Advanced Nutrients " what do your plants crave"

• Thread starter paulycali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nute

depends on how much you spent!! from what i read, it looks like you got i mostly covered. i use the great white, and enjoy it. i use the same type of nute's for grow, micro, and bloom. sometimes Ill add sweet towards the end, and maybe some sensi-bloom in the last month or so of flowering. i didnt get that much this harvest (got lazy) but the one before that I got 2lbs 14oz off ten plants with basically the same nute set-up you have. I grew grapefruit and g-13 by the way. hope that helps....

B

blahman

Have you ever used general Hydroponics 3 part? how does it compare to advanced?

I've used GH 3 part for years with alot of Advanced additives. I *Think* i'm currently getting a bit more yield by using Sensi. But its hard to tell because nutrients aren't the only thing i've changed in my room. The only thing I can definately say is GH is rock solid stable when it comes to PH in hydro.

Y

Ya...The Pizza

sounds like a good list, i liked gw when i used it! i might want to add a little bit of overdrive if I were to use that group right there.

P

paulycali

Thanks guys! So far so good i really like the new line and everythings looking super green. Just switched over from hydro and these plants are going off! Seems like there doing better in the soil then in hydro. The nutes seemed to make the yellow leaves from cloning turn green almost overnight. Starting my 2nd week of veg right now, keep you guys posted

subieslow

subieslow

id add something like neptunes seaweed and neptunes kelp, also maybe a calmag, and maybe get their bud candy too, dont want to skip that one.

P

paulycali

just picked up some general organics calmag today! ladies dont look like they need any, but i might add a 1/4 reccomended dose for the heck of it and stop using it right before i start flowering

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I have been testing out lots of AN additives last few months and have come to few personal conclusions- INMHO the AN nutes are less stable than other brands. Seems many of my AN products have weird floaty crap in it after few months. AN rep says no problem, is just amino acids or something and wont affect performance, but dont have this with other brands.

I still like Hammerhead for early flower, and i am going to give bud candy a try on some plants but most of the other AN stuff i wont be replacing. I really think the cannazyme is better than sensizyme from AN and hear good stuff about Hygrozyme too. Great white is better than piranna and tarantula, Mad Prof better than big bud. I think the best non nute boosts are canna boost and cannadian xpress head masta.

Orig i thought AN was full of crap, then i got sucked in and bought a ton of their stuff, and now i think they are basically full of crap again...

JB

E

entrails

Uh..... Flora Nova Bloom if using hydro in both veg and flower, forget all the additives.....why waste all of your money?

P

paulycali

Thanks JB! I was running fox farm nutes then i tried technaflora pura vida line and that shit sucked, expensive too not nearly as much as the advanced nutrients line. I liked the foxfarm but the advanced nutrients is just killing it and my plants are lovin it! The roots are ridonculous! LOL definetaly biggest and best looking roots systems i've grown and they havent even started flowering yet. Lovin it!

subieslow

subieslow

Thanks guys! So far so good i really like the new line and everythings looking super green. Just switched over from hydro and these plants are going off! Seems like there doing better in the soil then in hydro. The nutes seemed to make the yellow leaves from cloning turn green almost overnight. Starting my 2nd week of veg right now, keep you guys posted

I use a heavy feeding of CAMG every time I feed. It's very mild, and not only do the plants tend to stay really green with it, but there is also a good am. of molasses in there which is a great benefit in veg but also very much so in flower. I'd use it everytime, I think it's a key. Dont forget some mild seaweed/kelp, micronutes. Anyways I think you should use this product everytime, make sure you use budcandy starting in flowering too (by advanced also), and you'll be good on flavor. Use the bud candy heavily.

also tiger bloom by foxfarm sometime during first 6 weeks of budding is nice to throw a little in sometimes, even tho I use advanced as my main.

P

paulycali

thanks subieslow! is the bud candy organic? i dont want it to hurt my beneficials. i have some organic super hume seaweed from wai kula says bio tonic for plants whatever that means. havent used any yet, my buddy gave it to me a while back and i just put it in the refrigerater. should i be giving the plants that too? during vegging and flowering? thanks

M

mr english

i had a really low growth in my veg period and then i threw some voodoo juice and piranha and no joke within a 5 days to a week my plants had doubled and some even trebbled in size....loved it!!!

however when i used carboload it blocked all my feed lined and seriously fucked up my crop all my plants started 2 wilt and even though i brought them back it has not shown the early promise it once did and i was using most of the AN line,up untill the blockage they were looking healthy and big.i will definately try the range again but with a differnt system.

B

bicycle racer

there was no need to buy both piranha/tarantula and great white as they are 2 companies approach to the same thing so use up the great white then use the piranha/tarantula that way you dont waste your $ using both which is redundant other than that good luck!

P

paulycali

hey mr english! bicycle racer is right great white = pirhana and tarantula. no need to buy all the either use pirhana and tarantula or just use great white. all have same beneficials. the hydro store i go to doesnt carry the tarantula and pirhana and just carries great white. he doesnt want his customers to have to buy two products when they really only need the one since there all the same

M

mr english

hey mr english! bicycle racer is right great white = pirhana and tarantula. no need to buy all the either use pirhana and tarantula or just use great white. all have same beneficials. the hydro store i go to doesnt carry the tarantula and pirhana and just carries great white. he doesnt want his customers to have to buy two products when they really only need the one since there all the same

thanks for the info,but i don`t think i can get great white in the area in the uk where i`m from,but i will look out for it.

P

paulycali

its there! hopefully lets say. they usually keep it up front by the counter since its one of the smaller packages at a high price. so they keep it close in case of thieves. ask next time you go they will order it for you too

aeroman

aeroman

I looked all over and I see people saying that Great White is the same thing as Tarantula and Piranha but I can't find any real evidence to back that up. I'm not saying it isn't so, but I once read that one of the enzymes made by a nute company was a septic tank cleaner and I know that's not true.

I'm just trying to find out what's fact and what's opinion. All I could find was talk about how many of what classes of microbials each has, but not specifically what each one is. Like the Ecto-whatever... that's like saying you have a dog. There's a lot of different kinds of dogs and none of them are good at everything dogs do. How can we really be sure they're the same thing?

They definitely are very much alike, but I think the Tarantula + Piranha works just a little better. Maybe it's perception, maybe just wishful thinking. I still think there's some important differences between the two sides.

Top Bottom