Advice for newbie on vaporizer OR much better bong

• Thread starter bibsoconner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bibsoconner

I've been smoking for a while. I use a bong, sometimes joints, and occasionally I make edibles. Lately I've been feeling that the smoke is affecting my lungs. Believe it or not, I actually run and play tennis (not well, but I try :)). I was thinking of a few options...:
1) A vaporizer
2) A better bong
3) Some combination. A new bong and a vaporizer.

I'm completely new to vaporizers. I've never tried one and don't understand them. Will I get just as high? Will it be better for my lungs? They seem incredibly expensive but I guess I'm willing to plunk down $200 if I'm convinced it will last and it will really help.
Another way to go (or in addition to), I'm not opposed to buying a better bong. I've attached a picture of mine. It's about $14.00 so practically anything anyone recommends would be better! Any recommendations from online places? My complaint about this one is I get a massive hit and it doesn't seem well filtered through the water. I know some force the smoke through coils of water. Believe it or not, I just cleaned this bong. It gets filthy fast! I'd be looking for a bong that gives a less harsh hit and is not impossible to clean.

Thanks!

Advice for newbie on vaporizer or much better bong
BB22

BB22

I like a bong. I bought this one about a year ago. Thick glass. Hits great. Less than $45. The down stem on mine broke at the slotted end, had to order another.

I also ordered a silicone, small cube ice tray. Smooth ✌️😀

B

bibsoconner

I like a bong. I bought this one about a year ago. Thick glass. Hits great. Less than $45. The down stem on mine broke at the slotted end, had to order another.

I also ordered a silicone, small cube ice tray. Smooth ✌️😀

Wow! That looks very much like mine!

radagast

radagast

There's a subreddit called r/Vaporents that created a list that is now updated on BeyondContent's Github:
There are a lot of vaporizers to choose from and not all of them are good. This list won't have every single one but should give you a good idea of what's available and in what price range. Any links for specific vaporizers are not to promote any certain site and should lead to either the best price or an acceptable community appreciated vendor.

If i was to spend money on it today, i'd go with Mighty+.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Will I get just as high?
Yes, and maybe even higher. What I like is the ability to control it. Sometimes I want just a little and sometimes I want a lot. It's easy with a vaporizer.

Will it be better for my lungs?
I think so. I know my lungs feel a lot better and I cough less. My wife was coughing a lot before she switched to vaping.

I've only smoked once since I started dry herb vaping. It's just so much better. We like a fine grind and use an electric grinder to make it. The finer the grind, the longer lasting an oven load will be. The clouds can be bigger, too.

I recommend the Pax Plus vaporizer. It's a bit pricey, but it's a wonderful machine. We also have a Pax 3 and a Mighty+ vaporizers. We call the Mighty+ "the hand grenade" because it reminds us of something we might have seen in an old war movie. It's a good vaporizer, too. It's just cumbersome. It's easy to control the temperature, which is nice.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Here's a side-by-side picture comparing the size of a Mighty+ to a Pax Plus. The Pax is 4-inches and can easily be carried in a hand or a pocket. Both have the same size oven, and the battery life isn't much different. So, if you want something to carry in your pocket, get the Pax.

radagast

radagast

Will I get just as high?
Different temperatures activates different cannabinoids and terpenes, therefore it all depends on which temperature you're smoking. Some users start low and keep progressing until satisfied, others start at a higher temperature from the start. Usually, higher temperatures gives more a body high and lower temperatures gives you a mental high.

When compared to smoking, yes, but when smoking keep in mind that not only the lungs are affected, but your lips, teeth, throat and everything the smoke touches. If you are looking for a safer way of getting high, edibles might be better and safer.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
I usually get my gear online at smoke cartel. They always got deals

crossfader

crossfader

I use the Arizer V-Tower desktop vape. Very affordable, no complaints using it & it gets me high AF.
I will bust out the bong from time to time. It's got a percolator plus I use a perculator downstem for a cool smoke.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
My daily driver is a 2 footer with a matrix perc, I have an ash catcher. For dabs puffco I have a ryan recycler custom glass and the other add ons for the OG puffco peak. I have stuck with them both for 2 years now.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Will I get just as high?
Different temperatures activates different cannabinoids and terpenes, therefore it all depends on which temperature you're smoking. Some users start low and keep progressing until satisfied, others start at a higher temperature from the start. Usually, higher temperatures gives more a body high and lower temperatures gives you a mental high.

When compared to smoking, yes, but when smoking keep in mind that not only the lungs are affected, but your lips, teeth, throat and everything the smoke touches. If you are looking for a safer way of getting high, edibles might be better and safer.
I started low. I've settled on 380 most of the time for my cured bud. I sometimes bump it up to 395 or thereabouts to sample bud while its humidity is still high while it's drying or curing. A vaporizer with a visual temperature setting is better for that. I've also set the temperature higher to get a bit more vapor out of an oven load that's just about but not quite done.

Egzoset

Egzoset

...willing to plunk down $200 if I'm convinced it will last and it will really help.

I'm a canadian so for me it was 350 $ Cdn, twelve years ago...

The "fun" lasted ~6 months, the machine 25 months then it started collecting dust ever since.

Health Canada certified the Volcano i think, but they're morons because when looking closer at it the conclusion i came to was that bags are socio-toxic in terms of ritual, practically promoting systemic dose abuse (take note i didn't take a short cut and write overdose as we all know it's not applicable to cannabis). In any case it's quite evident to me the market is flooded with people 1st attracted by the pricetag and their trigger point is around 250+ $ or so, which means it's primarily about margins, not you, the consumer. In fact, please show me one concept that directly addresses the required function instead of initiating yet another vaporizer project from off-the-shelf components solving the manufacturer's own challenge but not necessarily yours.

Did i loose my money? Not completely as the brand/model i chose had a lot of versatility built-in. YMMV!

Nonetheless have you noticed how purists are selective over items as aluminium, nickel and synthetics for the models they love to hate and awfully forgiving for those they recommend?... Just pay attention and you'll see those guys are easy to find, like some guy vomiting his hate of silicone and won't acknowledge specifications vs operating conditions - for example silicone in a bong cavity where expansion alone cools the cannabis stream before its heat represents a real threat. Yet plastic in bags facing a similar fate are fine (double standards, etc.)!

In short it depends on who's doing the talk and how poor/rich? IMHO inflated cost often reflects little else than mercantile strategies rendered complex to solve and implement via lame trade-offs. Simply have a closer look at the cigarette/"joint" format and ask yourself what's to keep vs what's to dump, a red-hot aerial tip vs chronic self-poisoning by combustion of vegetal substrate, wood fiber (paper) and glue. Nothing is truly free.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

Hawk518

Hawk518

Thank you for this thread! I'm fairly new to smoking (about a year) and have tried vape pens, bongs and pipes. I had NO IDEA that there was a vape product for dry herbs! Wish I'd known this before buying my pipe.

Looks like these devices are pretty expensive, so I'll have to do some research. Does anybody have a brand they love? I've seen Pax and Arizer mentioned above.

Thanks!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Looks like these devices are pretty expensive, so I'll have to do some research. Does anybody have a brand they love? I've seen Pax and Arizer mentioned above.
After we tried dry herb vaporizers, we haven't smoked again. Not even once. My lungs feel so much better!

We like Pax vaporizers, specifically the Pax Plus. We also have a Mighty+ and like it, too. The Pax can also do concentrates, but I haven't tried it. I like to vape my home grown.

For xmas, I gave my wife an engraved Pax Plus. It has her name on it and an image of a cat. She absolutely loved it. They can be ordered with engraving from their website. It makes a great gift for someone special.

Engraved or not, they aren't cheap. https://www.planetofthevapes.com/ has a store brand vaporizer that doesn't cost much and looks like a good one for giving vaping a try without robbing a bank.

Always look for sales.

Bilber

Bilber

Top half stays in the freeze. It’s filled with glycerin oil. Super smooth clean hits.
Technology has come along ways....

I used to put ice cubes in my bong.....

Neat little gadget you have......

Hawk518

Hawk518

Technology has come along ways....

I used to put ice cubes in my bong.....

Neat little gadget you have......
Exactly the same - way way back, it was ice cubes and binaca spray for the bong. Don't think the binaca really did anything, but the ice helped!

Hawk518

Hawk518

Engraved or not, they aren't cheap. https://www.planetofthevapes.com/ has a store brand vaporizer that doesn't cost much and looks like a good one for giving vaping a try without robbing a bank.

Always look for sales.
Thanks so much for the info! Will definitely check out planet of the vapes (what a great name!). Hadn't even thought of a store brand! That might be the perfect way to start!

Still can't believe that I'd never heard of this before. I thought vapes were only for concentrates!

Hawk518

Hawk518

https://www.planetofthevapes.com/ has a store brand vaporizer that doesn't cost much and looks like a good one for giving vaping a try without robbing a bank.
After reading / watching a ton of reviews, I think I'm sold on either The One or Lobo by Planet of the Vapes. Think that the One will be more than enough, but Lobo would be amazing. Hoping they have a Sale in the near future!! Or are their discount codes available?

Thanks again!

Top Bottom