Adjusta-wing light bleaching? Anyone else have this problem?

• Thread starter thetreegrowerrr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

O I was thinking of a whole other check board pattern so keep them in rows but every other one is side ways?
I was thinking...

H. H. H
H. H.
H. H. H
H. H.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

I'm thinking of going back too my old hoods...yield master classic 2 4inch. I used those for years with the best success. Only this year I switched to adjusta wings and have had nothing but problems

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Old room from years ago...photograph courtesy of the newspaper. Haha non medical days. What a shitty day that was. Those hoods are the yield master classic 2's 4 inch optional air cool.

Last edited:
thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

How my room looked before I switched back to trees a few months ago. I copied jackmayoffers room to the T pretty much. But same thing adjusta wings cooked these poor plants. 16 lights here. On the 5 ton

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

You can see the burnt leaves all yellow look like and feel like leather. Under the bulb was pretty lush green sides were toasty. Then i did an expierment and tightened the hoods and fried the middles too. I thought it was a deficiency at first but after going back to trees it's the hoods. This run was a complete loss! :(

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

You can see the middle row is lime green and cooked like bacon. Also the last row too the left in super soil. Just not as bad as the middle row. Wings are wide open now still on 750watt mode. Bulb dropped all the way down

ttystikk

ttystikk

The fact of the matter is that a-wings distribute light widely, but not necessarily evenly. Hence, my suggestion to turn every other fixture 90 degrees.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Is there a picture of this anywhere? So I can see how it's being done?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Run your hand under the a wing.....and you can easily tell how uneven the light distribution is on those things. I rocked em for a couple of years....and I like them as far as reflectors go. HUGE foot print.

I thought the manufacturers suggested layout was a joke.....then I tried it.

I usually kept mine about 3' over the plants as well...any closer and I had light bleach as well as foxtails.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Anyone in so cal want some adjusta wings I got 12 of them. 60 each or will trade for another reflector. Pm me

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Run your hand under the a wing.....and you can easily tell how uneven the light distribution is on those things. I rocked em for a couple of years....and I like them as far as reflectors go. HUGE foot print.

I thought the manufacturers suggested layout was a joke.....then I tried it.

I usually kept mine about 3' over the plants as well...any closer and I had light bleach as well as foxtails.

I did this tonight where I have the bleaching and stressed plants the light is very intense. Under the bulb it's almost dark.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Love this controller. You can dial your rooms into the points!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I did this tonight where I have the bleaching and stressed plants the light is very intense. Under the bulb it's almost dark.
Did you take a look at the layout from the website? I forgot to mention that when I finally decided to go with "THEIR" layout.....I hit my biggest harvest to date.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

How my room looked before I switched back to trees a few months ago. I copied jackmayoffers room to the T pretty much. But same thing adjusta wings cooked these poor plants. 16 lights here. On the 5 ton

View attachment 351756
IMHO.....5 ton is a tad to small for 16k. Also if you look at how jack is setup...he runs his lights a bit different than yours are setup. He runs em way high and lets the high spots cross over.....this is HIS PIC....NOT MINE
User109519 pic1055269 1366261954

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Adjusta wing wants you to run a light in a 7x7 that's terrible watts per sq ft. Yeah my tables had light bars. Which did not allow me to turn them sideways. i should of just mounted them to the ceiling. My hoods were maxed out to the ceiling. I spent a lot of time studying his rooms. His hoods are very high they have to be now that I have worked with these hoods.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

A 5 ton will do 15 lighs. Jack runs 15k per 5 ton as well. 16k will keep the room in the 79-80F but the AC gets beat to hell. Never gets a break when the lights turn on. Runs for 20 mins straight then takes a 2-3 min break before it has to cool again. 15k runs more smoothly.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

If you do each adjusta wing in a 7x7 space like they recommend you get 20.4 watts per sq ft. Jacks are stacked on top of each and the hoods are at the 3rd notch. I don't get how he's not having problems. They look about 3-1/2 feet above the tops. Maybe cause there sideways and not right on top of each other length wise.

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

I believe this is Dutchtouchs room... He has a checker board type pattern...he's also got them facing in on each other. Both him in jack seem to being using ushio bulbs. His hoods are also not back to back looks about 2 feet in between. I think checker board is the best case scenario on my room since it resembles dutchtouch.
His hoods are way up...it's gotta be because mine are back to back. Cause I got the same distance in between. Looks like he's following a 5x5 pattern

Latest posts

Top Bottom