Advanced Nutrients & Og Kush

• Thread starter Budzy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budzy

Budzy

Hi,
Have been using the foxfarms soil trio until now, week 3 of flower, and pH has been giving me problems so decided to switch to the AN pH Perfect products.

With the foxfarms stuff i started small and slowly increased dosage, now am switching nutes and do not need to take the time to slowly advance dosage 3 weeks into flower.

Can someone who has actually used it on OG Kush and has a good idea of the most effective dosage without burning her let me know how much you used? here are the products i have or have on the way:
Sensi Bloom A&B
Big Bud
B-52
Overdrive
Bud Candy (which i decided not to use on a quality strain like this).

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Am also considering continuing the foxfarms products and just add the BB, B-52 & OD when the times come. After saying it out loud and typing all this, that may be the way to go after all.

Any thoughts?

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

Hi,
Have been using the foxfarms soil trio until now, week 3 of flower, and pH has been giving me problems so decided to switch to the AN pH Perfect products.

With the foxfarms stuff i started small and slowly increased dosage, now am switching nutes and do not need to take the time to slowly advance dosage 3 weeks into flower.

Can someone who has actually used it on OG Kush and has a good idea of the most effective dosage without burning her let me know how much you used? here are the products i have or have on the way:
Sensi Bloom A&B
Big Bud
B-52
Overdrive
Bud Candy (which i decided not to use on a quality strain like this).

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Am also considering continuing the foxfarms products and just add the BB, B-52 & OD when the times come. After saying it out loud and typing all this, that may be the way to go after all.

Any thoughts?

When I read the title I had a metal picture of what I would suggest and what you type was all of it... If I was soil(which I am,50%) I'd recommend a compost tea. Compost, molasis, some bacteria and some liquid seaweed. Brew 24/48 hour. I like to think it make her roots more comfortable because she is taking in alot of synthetics... But that's just me.☺

Theassbandit

Theassbandit

The roots exchange ions (ph+) in return for nutrients uptake. So I want my roots happy as can be...

Somone correct me if they have more knowledge.

Budzy

Budzy

yeah, more roots = more buds but i am way too lazy to do all that. I just wanna use water soluble ferts.

I was not thinking about her vegging sister so the og kush/AN nute tolerance question still applies for her. I will switch the base nutes on her.

Thanks again! Learnin' mo' eary day. :D

Budzy

Budzy

I put the question to the good folks at AN which in hindsight, i should have done in the first place. Thought I would share the info, this is what they said:

All of our products can be used in soil.

For optimal results when using our products in soil, you can feed every time the plants need watering, so long as there is sufficient runoff from the bottom of the pots on a regular basis. Our nutrients don’t tend to salt up like competing brands, which allows them to be fed all the time.

If you are using an amended soil with food already added. You will want to allow your plants to feed off of the soil amendments before feeding your BASE nutrient.

(this amount of time can vary depending on the soil manufacturer.)

For optimal results we recommend a soilless medium such as Sunshine Mix or Pro-Mix, which can be fed right away.

Our nutrient calculator can be adapted to use in soil, simply enter your mixing amount as “reservoir size” even though you may be feeding this amount several times a week.

For young clones and seedlings, start off at ¼ of the recommended base nutrient amounts and gradually work your way to full strength over 3-4 weeks as they increase in size.

Most phenos of OG Kush should be able to handle full strength, however follow our guidelines and watch the plants for tip burn while increasing nutrient strength.

Regards

Advanced Nutrients Grower Support Team

Killerog

Killerog

Hey great thread, I started my og on an in veg the 3 part and didn't have any issues, like they say use a quarter of what an say and u should be OK, I started flower 19th of Feb and ran out of an so switched to canna, but still using big bud, voodoo and b-52, I was going by the canna schedule and tried upping the nutes (a+b) and she didn't batter an eye lid!!!! But I spoke to the guy in the grow shop and he said never to go over the stated measurement but the og is a very strong plant!!! I took a cutting of the og and all I have had is problems!!! So I'm giving very light doses of canna a+b, I'll post some pics..... hope this helps in some way haha

20160326 175747
Killerog

Killerog

Hey great thread, I started my og on an in veg the 3 part and didn't have any issues, like they say use a quarter of what an say and u should be OK, I started flower 19th of Feb and ran out of an so switched to canna, but still using big bud, voodoo and b-52, I was going by the canna schedule and tried upping the nutes (a+b) and she didn't batter an eye lid!!!! But I spoke to the guy in the grow shop and he said never to go over the stated measurement but the og is a very strong plant!!! I took a cutting of the og and all I have had is problems!!! So I'm giving very light doses of canna a+b, I'll post some pics..... hope this helps in some way haha

20160326 175844
ken dog

ken dog

I will add that my OG Kush needed a little more Cal Mag then my other strains... I had to folliar feed once during my veg, and it really helped.
I used Raw... with Amina A.
Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur line for everything else.

Budzy

Budzy

Man, I wish my girl looked that healthy. What is this cal-mag you speak of? Have never used that. i started out with the foxfarms soil trio and now giving her sensi bloom a&b, b-52 and big bud. i ordered some bud factor x 'cause i like the sound of "intense resin production" but isn't here yet. and i have some flawless finish and bud candy which i decided not to use on a quality strain like this. i thought it was something to boost the natural terpines. not sure i want it to taste like cotton candy.

Killerog

Killerog

Well I'm trying to switch completely over to canna but it's hard to get away from other nutes..... just purchased budda tree pk9-18 and moonshine, pk 9-18 I highly recommend it's 0.5ml per litre!!! Moonshine is organic and help the plant uptake nutes, I know a friend of mine uses like 4 different bloom nutes that all do the same thing but he has great sucess but I can't get my head around it haha

Top Bottom