Adjust-a-wing reflectors...

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Anyone have any experience with these? I know that George Cervantes is a fan. They claim to light a huge area compared to others...ie the large version (for a 1k bulb) is supposed to cover a 6' x 7' area compared to the usual 4' x 4' rule of thumb for 1000 watts. Just wonderin what kind of area it really covers, so I can decide weather to get a large or medium sized one.

TIA.

D

doc

they are good yes, it eazy cover 6 x 7 with 1k light.
im like the xl with 2 light holder in 1 hood, 1mh 1hps...
ultimate light spectrum for plant! adjusta shad is very good!

eyes

eyes

adjust a wings are pretty decent.especially for spreading light over a larger area with multiple plans.but if you want to cover a large area why not take the bulb and hang it vertically?the bulb will run pretty cool since that reflector is so open though.if you want to concentrate the light on a specific target area then a super sun 2 or a pl midi are pretty good.sun also has the xl and xxl which are 32-32.5 inches long with more of a beam concentration down on the plants then spread out to the sides.

F

FastForward

I've got two and love them....I use a heat shield with one because you do get hotspots with them, but the low profile and convenience of them make them well worth it. Plus I like the spread of light around the tent...not all downwards....

K

kiwi

I have a large sized one with a 600 watt light and I find it works great. I would defanatly recomend them.

JH420

JH420

Thanks for the input everyone...I am heavily conflicted weather to go with the adjust-a-wings or for the same money I can have an air cooled set up, which will save $$ on ac requirements and hydro consumption. I don't really need the huge footprint of the adjust-a-wing but I do like the reputed even light spread.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been trying these out and so far I like em. They have a nice footprint IMO.

T

Tolpan

I hope someone can help me!?

I bought 2 adjust a wings and I wanted to connect them with the cables, I had on my former reflector!

There I had 3 cables, one for +, another for - and the earthcable! Now I wanted to just connect it and I only have 2 cables on my new adjust a wing! One is black and the other white!

I'm running 230 V, so perhaps someone can help me!

Please

Greets

Tolpan

F

frankie-smiles

There is an Electrical Mod on here called "Fear", Give him a PM I'm sure he'll sort ya out. Sounds like there is no earth in that cable though but I'm no expert.

E

euforia

I have a large sized one with a 600 watt light and I find it works great. I would defanatly recomend them.

what is dimension on your box?I read for the large Adjust a wings with 1000w hps is 2,2m x 1,8m,but for 600...?

S

skunkysteven

great reflectors i use 3 of them with heat sheilds . x3 600 4ft by 10ft growroom

E

euforia

if I take large adjust a wins and use 2 bulbs 600w hps and 125w or 200w cfl is this good idea and how big room i can lighting with this combination

P

Punk

I run 2 of the larges with 1000w. Love them. Also run the heat shield.

T

Titoon_29

i use the AAW XL with two bulbs, 400MH and 600HPS, for 1.5m2...
i could have used it for 3m2 imo...

still, very efficient, not much heat even without the heat shields....

I love it ^^

homebrew420

homebrew420

Your wiring sounds as though there is not a ground(earth) wire. You can do one of two things if I understand this correctly. You can drill a small hole and bolt the ground wire to the reflector, safer, or not and cap it off. I would suggest you drill. Ground is an important part of an electrical system and in all areas needs to be treated accordingly. Just a tiny nut and bolt and a looped Stake-on (crimpable) connector for your ground. If you can not use your old cable then just connect the black and white and call it a day. Hope that helps

T

Tolpan

Thanks to all of you!

I was told that the new aaw dont ned a earth cause they are made of ceramic!

They work great!

Greets

Tolpan

billopuffalot

billopuffalot

i used to use chinaman shades
i now have 2 x large adjustas
they are great for my area of 2.3m long x 1.2m wide x 2.3m high
2 x 600w with anywhere between 3 to 8 plants beneath
i just have the oscilating fan catching the heat and blowing from canopy
works a treat
hope u get the enjoyment i do from them
all tha best
bil

chadkush

chadkush

Theise reflectors kick ass. You can get them with dual 600s.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

I am currently looking into switching my 3 foot parabolic shades to adjust-a-wings. The main reason is for the horizontal bulb, as we need more hight. Does anyone have experience cramming these together? I am less interested in the larger footprint, instead how close I can put them together. Plan is to put 16 in 1 12x14 room, instead of 12 3 foot vertical parabolic's and 4 shadeless vert bulbs. There is a recent pic of the room I am referring to in my thread - 32 light flip-flop.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

16k in a 12x14 you dont have room for that many reflectors lol,just hang em barebulb vert and wait for your walls to melt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom