Additional red lighting for flower?

• Thread starter curious618
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
curious618

curious618

Would it be advantageous to add in some red lighting during flower? Currently using a knockoff 240W QB in a 2x4x5 tent. Thanks!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Sure, I don't see why not. What kind of red lights? LEDS? As the flowering occurs mostly in the 640 to 680 nm range, anything close to that is going to help, if it's in bright enough quanties.

sambapati

sambapati

I've got the same question and below I can see 2 different answers....more research needed here. Let's not forget The Police "Roxanne, you don't have to turn on your Red Light."

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There is current research showing 660nm and 770nm far red increase yield.

growsince79

growsince79

240w qb in a 2x4x 5 is plenty of light. That's why I say probably not. Depending on strain and if all other enviormenal factors are dialed in (hard to do in that tiny space) then maybe it could help.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

P
How bright would it need to be to make a difference?

Asking me? Better to quote the comment so we get an alert.

And im sorry i dont know the answer. I would trust HLG uses the proper intensity and amount. I got the info from the university of utah cannabis lab. Vids on you tube.

curious618

curious618

P

Asking me? Better to quote the comment so we get an alert.

And im sorry i dont know the answer. I would trust HLG uses the proper intensity and amount. I got the info from the university of utah cannabis lab. Vids on you tube.
My bad will do in the future. I’m just gonna roll with what I’ve got for this grow. Thanks for the info.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My bad will do in the future. I’m just gonna roll with what I’ve got for this grow. Thanks for the info.

Thats fine. The extra things like far red added or certain effective additives give diminishing returns.

In other words good gardening practice and a good stable environment will make a much bigger difference than just some added red or something.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have 2 autos in veg at day 40, there in great health but flowering poorly, i turned the other cycle on to give it some red, this was last week and both plants seem to be improving, but im not flowering them there still in veg mode.

sambapati

sambapati

The only thing I'm wondering is something really simple like red cellophane covering a light.....Not sure it would do anything or not. So much of it is unknown. I am also on 12/12 which I find very peaceful knowing that the plants are having a good rest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom