Adjust a wing 's/

• Thread starter deep buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

RR, props on the use of a cooltube with an adjust-a-wing! Impressive... would like to see the parts list on it?

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Will do ttystikk, I think we are on the same page, I'm real interested in using a light rail to kill the hotspots and use a 600W over two 3x3 trays, lemme know how that works out. I'm out of town with the fam, when I get back I'll get a list and take some pics... Maybe I might make a new thread, I feel as though I've unintentionally moved this thread away from Deep Buddy's spacing q's.

deep buddy

deep buddy

Will do ttystikk, I think we are on the same page, I'm real interested in using a light rail to kill the hotspots and use a 600W over two 3x3 trays, lemme know how that works out. I'm out of town with the fam, when I get back I'll get a list and take some pics... Maybe I might make a new thread, I feel as though I've unintentionally moved this thread away from Deep Buddy's spacing q's.
hell naw no worries here brother. but i think your cooltube/adjustawing def deserves a DIY thread.

and on spacing ive played with all of it spreader no spreader and the height adjustment on the bulb and the spread. so far i like no spreader, bulb down, tightest spread. w/ 1k i cover a 6x10 table w/ 2 fixtures.

ttystikk

ttystikk

We're still talking about adjust-a-wings, so we're technically still on topic... right? lol

I dislike the light rails. I don't think they're a good solution to the problem of proper and even light distribution, and they create more problems than they solve. Specifically, the ends don't get as much time under the light as the middle. A circular light mover doesn't have this problem.

The reason I'm so interested in combining an adjust-a-wing with a cooltube is that this reflector is all but custom made just for a light rotator setup- only in this case, instead of setting up the 'wing with the sides pulled in and the bulb down, I prefer to have the bulb down and the wings set as far open as possible, to maximize the 'side-shine' effect. The broad light spread thus created helps light the entire area the hood circulates over. I agree that the 'wing has some hot spot issues, but if it's constantly moving, then those don't matter anymore- that light will also get spread around. Having the cooltube allows for a sealed room environment without the usual efficiency losses from the big heavy box style sealed hoods we're familiar with.

J

Jon Tran

I made an account just to join in on this thread (long-time lurker)!

I'm thinking of getting an adjust-a-wing myself, but found this "bat wing" on eBay.. It looks pretty good, but I'm not sure on the specs listed -- if it would be the same.

LINK:

Anyone have any experience with this so-called "bat wing?"

deep buddy

deep buddy

I made an account just to join in on this thread (long-time lurker)!

I'm thinking of getting an adjust-a-wing myself, but found this "bat wing" on eBay.. It looks pretty good, but I'm not sure on the specs listed -- if it would be the same.

LINK:

Anyone have any experience with this so-called "bat wing?"
it seems to be the same thing imo. i think" bat wing" is a weird tran thing. they are often called "gull wing" in europe. the one in the picture is for sure an actual adjust a wing you can see the super spreader mount. if they are knockoffs they might be crap. who knows? the have good feed back not a bad price. make sure you want to get a medium as thats what you linked. ive never used a medium but they looked very tiny next to the large!

Top Bottom