Advanced Nutrients Question

• Thread starter SecretJardinDS90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I beleive its a weed and treat it as such, rather than baby them like you would an orchid . Many people would hate on me for saying it but I dont do any of that shit... I let it grow. We ran 2 massive 120 spot cloners and pumped out as many babies as we could for a month and the most prettyful ones were used, big or small. Directly into 100 or 45 gallon planters.
They were put out in mid may and harvested in the first week of october.

This is all gotten way off topic... AN is good stuff and I have seen plenty of threads with people using it to a great degree of success. Its just not my style.

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

I see OP. I'm guessing it was the long vegging and flowering days with the 1 million gallon planters that had them grow that huge. Nice job btw bro!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey jardin, don't expect to get lbs. when growing indoors with 2 gallon pots, but you should get at least a couple oz. per plant. If your growing outdoors in huge 100 gallon pots like panda then you could expect to get over a lb. per plant.

M

Motherhugger

Hry all so I was thinking of getting the AN hobbyist bundle, any one used this in soil ? Is it good for veg and bloom ?

Thanks

Heck yeah. You can use the AN Bigger Yields Hobbyist Bundle in soil and for all grow phases. Just check out the calculator on the site.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

AN will work, but you can get Fox Farm, General Hydroponics/Organics, Roots Organic and other good nutrient lines that cost less and are just as effective if not better then AN. Do what you wish, but you can get GH Flora series for $40 on ebay, thats 3 qts. of grow, micro and bloom which will be good for multiple grows. There is no way your gonna get 3 qts. of AN products for $40 total and the GH will work just as good.

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

Alright, taht's true. I was just saying to feel on the safe side when I decide on purchasing AN products. you know. I'd go with fox farm products w/ soil, but better off with AN organic products for soil. seems more healthier and better growing organically than synthetically.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Alright, taht's true. I was just saying to feel on the safe side when I decide on purchasing AN products. you know. I'd go with fox farm products w/ soil, but better off with AN organic products for soil. seems more healthier and better growing organically than synthetically.

I'm not trying to start a debate or argument, but I just wanna let you know something about organics. It won't make your bud healthier or safer, as long as you use a good company with high quality synthetics like the ones I posted earlier there is nothing dangerous in there formulas. When the nutrients get into the soil the roots will absorb organics and synthetics as the same elemental nutrient, so organic NPK has to be broken down into synthetic forms so the roots can absorb them. Go ahead and buy AN if you want, but you can save alot of money by going with another company. All I'm trying to do is get people aware that a more expensive nutrient won't always be better so they can save hundreds of dollars a year without any decrease in yield or quality of bud.

If you do go with AN I suggest you go with another nute company like GH when you run out of AN products so you can compare the results and the only difference you will see is the extra money in your pocket, good luck on your grows.

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

I'm rolling with GH Flora atm, but with soil.... Maybe next grow will be with AN or organic GH.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh, so you got GH now, then you can compare it with AN to see if its worth paying extra for AN. I'm gonna get GH Flora for my hempy buckets soon, then I'll probably use Jacks when I run out of GH.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I agree totally with Lex, AN is nothing special. You can achieve the same quality from any of the other brand name nutrient companies. Fact is they will all work but for the sake of not cleaning out your wallet GH is the ticket. I personally run Cutting Edge. I've met their chemist and after side-by-side with GH it is less salty for sure. I re-use my soil so less salt is better.

On a side note - I have heard of AN nutes being inconsistant with their potency.

-GR33N

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I also heard from someone on this site that they got a qt. of AN (forgot which one) and it had chunky rock-like balls in it. So he got another one for free from his hydro shop guy and it had the same thing. Now its suppose to be a liquid nutrient so any solid in the bottle is not good. Thats very inconsistent and I never seen or heard anyone say AN respected there warrenty.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I also heard from someone on this site that they got a qt. of AN (forgot which one) and it had chunky rock-like balls in it. So he got another one for free from his hydro shop guy and it had the same thing. Now its suppose to be a liquid nutrient so any solid in the bottle is not good. Thats very inconsistent and I never seen or heard anyone say AN respected there warrenty.

I help run a hydro store - AN and House & Garden is a BITCH to deal with.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

Fuck yeah man, humboldt wholesale sucks, the an guys make everything hard, plus they're changing employees all the time, the whole ordering gear thing to is bs, fuck those 2 companies there are products that are just as good if not better and cheaper too, I'm all about nutrifield if you haven't used their stuff check em out, pharmaceutical grade salts, organic and synthetic blend, I really believe its the best base nutes on the market, pricing is very good, only has 5 additives only 3 of which are used in flower, the nf zyme kills roots excell, you'll notice the difference in the size of your plants, works to good sometimes can be to much for some strains, only nutes I've mixed to mfg chart that the ppm came out exactly what they said it would.

K

knowboddy

Yeah, I've heard those rumors about solids at the bottom of bottles. I've only ever seen it with cheap nutes though, never with Advanced Nutrients. Anyone remember Stealth nutrients? That crap was like a bottle of white sand and water.

People talk and talk about stuff but I don't put much stock in it til I see it myself or know someone I trust who has.

If you ask me the best explanation for the rumors of inconsistency come from the fact that most nutrient companies come up with a formula and then never look at it again. They just keep making the same thing the same way and never test it beyond making sure they're mixing it up the same way they always do. Advanced Nutrients always seems to be tinkering away like a bunch of mad scientists trying to make everything they sell better than it already is.

It seems like every 6-12 months they've got a new formula for something hitting the shelves and when they released the pH Perfect formulas they changed basically everything but their pH Up and Down. If you're not paying attention you can think they're accidentally mixing their nutes stronger or weaker than the last bottle you got when the truth is they're doing it deliberately trying to make it easier to grow better plants.

And yeah, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here but for good reason imho. I haven't had any trouble with any of their nutes and they've always done right by me when I needed to deal with them to get a question answered or something. I got no reason to assume anything bad about them so I'm not going to jump to that conclusion.

I

indoorherbs

I beleive its a weed and treat it as such, rather than baby them like you would an orchid . Many people would hate on me for saying it but I dont do any of that shit... I let it grow.

I wouldn't hate on you for saying it, but I would warn anyone else away from developing this mentality.

A weed is nothing more than a plant that grows where you don't want it to. If you actually treated it like a weed you would be trying to eradicate it. You're cultivating it. All you're doing is just not caring for it as well as you could. If you want to look at it as some kind of "tough love" philosophy that's fine, but it has nothing to do with the nickname "weed" cannabis picked up decades ago in an attempt by Big Brother to demonize it.

Just like every other plant on the planet, it grows better when tended by a conscientious farmer. It gives bigger yields, it gives more potent yields, and is in every way a better crop when given a better farmer.

I just want to caution anyone from developing the mindset that its a "weed" and as such will succeed whether you take good care of it or not. Don't let yourself fall into the trap of thinking there's nothing you can do to help it become the plant it is capable of growing into. It's a living thing. It, like us, can exercise the determination to survive in the face of adversity.

However, it - like us - can go much, MUCH farther when it gets a little help from its friends. If you give cannabis the very best opportunity to thrive, and you remove all of the things that can hold it back, the results are beyond astounding.

Top Bottom