Advanced Nutrients

• Thread starter maxed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maxed

Anyone using their new line with the auto ph-correction?

How is it working out for you?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

It didn't work out that well unless I used all of their products on the ph perfect list.

That list can get quite pricey. To say the least.

For what you would save on Humic/Fulvic ALONE...and using Growmore's Humic across a years time....you could buy a super nice ph meter. Which you need anyway.

Then you could use AN's base products and substitute different add-ons without fear of burning your plants from high/low ph.

EJ catalyst for down and Protekt for up/ The plant will eat this stuff up anyway.

Nothing wrong with adjusting ph. It gets your hands dirty so to speak, which is a better teacher, IMHO.

I

ibTheMan

Used the New Sensi and Connie and im pretty sure they suck, and i quit usen um.
Nothing beats regular Connie.

dankworth

dankworth

You can quote me on that.

My avatar is so awesome.
Look at it. It is so sweet!

You can almost smell the vinegar through the screen.

There is an avatar contest that I am winning.
Winning!

http://t2.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdW4XYYqj_1rTumS5GVu_B0vdb1ZXN4stleXHU66wO8NJh4pmO

G

GreenMommy

I'm getting my plants off AN. Too expensive, too many bottles, you can get the same thing in fewer bottles for better price from General Hydro. I'm in coco coir, BTW.

dankworth

dankworth

I really respect your choice of avatar.
I must figure out a way to make my avatar bounce like that.
Then I will be king!

vRikuu

vRikuu

Medical Marijuana Procurement

Used the New Sensi and Connie and im pretty sure they suck, and i quit usen um.
Nothing beats regular Connie.
You can not reinvent the wheel just to increase the sales for a Corp.
Old School Nutes work very well.:banana1sv6:

D

Danksmith

Is ph even an issue in soilless mixes? It seems like the soil would be a buffer. The reason I say this is cause I've never had ph problems in soil and I've never thought about it much.

Now cloning, and especially hydro this is definetly not the case. Soilless mixes however would need a huge ph swing in nutes to actually change the soils overall ph any significant amount. Imho. Has anyone else heard this?

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I'm not here to hate on AN, never used it, but, if you're concerned about keeping a very stable ph, go with dyna gro, they have a veg and bloom, and a silica, thats really all you need, I run ebb and flow, and change the ph never, sticks to 5.8 for 2 weeks, with no ph adjusted water(mine is 7.2 ph) in the past few cycles, I had to adjust once because i forgot to top off for 3 days, total human error.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Using soil and a sample pack from AN, seems like I won't run out for a while. Yes bottles are huge and yes there are a few bottles but the stuff works and quite well for me. My soil is pretty good so I use very little AN but you can't seem to overuse the AN.

M

Motherhugger

Anyone using their new line with the auto ph-correction?

How is it working out for you?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks. :)

The pH Perfect® technology works awesome for me.

I've been using this lineup with no troubles at all, and I even use less than the recommended dosages to ensure the bottles last as long as possible.

Sensi A&B Grow
Sensi A&B Bloom
Voodoo Juice
Big Bud
Overdrive
Piranha
Bud Candy
Final Phase

Don't criticize what you don't use, IMHO

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

I've seen AN base nutes work very well with just LOW doses of Big Bud and Bud Candy. This will not get your best possible yield. More of a taste thing. Using additives sparingly seems like the way to go.

W

willy led wonka

After using all the AN nutes heres what i have decided to use ----jungle juice the first 3-weeks, seems to provide alot more roots the Sensi A/B. Then connisseur the last 5 weeks. I also just started using the hammerhead and moab combo on weeks 6 and 7 and this really works better than the big bud/overdrive combo. I dont follow the directions on the bottles either. I get several crops out of my AN recipe also. I like the low doses of bud candy,carbo load, sensizym, and ive started adding compost tea also.

deacon1503

deacon1503

something is definitely up with AN. a few of my local hydro stores are dropping them...

putembk

putembk

I have used AN since I started 3 years ago. I know it's expensive but old habits die slowly. I always check my ph but rarely have to adjust when giving nutes. After mixing, ph is 5.8 and when, if, I check the runoff it is 6.2. I would like to switch to less expensive stuff but things are going well and I think my yield is better with AN. Or at least I have been told the yield makes up for the cost difference.

sky high

sky high

something is definitely up with AN. a few of my local hydro stores are dropping them...

Not a user....not a hater. Two things to say though....

AN users can find cheaper alternatives if they investigate Grotek products. Honestly...check it out. I'm not saying they are one and the same but the similarities in some products...and the difference in price...are noteable and easily seen if you take the time to compare.

And...from the Rumor Mill dept.....a well-connected/longtime friend in the industry told me just a few days ago that AN is having a serious tax issue with either the uS or Canada..or both. I know how "stories' are.... and there have been A LOT of stories over the years re AN (LOL)..... but in these trying times...I tend to believe that the 8 mil tax fig I was told that they are in arreaers with one/both of these Gov't's could very well be a real thing....

as always..time will tell if the story is true or not....

jus' sayin!!!

s h

deacon1503

deacon1503

just today heard a horror story regarding a customer and AN B-52. after years of use he started seeing hard chunks floating, and none of the previous bottles ever did. 7 total gallons of b-52 were purchased to eliminate all possibilities (different stores and container sizes), and AN told him to pound sand when he asked for an explanation and replacements.

putembk

putembk

just today heard a horror story regarding a customer and AN B-52. after years of use he started seeing hard chunks floating, and none of the previous bottles ever did. 7 total gallons of b-52 were purchased to eliminate all possibilities (different stores and container sizes), and AN told him to pound sand when he asked for an explanation and replacements.
Just got a new litter of b-52 Saturday and It looked fine. But after thinking about it the last batch of Connoisseur part B had chunks of stuff floating in it. I didn't notice any difference in the plants so I let it go.

J

jw214

I run the full grand master AN line, I think it is pricey but good with yield and quality. I've been running AN for a few years now, but interested in another regiment.. Soul Synthetics or Organic?? Anyone ever run the Soul Synthetics line?

Top Bottom