Adjust-A-Wing Knock OFF ?

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Looking to buy some large Adjust-A-Wings, best price I can find is like $195.00 then saw these

Anyone using these ??

coloradochem

coloradochem

i dnt know anything about the adjust a wings, but this one doesnt look adjustable.

I

ibTheMan

Bro $195 for that thing? F that, that thing sucks. you can get xxxl 6 for that or less and is 100x better.
That knock off doesn't come with the socket.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Adjust a wings are the only way to go if you don't need to cool your lights. I'd say those knock offs don't look too bad for the price. Only true way to find out is to try em out!

Ibtheman, I've got magnums and Adjust a wings. Magnums kill it if you need air-cooled hoods. If not, adjust a wing it up!

:character0180:

D

DazedNconfussed

I got one just like that from my hydro store for $100....i love it....throw a massive light foot print....its adjustable, the wire goes across from and back...tighten it up and it pulls the wings in for a smaller foot print....you can also adjust how for you want the grow light to hang...I have mine as close to the hood as it can get wich is llike half inch...but it can drop down as much as 4-5" easy....I have the large one...the medium was like 70...for the money its the best out...if you dont need air cooled....

it also came with socket and cord....

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
The only real difference is the gauge of metal used for the wing....oh and the price :nod
FJ

G

grinkeeper

I know first hand that the quality of that spesific knock of is very high and there is actually no really difference but for marketing cost for the name brand with this itme.. I have seen the knock off as I know the importer of the product coming inot b.c. and beileve be its totally worth it and its a far more realistic price.. they work great.. and the picture doestn do it justice.. you will not be disapointed.. these are killer.... and priced to be great sellers..
zero quality boost with the name brand trust me..

ttystikk

ttystikk

says right on the website socket assembly sold separately. One would assume that means the cord comes with that too...

The picture didn't impress me half as much as the slavish attention to copying every detail did.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

East West Hydro has the large adjust a wings with cord for $158. Best price I could find. I have ordered from these guys before and highly recommend them :

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ill be running adj wings in my new room(already bought em)but i gotta say there pretty simple units and im sure very easily copied alot cheaper.I wonder if they have some sort of patent precluding this or if the knockoffs have changed/tweaked something just enough to get by and work just as well,i mean seriously cmon its just a bat wing reflector right?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ill be running adj wings in my new room(already bought em)but i gotta say there pretty simple units and im sure very easily copied alot cheaper.I wonder if they have some sort of patent precluding this or if the knockoffs have changed/tweaked something just enough to get by and work just as well,i mean seriously cmon its just a bat wing reflector right?

In defense of adjustawings, they are a lot better than any batwings I've ever seen. The curve built into the adjustawing is a far better reflecting surface than just simple sheetmetal with a couple folds bent into it.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

adjust a wings didn't they used to cost like #40?
No you're thinking of econowings. Econowings have bends in the sheet metal. Adjustawings have a seemless transition that is supposed to be way better. Adjustawings definitely have a much larger, more intense footprint. I still think they're way overpriced though. No way the adjustawings cost more than $15 to build. They are making a killing.

altimood

altimood

Bro $195 for that thing? F that, that thing sucks. you can get xxxl 6 for that or less and is 100x better.
That knock off doesn't come with the socket.

I'm missing something. I'm seeing $80 bucks. That's a decent deal. Adjusta wings are awesome. No disrespect IB. Just wondering if I'm missing a charge somewhere or added cost?...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SunBoss Extreme V- Wing
Email to a Friend
Be the first to review this product
Availability: In stock

Product Name Price Qty
SunBoss Extreme V- Wing 24"x26"
$59.95

SunBoss Extreme V- Wing 26" x 30"
$79.95

Add to Cart
OR
Add to Compare
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those econo wings suck. I have them. I'm converting to adjusta's as soon as money allows. I wonder if there is a difference here knock-off wise? Thanks for posting this thread BTW.

Nevermind- socket sold seperately. Got it.

$30.00
http://www.horticulturesource.com/sunlight-supply-adjust-a-wing-socket-assembly-w-cord-p4674/

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Was browsing that webiste and found this:
almost want to test it, not at that price though.

altimood

altimood

Got a guy from a store in Denver telling me Daystar's throw 6%-8% more light per square foot than xxxl in a side by side test with a light meter. I like the idea of adjust-a-wings because there is no lens to clean.

That reflector is crazy GTB! I've never seen that one.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Got a guy from a store in Denver telling me Daystar's throw 6%-8% more light per square foot than xxxl in a side by side test with a light meter.
Bullshit. Fuck that guy. XXXL all day vs the daystar.

Top Bottom