Advance Nutrient's in UC

• Thread starter MEGA956
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MEGA956

MEGA956

//I've used A.N in my DWC, with good yield over-all. Never had any
problems with any of the A.N I used in my system.

//But I keep seeing that A.N doesn't work well in a UC, I was planning
to switch over to the UC, and I planned on using Sensi Grow A-B, and
Connoissuer A-B like I've been using in my DWC.

//Any info would help on why I should'nt use A.N in a UC....

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

its intensely watered down and over priced (1000% or more at times). Also most of its advertising claims are plain false. Its source ingredients are not on par with most other lines imo as well.

The old potassium silicate was barricade at around 56%, ryno skin is something like .4 %. Ryno skin is also more expensive then barricade...

I have an actual available ppm cost based analysis with AN posted some place. if you want to look for it (it was 10X more then all the other lines i looked at).

hope that helps.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//What do you use DS??

//I want to start a UC with 6 sites, and I also wanted
to kno' if running more than one strain in a system is ok.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

//What do you use DS??

//I want to start a UC with 6 sites, and I also wanted
to kno' if running more than one strain in a system is ok.

Just remember .Its hard to flush if you have 6 different plants finishing at different times. I am doing it for the first time 3 different strains in my 6 site I will know soon. Good luck ! All nutrients work well on the uc its not the tool its the worker. I would want something to blame if I failed in my uc.

C

crossouttheiis

Just remember .Its hard to flush if you have 6 different plants finishing at different times. I am doing it for the first time 3 different strains in my 6 site I will know soon. Good luck ! All nutrients work well on the uc its not the tool its the worker. I would want something to blame if I failed in my uc.

Bubble is right similar flowering times and you should be good.just look at some of jacks old threads. I wouldn't say it is the worker in this case...i don't want my shit swinging up to 2 points a day. That makes it way more work intensive and of course its managable but do you want to be adding that much ph up or down everyday....i don't think so

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I agree 100% BH..... Its just that almost everyone using a UC
seems to not like A.N I guess its true there prices are through the
roof, but they claim they use the BEST ingredients in the market,
I used A.N a year ago in my DWC. Im finding another home to grow,
theres alot of family members living close by so I decided to stop
till I find a better home, maybe in 2months, then I'll start growin'
again.

//I'm willing to try another product, but not just because its cheaper
than the rest but because it works better than what I already have
tried.

MEGA956

MEGA956

Bubble is right similar flowering times and you should be good.just look at some of jacks old threads. I wouldn't say it is the worker in this case...i don't want my shit swinging up to 2 points a day. That makes it way more work intensive and of course its managable but do you want to be adding that much ph up or down everyday....i don't think so

What your feeding schedule??

C

crossouttheiis

I have tried a lot of things. Right now I am using ionic grow along with acquainted and alittle cal mag.when it comes to flower I think il l switch back to canna it was the healthiest plants I have had. I have a journal in this section going check it out.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I will also be using tap water, Is there anything I should do differently
than if I were using RO water??

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

i ran ionic for 2 days beacuse of all the hype. its super watered down. not bad if you like to buy water.

Of everything im running right now h&G sterile and PBP live are killing it (UC, rockwol, coco).

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

so whats the standard dose for ionic in ml per gallon DS?
u ever used flora nova bloom?

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

i ran ionic for 2 days beacuse of all the hype. its super watered down. not bad if you like to buy water.

Of everything im running right now h&G sterile and PBP live are killing it (UC, rockwol, coco).

How do you know it was watered down?
Did you do some scientific tests ?
Thats why its cheap you have to use allot.
I think they make it that way to make it easy to mix the more concentrated it is the easier to burn your plants up.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I think they make it that way to make it easy to mix the more concentrated it is the easier to burn your plants up.

1 quart of ionic does 50 gallons or more if ppms are lower

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Isnt using a guardian to test ppm, ec, temp and pH scientific? was there a more in depth test you were looking for?

I put 1 gallon of ionic into 200 gal of water and was hovering around .9 ec. Its about half the str of cns17 and cns17 is about half the str of dyna. H&G and pbp are some place between cns and dyna...

the only advantage to weaker nutes is that the company selling them makes more money. if you do actual avaialble nutrient profiles your not going to burn anything, even with a 0-50-30 dry nute.

C

crossouttheiis

Were you running pbp gro at all? It was horrible when I used it. Ionic at 5 ml a gallon comes out for me at 600 to 700 ppm

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

no i dont use any grow nutes. all bloom.

which sounds misleading because imo all my profiles are "grow" profiles (bloom w heavy cal mag).

The idea that mmj has different nutritional needs (bloom/grow) is totally false from a Agricultural perspective.

dyna bloom we use for newly rooted plants (it has the highest p/k profile on the market)

C

crossouttheiis

which sounds misleading because imo all my profiles are "grow" profiles (bloom w heavy cal mag).

The idea that mmj has different nutritional needs (bloom/grow) is totally false from a Agricultural perspective.

dyna bloom we use for newly rooted plants (it has the highest p/k profile on the market)

I guess that is why hg only has the two part all the way through. Canna is awesome but that has differemt stuff for grow and bloom phases

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

dead steady pH isn't ideal either. it's good for the pH to drift from 5.4-6.0.

what do you mean p/k profile? reeferman has a 2:1 p/k ratio as well, and higher K/N ratio. botanicare ripe has an even higher K/N ratio. why do you stress high P? because it sounds like you argue FOR grow profiles i.e. low P.

to buffer pH, you want 10-15% (maximum) nitrogen as ammonium, high P (not a great buffer), and high calcium. floranova bloom is a good formula, if a little chunky. botanicare coco bloom should work - maybe with a little ammonium nitrate if it needs buffering. i make my own floranova grow with added calcium. my .02

Latest posts

Top Bottom