advanced nutrients (first grow help!!!)

• Thread starter lucanidas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lucanidas

hi'a all!!

This is my first grow, im planning on growing a few trees in 9 gallon soil pots and im going to use advanced nutes.
I need to know how many gallons of nutrient solution should i feed one plant of this size??. I've seen this question asked a lot but never answered clearly.

need your help boys n girls,

don't want to burn the shit out of my babies!!

P

paulycali

:giggle Nice place to post this thread :giggle

Hopefully someone will redirect this thread for you so you can get some proper info

L

lucanidas

haha my first post , you never know where to put it first time!

P

paulycali

No worries man! Just playing. Have fun and good luck with your grow

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

you can go to advancednutrients.com and look at their nutrient calculator and that should help if your in Canada they have they ph perfect stuff sadly the rest of us will have to adjust manually. you can call their tech line too they are straight up.

N

NikkaRoze

I would use about 2 gallons in the 9 gallon pots. I use Botanicare tho, I think it would be about the same, just make sure to let them drain good

O

organicfreak

ADVANCE NUTRIENTS AND THE REST OF THEM MAKING BIG $$$$$$$$ OFF OF NEWBIES F.Y.I..

look @ the fatman diy recippes there a huge thread here @ the farm...

They take penny's worth of salt and water,and put awsome looking pics on there bottles and then make CRAZY CLAIMS of how great there products are... OH AND THE NAMES big bud,bud blood,budcandy...
ALL FANCY ADVERTISMENT...
oh and they have people all around the forums who would tell you I'm full of shit.... But why do you need so many additive's? why cant they make a complete formula???
I know so newbie's can by 1 bottle of this and 1 bottle of that and when they get good result THEY KEEP COMMIN BACK...

However all you need is several 50lb bags of certain salts... calcium nitrate,magnesium nitrate map,mkp,etc... and you have a life time of food...Lol unless your big time,but even then will last you yrs....

See your local farmer/ greenhouse make there own all the time...
BUT NO ADVANCE NUTRIENTS HAS THE SECRET RECIPE TO GROW POT....
DON'T BE FOOLISH make your own and put that extra $ in your pockets NOT THERE'S imho....

heres what I use:
canna coco a,B homemade
carefree enzymes(100$ buys you a lifetime)
silica blast homemade
calmag+ homemade
mycomadness homemade
carboload homemade
m.o.a.b homemade
hammerhead homemade
gravity store (bought close to getting a recipe)
snowstorm store bought

best luck 2 you

o

I

indoorherbs

BILLY MAYS HERE!!!

*cough* Sorry 'bout that... capslock got stuck. Too bad I caught it or everything I typed would automatically be the truth - you know how it goes, bigger, bolder type = 100% God's own truth.

Anyway.

Using AN in soil is pretty simple. I prefer hydroponics but to each their own, right? Start out with a super-light application rate, like 1/4th to maybe 1/3rd what they recommend on the bottle. Alternate one feeding with nutes to one with just plain water. Only feed or water when the soil is nearly dry. Get in the habit of lifting each pot when you check, then stick your finger down into the dirt. When it's dry a little more than an inch down, water. You'll learn the weight of the pot before long and you can just go by that. When they get light, you water, and you're not always poking your fingers in them (but I still do that from time to time with my tomatoes outside because it's still the best way to know.)

Molasses: You're in dirt so molasses is fine. Never ever use it in hydroponics... it's a huge mess.

The guys who tell you that you're an idiot for buying something: ignore them. You can build your own car if you want to spend the time and effort doing it. Most of us don't. I do most of my own auto repairs, but I still take it to the mechanic for stuff that's just too much of a hassle, too important to get right, or just not what I'm in the mood for.

Time is money. Money is time. Money is just time we carry around in our wallets. We get money doing things other people would rather give us money for than do themselves. We give money to people for things we'd rather give money for than do ourselves. That's all it is.

For my time, my money, I'd rather have a pro mechanic fix the brakes on my car because everyone makes mistakes, but the guy that does the job 10 times a day is less likely to make a mistake, and if he does he's responsible for the problem it causes rather than me. So I'd rather spend my money to have it done than spend my time to do it myself.

Same goes with my girls. I'll happily put the time in to pamper them and grow them as fat and dank as I can. But I bought my RO filter rather than building my own. I buy my nutes. I could probably build a ballast if I wanted to, but I don't want to.

Don't listen to anyone telling you how to spend your money, or your time. You've got a limited amount of both in your life and it's totally up to you to judge what is and isn't a good way to spend it. We don't take any of either of them with us when we go.

true grit

true grit

Dont understand what you are asking here? Mix up your nutes and water about 10-15% pot volume.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Dont understand what you are asking here? Mix up your nutes and water about 10-15% pot volume.

I think he is trying to ask what strength he should be using... If that's the question here's a general answer

Clones ~ 250ppm
Small plants under 2ft ~350-450ppm
Over 2-3ft ~500-800ppm
Over 4+ ~900-1000ppm
The above is assuming you have healthy bushy plants and those numbers are for veg.

Work up from there by 1ml of a+b per week from wherever your at when you start 12/12 up until week 5 then bring it back down to where you were at around week 3 for the remainder of the time till you flush and chop them... Those numbers are all round numbers btw you might need more or less. All ppm @.7

redman420

redman420

I have used advanted for years and it the best ,i would recommed iguana juice bloom and grow and bud candy,i use about half as much as they recommed and feed ever 3rd watering stuff work get

L

lucanidas

thanks lads great advice all round ,, true grit you have just answered my question tho , i should feed around 20 % the volume of the pot im using, ill go with that,

thanks man

I

indoorherbs

Actually he said 10-15%, not 20%.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking more = better.

You want all the soil in the pot moist, but not wet. However much liquid it takes to do that, use that much. But if you've got a ten gallon pot don't just pour a gallon in it and think that's the right amount. Add slowly, a bit a time, and let the soil "drink" it up.

As soon as the soil stops absorbing water, stop giving it more. Good soil will let the excess run out the drain holes without holding too much liquid so overwatering is basically just wasting the extra.

Then let them dry out until just before they start to droop before watering again.

If you think of watering and feeding as a scale from 1 to 100 where 100 is the absolute most you can give the plant without burning it you need to remember that you'll get better growth at 90 or even 85 than you would at anything over 100.

G

greeniegal

yes but DO NOT ADD SUGAR IN BEGINNING STAGES, IT TRICKS THE PLANT TO THINK IT IS DONE I have used it with my compost tea I make. ;)

U

ubers

I use to use advanced nutrients, but once I learned about all their products, you can use other plant foods out there that cost way less and do the same thing and sometime even better then advanced nutrients. I try to stick to all organic foods/ fox farms soil and food and botanicare liquid karma in a 20 gallon trash can. Dont get me wrong advanced nutrients works well if you mix it right.

Micro
Bloom
Grow

I use to mix them in that order but aways keep you water moving or you will find that your nuties will bind up and wont work, you'll just end up giving your plant crapy water.

I cut the sugested amount in half. if you fallow the suggested amount your going to end up having alot of ppm/ph issues and end up over feeding the plants. I would only feed them every 2nd day ever day that they arnt getting fed I give them plain water and sometimes I have a drop of supper thrive in the water.

best of luck.

L

ledweed

lol ya'lls need to keep it simple ...

1) follow direction on the bottle ...
2) usually 4 ml per litre of micro,grow and bloom ... then add additives (again follow directions on bottle).

B

Buddy Hemphill

AN's nute calculator is cool.

It is different than the app rate on the bottles. Its incremental. The bottle app rates have burned me before.

Using Sensi A&B gives me great results using their nute calc with 707 (cut 30% w/chunkyP).

Alternate feedings with ACT.

I am in 16x4 planters.

Hold on to your seat!:banana1sv6:

BTW...The OP has prolly chopped this already, it kinda old.....lol...

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
advanced is the shit i run connie with additives and a few 3rd party things in 7gallon pots in pure coco. I have never used the base over 12 mls per gallon and i think 8mls per gallon is as high as you need to go i keep it simple stupid 2ml per liter of everything from advance and it works great for me. if you have any specific questions about what base you want to run or what additives you need or dnt need Advanced has the best base out there IMOP but some of their additives are crazy priced and other company's make just as good of the same product for half the price like rhino skin fuck that go with silica blast from botanicare. For real advanced is super simple to use once you figure out that their base is super concentrated and you dnt need much 1 gallon of connie a&b last's me 2 and a half runs almost 3 and that goes for all their products except for like bud candy witch a gallon last's me 2 grow or so.

Top Bottom