they gotta be 18"-20"
I can't fatham how excited I am, to have a perfect grow room, well at least everything i need to make it perfect.
grozone co2 monitor
nat gas generator
mini split
hi blo 80
1/2 hp chiller
100 gall ez drain rez
3600gph mag drive
2 - 1200gph mags
dehuey..
i dont have any of this right now!
$20,000 has to be enough. Cuz that's all i got and i seen people waste that much because they had no clue what they were gettin themselves into.

Is ActiveAqua Good. they are $750 at plantlightinghydroponics, or is EcoPlus a must?s

N

noone88

Go with a 1hp chiller. Cost difference is minimal. My only experience with chillers has been Ecoplus and Prime. Ecoplus is good quality stuff.

Top Bottom