Adjust-A-Wing Hoods

• Thread starter CrippledArcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I just got some used one threw out my veg room today. It my old set up was 1k with 6" coolsun from NWG. Big improvement. Had found one scratch so far on one of them. Can not complain for the killer deal I came across. You can run 2 lamps, just get another socket cord set like other said. For get the defusing the light. Point less. Person I got them from are connecting several back to back to back on large bars and crack stands. Can do amazing things with them I can tell. My area hard to get to spot. It was nice to have several objects to connect. if this thing was solid. It would never have got inside the room! Next will be the cord set. You can move the lamp 3-4 different spots depending on how long your lamp is. Next would be how close you want the lamp to be from reflector!

Besides this hood. My MagXXL hood rocks too. How ever this a-wings impressive.

Other one I was thinking. What about not using the cord that pulls the wings together? Would that be better? Few friends are all sold on Large hoods Large light spread.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

It keeps the curve on the wing in order to get even light distribution with minimal hot spots. That is why it is said to use the string.

D9mafia

D9mafia

How many of you are using the diffuser ?Looks like it's going to set me back about 200 + for a large hood with 2 adapters and cords. I wish I could use the one that are with my Sun Systems dual setup that would save me a little change

Anything is possible with a little bit of fabricating!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Right now I have two rooms with adjust a wings and one room with xxxls and the rooms with adjustawings are so much brighter it's insane. You DO have to beef up your AC though, that is for sure! It definitely COSTS more to RUN the Adjustawings but that expense is more than made up by the increased yield!

Also, AVOID THE KNOCKOFFS! I bought a couple of the, "adjustable wings" off ebay for $90 and you get what you pay for! The knockoffs throw noticeably less light, have hot spots, cheap sockets that you have to mess with to get the bulb twisted in correctly and the tension cables do not allow the same level of adjustment. Do it right or don't do it at all.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Im getting my hands on one of theses next week to check it out. What kind of area are you guys covering with these? 4x4 ? will they go 4.5x5 with cross lighting? How are you guys adjusting them, I see the bulb moves up and down and the wings adjust.

U

ukbigbud

Like does the super spreader work. Just looked again on the site it's total madness.

green punk

green punk

Spreader is BS. If you adjust the bulb upwards toward reflector it is brighter, or it sure seems that way. As far as costing more to run...(GTB) it may be so, but the costs of ducting and fans to exhaust the air cooled is spendy too.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

does anyone here know and use tthe spring summer and fall settings for their grow or just leave it at one setting or what cuz i believe those three setting are crucial???

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I use the spreader too... necessary if you want uniform growth no unbalanced growth in the mono grow plus no blight or burn right under the bulb. WHAT do you guys think about Sun Pulse bulbs in there maybe the 4k with the 10k 0r 7k???? Less mercury shower on your buds with the sun pulse to i believe that shit too... i talked to the VP of sunpulse for three hours straight at the hydro shop and he is bias but there is proof out there about the mercury bombs created with the hps bulb digi ballast combo... watcha think

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

and using a mh next to a hps so close causes problems to if im not mistaken the light from one jacks up the element in the other but that might not be true with two mh's with the combo kelvins

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Spreader is BS. If you adjust the bulb upwards toward reflector it is brighter, or it sure seems that way. As far as costing more to run...(GTB) it may be so, but the costs of ducting and fans to exhaust the air cooled is spendy too.

Hey, I'm gonna get an A-wing when I upgrade and I can get a spreader for $25, so is it really useless?? I don't wanna waste $$ if it doesn't help my grow.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

what are the dimension of plant canopy what wattage are you mono growing and how far do you like your bulb away from your canopy? With every foot of distance you lose four times the intensity of your light so closer the better if indeed your temps are in check scratch that indeed if your whole environment is in check (lock ur line you know) then you can get as close as a foot with a thouwow and even closer if your on a mover with co2.... so that 25$ investment maybe worth it even if its insurance for that hot spot burn or blight or unbalanced growth cuz trust me unless your on a mover your not growing the same under the bulb as you are in that dark corner over.... just opinoin your know we all gottem LOL

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Man this was an old thread. Actually went with a 1000w HPS in one room and moved the dual 400 to another.

Top Bottom