Advice finishing my first grow

• Thread starter Greysbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greysbuds

Greysbuds

Very first grow has gone pretty smoothly. I have learned so much through this process thanks to so many on here for helping me stay the course. As far as I can tell she looks really healthy and right on track for week 4 of flower. I am starting to see some things that kind of concern me and I’m hoping you guys just tell me I’m being a helicopter plant dad.

Some grow details- Organic Soil Grow
Medium: fox farm ocean Forrest
Pot size: 1gal to 3gal final 7gal fabric pot
Feed: Dr. Earth dry amendment- at this stage I feed with tea every two weeks and mulch the solids into the top of the soil- in between I water when light and dry with 7.5ml/gal calmag+
Environmental: temp 80/71, rh 50-60%, 1000w LED(102w from wall) ppfd reading 800-1000 off my iPhone app on 12/12

Early guesses on yield? Should I defoliate again this late in the game? Should I feed again week 6 or just run her out till finish? Is it normal at this point for the pistils to be dying off and turning orange?

long post I know just wanted to dump my concerns.

Advice finishing my first grow
Advice finishing my first grow 2
Advice finishing my first grow 3
Advice finishing my first grow 4
Advice finishing my first grow 5
Advice finishing my first grow 6
Advice finishing my first grow 7
Advice finishing my first grow 8

Advice finishing my first grow 9
GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

So 4 weeks down, 4 weeks to go. My grow is a week behind yours. You did a fine job de-foliating the lowers, not sure taking any more off the canopy would help. Can you lower your humidity just below 50%? That'll help guard against mold and mildew.

Greysbuds

Greysbuds

So 4 weeks down, 4 weeks to go. My grow is a week behind yours. You did a fine job de-foliating the lowers, not sure taking any more off the canopy would help. Can you lower your humidity just below 50%? That'll help guard against mold and mildew.
So I am in the process of dropping the average humidity. Down from 70% in late veg to 50-60. I’m trying to get it around 45% but here in Az I’m finding that below 50 I’m having a problem keeping it stable. It will drop to 20 and then swing to 60+. I’m guessing it’s the shitty controller on this Levoit humidifier. I will see if I can’t get it stable just below 50%

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Looking good, I wouldn't start flushing until a few weeks before you cut it down. I usually use molasses water first week then flawless finish second week then plain PH'd distilled water 3rd week of flush then 48 hours dark and cut'er as soon as she wakes up. Dry for four days or so and jar'em up. As far as yield, my first indoor plant yielded 150 grams dry. That's with a good set-up(2.9g per watt light)

Greysbuds

Greysbuds

who are the big soil growers on here. Can someone tag a few in here. I’m confused on how I should handle feeding from here to the end on an organic soil grow. I’ve worked so hard to get here. It would be a real shame if it tastes like shit lol.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would do the last tea week six and no top dress. Should let her fade a bit before chop.

Greysbuds

Greysbuds

Looks fantastic, man. Very happy and healthy. Great job.
Thanks Sparky! I can’t wait to see what the next few weeks bring. Buds are smaller than I thought they would be but they are rock hard. I am hoping weeks 5-7 are when they really start to fatten up.

Zunk99

Zunk99

who are the big soil growers on here. Can someone tag a few in here. I’m confused on how I should handle feeding from here to the end on an organic soil grow. I’ve worked so hard to get here. It would be a real shame if it tastes like shit lol.
If you’re going all organic flushing isn’t as big of a deal but the norm I’ve seen was 2 weeks out with some people still feeding sugar until harvest. I did way less trimming on my plants this time around including under the canopy and it’s done nothing but wonders. My plants are bigger and better looking than my last grow which everyone told me cut everything under the canopy. It’s kind of do your thing and see what works and ask for help along the way. These are on day 39 of flower. Only issue I’ve really had was the plant closest to the air intake get a little cold.

F9637B3C F385 4EE0 B87D 7399C5B5795A
Greysbuds

Greysbuds

@Zunk99 those are beautiful. I want my buds to look that fat. Thanks for the reply.

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

I‘m also using FFOF and top dressing with Dr Earth. From my experience the plants are still feeding heavy at that stage and will need more tea/dressing. I was dressing about 1 tbsp per gal of soil every week and that was about perfect. If I didn’t feed every week the lower leaves would start to lighten a little. I‘m at 7-1/2 weeks of flower now and my last feeding was at week 6, which looks like it will hold them till the chop. You can check out my thread for results. Your plants look great!

Greysbuds

Greysbuds

I‘m also using FFOF and top dressing with Dr Earth. From my experience the plants are still feeding heavy at that stage and will need more tea/dressing. I was dressing about 1 tbsp per gal of soil every week and that was about perfect. If I didn’t feed every week the lower leaves would start to lighten a little. I‘m at 7-1/2 weeks of flower now and my last feeding was at week 6, which looks like it will hold them till the chop. You can check out my thread for results. Your plants look great!
Did you strictly top dress or were you using tea as well?

Greysbuds

Greysbuds

Definitely buy a stronger light. Makes a huge difference. Was some good deals during prime day.
Absolutely on the list for next grow. It fit the budget for the first setup but will be the first upgrade for grow number two that I will be starting in about a month. I think this one will be fine for starting the seeds but by week 3 or so of veg I want to have something with higher wattage. I have been looking hard at the electric sky 180v3. Double the wattage from the wall as this atreum hydra I’m running now. For the price tho I’m extremely impressed with this quantum board.

Latest posts

Top Bottom