Advanced Nutrients

• Thread starter maxed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

Continues to amaze me that folks think that a valid argument is about rhetoric and not results they've seen.

I speak from experience, not from the hypothetical.

Go back to the debate team. LOL

post up some pics then.

I

indoorherbs

The pH perfect thing is just advertising, I've been using their products for years, and they have always been buffered to mix at ph 5.9ish, which is great if you are making a mix to feed into a soil like medium, but if you are using tap water in a recycling res, expect your pH to rise a bit after a few hours as many cities buffer the drinking water to pH 7+ish, so you'll still need pH down. AN pH down is shockingly more potent than the orange stuff, and even a tiny splatter will give you a chemical burn so wear gloves.

Have you even used the pH Perfect stuff?

Yes, most nutrients are buffered to hit a specific pH. That's not new, and that's not what pH Perfect does that's so cool. If you mix the pH Perfect nutes with RO water you hit right at 5.6-5.7 pH. Then the cool part is that IT STAYS THERE.

I've been growing with for awhile now. Do I own a pH meter? Sure. Do I use a pH meter? Yeah, some. Is there any reason for me to? No, not except my own paranoia. I have NEVER taken a reading on the pH Perfect nutes that wasn't exactly where it ought to be. I've seen it drift around a little, but it stays right around the mid-high 5's. I still have my ppm meter. I check the ppm of each batch after I mix it to make sure I didn't forget anything or mistakenly add something twice (did that once, and always double-check it now). I usually check ppm every few days to see how they're eating.

But so far I have never had to adjust a single damn thing while growing with their new pH Perfect nutes. All my checking with meters is just because I've got it so ingrained in my head I start getting edgy if I haven't checked it but since I never get a reading that is bad and thus never have to do anything it doesn't really matter if I check at all. I'd be doing just as well if I never checked anything, not counting frayed nerves.

I'm starting to relax and gain some confidence now... I went 4 days without checking before the last time.

Ya'll can scoff and look down your noses all you like because someone wants an easier way to grow but here's the thing: I'm not telling anyone they gotta grow the way I do. I like knowing that it's basically impossible to screw up these nutrients. It's one less thing that can go wrong and ruin the entire grow. If you're not happy unless you're personally tweaking every single possible thing with your grows, hey, more power to ya. Different strokes and all that.

But there's nothing wrong with the way I grow, either, and since I'm not attacking anyone for growing differently than me I don't think it's too much to ask that no one attack me because I look for different things in a nutrient than they do. There's enough growing to go around without getting all butthurt over who uses what style.

EDIT: don't act like posting pictures proves anything, either. All that proves is the ability to post pictures. Anyone can do that. Pictures don't prove anything. People are making pictures every day that are clearly fictional. Neil Patrick Harris on a unicorn... pictures don't mean squat, and they certainly don't prove someone can grow.

dankworth

dankworth

Well shit, since you put it that way, let me take out a loan and go buy up the whole ph perfect line.
http://t0.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTr0rxyk22MJF5KCxEZE7RFnrouInbxakEkGtTN-8_S1nm_i2zfdQ
Calculate elemental ppms dude.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

EDIT: don't act like posting pictures proves anything, either. All that proves is the ability to post pictures. Anyone can do that. Pictures don't prove anything. People are making pictures every day that are clearly fictional. Neil Patrick Harris on a unicorn... pictures don't mean squat, and they certainly don't prove someone can grow.

Bullshit.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

But there's nothing wrong with the way I grow, either, and since I'm not attacking anyone for growing differently than me I don't think it's too much to ask that no one attack me because I look for different things in a nutrient than they do. There's enough growing to go around without getting all butthurt over who uses what style.

Hi indoorshill, my question to you is have you even ever not posted as an AN shill? cause all your posts are BS AN shills. We need to leave these accounts alone and implement a dislike button for you and your posts. Then implement a ignore spammers/bullshitters button that would let us ignore these shills. You bring nothing to the community but lies and shameful sales tactics.
No one is attacking your "style" of growing, come think about it what style of growing do you do? cause it's probably the same as a lot of people your simply using a nutrient that is a rip off and not a good value is all. If you insist using AN is a style of growing, I'd have to name it the "get raped by AN" style. I don't know why you feel your being attacked when some one tries to tell you the truth? Why so personal? If there's a store selling great avocados for 5 per dollar, do you continue to go to your local grocery store for avocados of equal quality but charging you 1 for a dollar? do you get mad when someone tells you how to save money? unless you own/work for the avocado stand that is ripping people off for the same things... actually posting pictures proves lots of things(like insurance/AN claims, in this case they prove that you have a garden and are trying to grow w/ said "style" and just maybe give you a smidgen of credibility, as opposed to your -500 credibility atm), no one's asking you to forge fake unicorn pictures... I'd say if anyone is attacking your "style", it's more hating on your style of shilling.

Resinable

Resinable

Mississip, you are luck if you have the real deal old school sonoma boonana; blueberry x boonanna sounds intriguing also.

I used two 10 pound bags of their cal mag . . . seemed to work fine my plants were green and happy . . . but they were healthy before I got the cal mag and I did not use it for too long, as I switched for Aqua Flakes to Jack's Hydro. Also used the free samples of logic grow that came with the cal mag . . .also seemed to work well. I know there have been a lot of complaints about their products on another forum though.

Greenleaf seems to have a good idea but one thing I did not understand was why my savings, at least if I would have bought their Aqua Flakes knock off, were minimal (unless my math was wrong) compared to store bought liquid version. . . the cal mag was about 2.5 times cheaper than magical or botanicare though.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

I have the real deal Boonanna.....I got it from an old cat that couldn't tell me much.

My research led me to believe it was Bannana OG x Blueberry.

Honestly, I dont have a clue what the cross is. It is some of the most fruity pungent weed I have ever grown and the pain relieveing qualities are thru the roof.

PUHLEEZE....any info on the Boo would be GREATLY appreciated. It is sooooooo awesome...but the old cat up the hill dont say much.

Mississip Hip

Mississip Hip

@res.....@GL prices

I am using the B52 sub, SensiAB sub, and the cal mag. Also...the hammerhead version.

Its worth my while on just the B52....that shit is like 140 bucks/gal.

He always hooks up a deal for me. If you look on his site....he is always giving away something....scales I believe it was last time I checked. He just throws in extre nutes for me. He would do the same for you...just ask.

By the time I figure the original savings and then he like.....doubles my "grow" order.....or gives a free Hammerhead (nuff for a run!).....or double sizes my cal mag.

Resinable

Resinable

I have the real deal Boonanna.....I got it from an old cat that couldn't tell me much.

My research led me to believe it was Bannana OG x Blueberry.

Honestly, I dont have a clue what the cross is. It is some of the most fruity pungent weed I have ever grown and the pain relieveing qualities are thru the roof.

PUHLEEZE....any info on the Boo would be GREATLY appreciated. It is sooooooo awesome...but the old cat up the hill dont say much.

Fruity? Sounds like you do have the real thing; not totally sure about the lineage but I don't think it is Bannana OG x Blueberry; have a friend that knows the story I'll ask about it and let you know; definitely a tightly held strain for a long time . . . I think if they had not held it so close it would have gained wider popularity and recognition.

Top Bottom