Adirondack Garden Gal Making a Diary '22

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

I see they are a bit steep if you want/need a bevvy of them. $40 for a dozen Ball wide mouth at Bezo's store at a quick look. Didn't look elsewhere just window shopping šŸ™‚

TSD

TSD

I see they are a bit steep if you want/need a bevvy of them. $40 for a dozen Ball wide mouth at Bezo's store at a quick look. Didn't look elsewhere just window shopping šŸ™‚
Yeah I wanted more last year bit the price went up, I started using grove bags for the majority of my stuff cause it's just easier. I have a whole tote full of jars being occupied by butter/hash buds that I need to do something with. I like the grove bags for curing in bulk, but jars are nice for tops and head smoke... just something about that pop and dank smell that smacks you in the face lol... though the bags get plenty stinky too.

TSD

TSD

I like cracking the jar every day. I roll fresh every day.
No bags for me.
Yeah after I'm sure my bags are at a good level, I only get into them once in a while to turn the buds or refill my jars... I feel like the Grove bags don't cure properly if you open them up too often, you can tell they're working if you leave them closed for a good while because it will be more stinky than if you're getting into it all the time. I might even heat seal some this year.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Awesome job @TSD. Your outdoor looks great . Certainly looks better than anything Iā€™ve made indoors. Hope that BCHP is a hitter, being your big yeilder! Super Late to journal but good stuff. šŸŒ±ā¤ļø

TSD

TSD

Awesome job @TSD. Your outdoor looks great . Certainly looks better than anything Iā€™ve made indoors. Hope that BCHP is a hitter, being your big yeilder! Super Late to journal but good stuff. šŸŒ±ā¤ļø
Thanks I appreciate that, I try! I'll post more pics of all the strains once they are all cured up and I dry trim a few tops.šŸ˜Š

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah I wanted more last year bit the price went up, I started using grove bags for the majority of my stuff cause it's just easier. I have a whole tote full of jars being occupied by butter/hash buds that I need to do something with. I like the grove bags for curing in bulk, but jars are nice for tops and head smoke... just something about that pop and dank smell that smacks you in the face lol... though the bags get plenty stinky too.
Def a thrift shop item - last trip were 50 cent each

TSD

TSD

Did you whack the refugee?
Yeah I had to, I got wrapped up in harvest and neglected her and she got PM beyond what I wanted to deal with. She could have gone several more weeks. She only amounted to 7 ounces of early bud... shame, love the lemons... all my Lemon hopes are in Amnesia Lemon now, she might just come down tomorrow.... we'll see, pinched something in my back today and am not loving life currently.

TSD

TSD

Def a thrift shop item - last trip were 50 cent each
We do a lot of thrifting... most of my favorite clothes are from thrift shops... haven't come across any amber jars yet... I have a plethora of regular Mason jars from various decades lol.
Screenshot 20221025 202648

TSD

TSD

Well, we started chopping Amnesia Lemon today. Weather is going downhill, well below freezing at night, 50s during the day and showers. I also found a tiny spot of botrytis. I can't be covering and blow drying with my jacked up back... so that's too many strikes and down she comes... don't want to push my luck. The extra couple weeks did her well enough.
20221026 114809
20221026 114521
20221026 114347

We'll probably finish her off tomorrow.

TSD

TSD

Well I had a better video with commentary, but it won't let me upload it for some reason, maybe the file is too big... so here's my silent video. My ombre bud, the true top of the Amnesia Lemon, but not the biggest cola, I don't think. Shows the effects Ma Nature has on our ladies. This was a heavy arm, so I tied her and a few others up about a month ago to keep them from snapping in the wind. The side facing out, towards the late day sun and cool night air, is purple, the side that was protected, more so cause she slouched, is bright green... the sides have an ombre effect... pretty cool, at least I think so.
20221026 114430

TSD

TSD

Oh and I forgot to mention that I did find a few fat aphids and adult thrips, I think the combination of unseasonably warm weather and the fact that I am obviously not spraying anymore, gave them a chance to come back around... not infested but I can't fight them right now, so I'm chopping and washing before the little fuckers can multiply any more.

TSD

TSD

Well we harvested the bulk of Amnesia Lemon, all the big stuff. Left the smaller stuff out for a little experiment, cause I like to torture the poor girls sometimes. I knew it would be a hard frost, seeing if they can take it and not turn to mush. If they do, I'll dub them "ice buds" like they do with the grapes they let freeze for ice wine in these parts. It was 19 degrees F (that's about -7 for the people that use the system that makes sense šŸ¤£) when I went out at 7ish, after sun up, so I imagine it was colder in the wee hours of the morning, they're still frozen solid currently and it's not supposed to get above freezing till like 10.
20221028 072004
20221028 071935
20221028 071913

We shall see!

Here's some pics from yesterday's harvesting extravaganza.
20221027 175542
20221027 100637
Squeaky clean
20221027 180235
20221027 112010
Happy Friday farmers!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Truly stunning! Takes hard work and dedication to pull of a successful outdoor grow of that size. Enjoy šŸ˜Š

Latest posts

Top Bottom