Advice about covering smell during flowering indoor micro-grow (single plant).

• Thread starter ItsMosher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Hi! I haven't grown yet, but I'm in the planning phase of my first indoor legal grow and I need some advice on covering smell. Neighbor I share a wall of the grow room with has a small child and I don't want to cause any issues for them.

I've got a spare Bionaire J-type filter from my air purifier (last place I lived had a small mold issue), and was thinking since the inside of the cylinder is a carbon filter would it work to get some ducting and run my outtake fan through that to help eliminate/completely eliminate the smell? I'm on a very tight budget and don't currently have the funds for a dedicated exhaust system.

Thanks in advance for any help!

K

Kamisama

Sure that should help but u ll need a fan strenght based on size of tent. For example I ve 6inch inline fan for 5x5.
Check those kits marshydro or spiderfarmer has and decide based on that.

Weed doesnt smell bad actually :D

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

Sure that should help but u ll need a fan strenght based on size of tent. For example I ve 6inch inline fan for 5x5.
Check those kits marshydro or spiderfarmer has and decide based on that.

Weed doesnt smell bad actually :D
it's a 6" diameter I think so I planned to use about that, single plant grow in a 2x4x6 tent.

I personally LOVE the smell, neighbors might not be so fond of it though :) I'll look into those two kits for sure to get some more info, thanks!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I use a Winix air purifier in my lung room, which is probably similar to what you have. It seems to work well. It also removes particulates from the air, which is healthy for the humans in the house. There are, of course, in-line filters for exhaust fans, but they can be pricey.

ItsMosher

ItsMosher

I use a Winix air purifier in my lung room, which is probably similar to what you have. It seems to work well. It also removes particulates from the air, which is healthy for the humans in the house. There are, of course, in-line filters for exhaust fans, but they can be pricey.
Yeah we’ve got a bionaire it’s pretty hefty, might see if I can toss that in the room to help as much as possible.

You find that helps the smell issue pretty well?

Top Bottom