Advance Nutrient's in UC

• Thread starter MEGA956
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

there are other variables to look at besides nutrient profiles. ph stability and uptake in a system that runs high do levels. you could make a good argument for soil growers but i think the nutrient profile would be the last thing i looked at in selecting a nutrient for the under current. ph stability would be tops and how well that particualr nute preforms in a specific system. ionic nutes are ph stable and have a proven track record in the uc ... if people are spending a grand plus on a hydro system i don't think they are gonna be pinching pennies when it comes to nutes

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I kno DS that you say that A.N is watered down, but isnt that good
in UC so it wont burn the plants?

//What about the DM Gold line? I've heard its the best Nute's to run in
UC.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

//I kno DS that you say that A.N is watered down, but isnt that good
in UC so it wont burn the plants?

//What about the DM Gold line? I've heard its the best Nute's to run in
UC.

AN Sensi line sucks in UC bro. I tried them. Not sure why but they do. I have heard good and bad things about DM gold. I switched to ionic and had great results. AN bloom boosters work good in the uc. Big bud and overdrive. I have only had one run in the UC but it taught me a lot. There is a reason Current Culture is now giving bottles of ionic nutes with their systems.

MEGA956

MEGA956

AN Sensi line sucks in UC bro. I tried them. Not sure why but they do. I have heard good and bad things about DM gold. I switched to ionic and had great results. AN bloom boosters work good in the uc. Big bud and overdrive. I have only had one run in the UC but it taught me a lot. There is a reason Current Culture is now giving bottles of ionic nutes with their systems.

//True... So you would use Ionic as your base, and A.N Boosters?
I wonder why there bloom boosters are great, and there base Nute's
suck in UC. So RE is better than VJ, or are they not the same product
just different brand?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I've followed a LOT of the UC threads on here, because it's a system I eventually want to move to. From what I have gathered Daniel at CCh20 advises against AN in the UC. Not 100% sure why, but I think it has to do with ph swing. I have yet to see a journal on someone using AN in the UC and having this problem, seems everyone is scared to use AN in a UC.

I personally have never used anything but AN and feel like I have done well with it. Sure I could probably get the same results using something cheaper, but I have seen "OLDSCHOOL" guys switch from SVA to AN because of lost crops.

If you look at DD's nute schedule he used it in RDWC and rocked it, which confuses me because UC is just that, a RDWC. The only differences I see are the flow, negative pressure in the UC and positive pressure in DD's system. Not sure why this would make such a big difference in ph swing.

AN, people either LOVE it or HATE it. I just ordered Heavy 16 Bloom and I paid more for it than I pay for AN, but I am willing to try something from someone local to see what kind of results I get and to support my LOCAL economy.

At the end of the day, I for one don't mind spending more to make sure my girls are happy.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

My conclusion after round 1.

Veg Ionic Grow & Aquashield Cal/Mag if using RO water

Transition 1/2 Ionic Grow, 1/2 IOnic Bloom, Aquashield, Cal-Mag
Week 2-3 add big bud to up PPM

Week 4-6
Ionic Bloom Big Bud, Aquashield, Cal-Mag

Week 7-8
Ionic Bloom Overdrive, Aquashield

Start off with PPM of 250 and go up from there, This is my nute schedule based on my results from my first round.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I've followed a LOT of the UC threads on here, because it's a system I eventually want to move to. From what I have gathered Daniel at CCh20 advises against AN in the UC. Not 100% sure why, but I think it has to do with ph swing. I have yet to see a journal on someone using AN in the UC and having this problem, seems everyone is scared to use AN in a UC.

I personally have never used anything but AN and feel like I have done well with it. Sure I could probably get the same results using something cheaper, but I have seen "OLDSCHOOL" guys switch from SVA to AN because of lost crops.

If you look at DD's nute schedule he used it in RDWC and rocked it, which confuses me because UC is just that, a RDWC. The only differences I see are the flow, negative pressure in the UC and positive pressure in DD's system. Not sure why this would make such a big difference in ph swing.

AN, people either LOVE it or HATE it. I just ordered Heavy 16 Bloom and I paid more for it than I pay for AN, but I am willing to try something from someone local to see what kind of results I get and to support my LOCAL economy.

At the end of the day, I for one don't mind spending more to make sure my girls are happy.

I used AN in the UC and didn't have good results at all. PH didn't swing to bad but the plants just simply didn't uptake it. I love AN Sensi base line in soil thats why I wanted to try them in the UC. When I switched to ionic my plants instantly started to uptake like 30 ppm per day like they were starved. In the matter of 3 days my plants looked so much better and my only change was base nutes.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I'll be using Tap water:( How much difference does this
make?? Well I still have A.N Sensi Grow and Connosieur from
my last run, So I''l probably finish those 1st before I buy any-
more.

//I'm jus' gathering ALL the info I can get before starting my
UC in a month or two. And like I said I'm willing to try other
Nute's but not only cuz there cheaper than A.N but because
they work better.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Somepople just won't learn unless they try it for themselves. I was one of them and wished I would have listened to the people telling me not to use AN. I lost a month of my grow fucking with the AN sensi line in the UC. Best of luck

MEGA956

MEGA956

Somepople just won't learn unless they try it for themselves. I was one of them and wished I would have listened to the people telling me not to use AN. I lost a month of my grow fucking with the AN sensi line in the UC. Best of luck

//How many bottles of Ionic do you go through in One grow?
I've heard its also watered down. I think I'll try the DM Gold line,
with RE and some A.N bloom boosters. I've also seen many UC
threads and most speak wonders of DM G.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I used about 1/2 gallon of grow and 1 gallon of bloom. I think Budgoggles was using DM gold but switched because he didn't like it. Thats what steered me clear of it. Ionic is less concentrated but also less expesnsive I think either way you will have better success then AN base nutes.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

dead steady pH isn't ideal either. it's good for the pH to drift from 5.4-6.0.

what do you mean p/k profile? reeferman has a 2:1 p/k ratio as well, and higher K/N ratio. botanicare ripe has an even higher K/N ratio. why do you stress high P? because it sounds like you argue FOR grow profiles i.e. low P.

to buffer pH, you want 10-15% (maximum) nitrogen as ammonium, high P (not a great buffer), and high calcium. floranova bloom is a good formula, if a little chunky. botanicare coco bloom should work - maybe with a little ammonium nitrate if it needs buffering. i make my own floranova grow with added calcium. my .02

im not sure why you quoted me as i didnt say most of what your addressing... my pH swings from 5.2-6.3. ALso i never stress high P i said high P is why we use dyna for rooted clones.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

As for pH stability... there are 2 main reasons why this is your worst friend in a hydro system.

1) many of the 17 elements up-taken by plants are up-taken at different pH's. Stability necessarily locks out. (see chart below)

2) As plants uptake ions from the water they release hydroxyl ions back into the solution. A steady pH rise indicates solution uptake. (in our UCs the swing from 5.2-6.3 takes 2-3 days and correlates with a .6-.8 EC reduction.

11083phnutrcombo2
MEGA956

MEGA956

//What should I do differently, because im using tap water?

//Good Info DS.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

lots of tap water is awesome for hydro. lots of it is terrrible. get an actual ppm analysis from your water company. thats the best place to start.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Anyone tried A.N Iguana Juice? I'ts a two part formula, but the only
difference is that one formula is for veg only and obviously the other
formula is for the bloom phase only.

//I saw somewhere else that it works great in a RDWC, I believe UC
is the same concept. IMO........ Please correct me if I'm wrong.

//I'll probably try it out in my first run in a UC. I really dont have
anything to lose, it does come with a money-back guarantee. So if
it doesnt work I'll just try something else. There advertisment works
it really makes you want to buy ALL their products. And like I said,
it comes with a guarantee. So why not.

B

Bud Head

Do they pay your power bill also? I guess electricity is cheap in Texas. Good luck, and keep us posted.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

To each there own

//Anyone tried A.N Iguana Juice? I'ts a two part formula, but the only
difference is that one formula is for veg only and obviously the other
formula is for the bloom phase only.

//I saw somewhere else that it works great in a RDWC, I believe UC
is the same concept. IMO........ Please correct me if I'm wrong.

//I'll probably try it out in my first run in a UC. I really dont have
anything to lose, it does come with a money-back guarantee. So if
it doesnt work I'll just try something else. There advertisment works
it really makes you want to buy ALL their products. And like I said,
it comes with a guarantee. So why not.

You should really consider sticking with the nutes recommended by current UC users and more specifically by the folks that make the system.

It's your call.....but organic AN in a system that isn't recommended for organics or AN?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

big mike doesnt give your money back. everything else on the bottle is a lie, why would that be true?

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Reminds me of that bit in Tommy Boy, lol.

Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Yeah, makes a man feel good.

'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

What's your point?

The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Top Bottom