Advanced...... to use or not to use?

• Thread starter TaimerPots
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Whenever I get some info I like to pass it along just in case it could help or even prevent some heartache for other growers.
During my last grow I had a lot of problems with slime,sludge, crystallization...... whatever you wanna call it my resivor looked like a diarrhea bucket by the end of the week.
One problem was user error, my water temp was too high so I set my circulation pump on a timer, less run time lowered the temps.
The part that pissed me off is that on advanced website they advertise carbo load as a secret ingredient to stop your plants from "stalling " during the flower cycle.
I also use bud candy and was just told by an advanced rep that the two should not be used together, it's a "one or the other" type of thing, the will over lap.?.
That pissed me off, why not say that on the labels of both carbo load and bud candy ? I guess the profits from the unknowing grower mean more than providing the proper info up front.
This as well as current events on their bud factor x has really displaced my love for the company.
I'll be making my own nutes and keeping my purchases to minimum from here on.

Anthem

Anthem

Whenever I get some info I like to pass it along just in case it could help or even prevent some heartache for other growers.
During my last grow I had a lot of problems with slime,sludge, crystallization...... whatever you wanna call it my resivor looked like a diarrhea bucket by the end of the week.
One problem was user error, my water temp was too high so I set my circulation pump on a timer, less run time lowered the temps.
The part that pissed me off is that on advanced website they advertise carbo load as a secret ingredient to stop your plants from "stalling " during the flower cycle.
I also use bud candy and was just told by an advanced rep that the two should not be used together, it's a "one or the other" type of thing, the will over lap.?.
That pissed me off, why not say that on the labels of both carbo load and bud candy ? I guess the profits from the unknowing grower mean more than providing the proper info up front.
This as well as current events on their bud factor x has really displaced my love for the company.
I'll be making my own nutes and keeping my purchases to minimum from here on.
Are you running benies in the rez?

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Way back 10-12 years ago I had the BC Bloombox and it came with advanced stuff. I was putting lord knows what in the dwc res and always felt there were multiple problems between the growbox and the nutes.

Now im literally only using maxigrow, maybe a tiny bit of cal/mag and tiny bit of southern ag fungicide for beneficial bacteria. Things look amazing, and im not really having any problems.

Ive kinda became disenchanted with all that marketing bull. Try something simple next grow, do a little research/take your time and report back with your results

TaimerPots

TaimerPots

Way back 10-12 years ago I had the BC Bloombox and it came with advanced stuff. I was putting lord knows what in the dwc res and always felt there were multiple problems between the growbox and the nutes.

Now im literally only using maxigrow, maybe a tiny bit of cal/mag and tiny bit of southern ag fungicide for beneficial bacteria. Things look amazing, and im not really having any problems.

Ive kinda became disenchanted with all that marketing bull. Try something simple next grow, do a little research/take your time and report back with your results
I've been doing some research and plan to make my own mix of concentrated liquid fertilizer. It's a 2 part mix that looks pretty easy and I'm still looking for a way to make my own boosters as well.
Has anyone tried RAW by npk?
Looks like they break it down but the price is still high

airedog

airedog

Supporter
What type of system are you running? If it's DWC or RDWC, in my opinion, you don't want to use any carbs, especially if you're using bennies. There are a few threads here that detail the importance of mixing your nutes in a specific order in order to avoid getting that sludge in your res and system. Start with silica and leave some rest time between that and add in base nutes next followed by supplements and finish off with CalMag. Aeration and bennies can cause some foaming at first but it will settle down.

Keeping your nutes under 70° will help keep root rot at bay in both sterile systems and ones that run with beneficials. Aqua Man has posted a root rot remedy based on beneficial bacteria that is effective.

Based on my own experiences with AN, i find that they tend to recommend far more base nutes than is necessary, but their products used properly can make getting good results much easier (i would hazard a guess that this holds true for most of the mainstream nutrient lines as well). While advertising copy can be confusing relying on the companie's nutrient calculators are probably the best way to find out what products work well together; i know that AN even breaks it down into progressively more complicated recipes based on a growers experience. Searching the threads here will allow you to find alternate recipes that mix and match products from multiple companies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom