Advice on basic indoor growing needs

• Thread starter ebp12100
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ebp12100

ebp12100

Hi All. I'm about to embark on my first indoor setup and grow but am unclear as to what all I need. I guess Im looking for any recommendations on tent and lights more than anything, but any additional accessories and how to vent outdoors during winter would also be welcome. At most, I have room for either a 2x4 or 3x3 tent. I'd like to be able to grow 4 plants at a time in 3 to 5 gallon pots.

Thanks for any help on this topic :-)

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

venting is very simple.

the vacuumed air should be plugged into the chimney stack๐Ÿ˜€

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi All. I'm about to embark on my first indoor setup and grow but am unclear as to what all I need. I guess Im looking for any recommendations on tent and lights more than anything, but any additional accessories and how to vent outdoors during winter would also be welcome. At most, I have room for either a 2x4 or 3x3 tent. I'd like to be able to grow 4 plants at a time in 3 to 5 gallon pots.

Thanks for any help on this topic :-)
What is you total budget?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
venting is very simple.

the vacuumed air should be plugged into the chimney stack๐Ÿ˜€
Be VERY careful if you do this with an active chimney. If hooked up to a furnace, it can cause CO and fumes to back up into the house. If it is an unused chimney, it should be OK.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Short list...;

-Tent
-4" inline exhaust fan and charcoal filter
-small oscillating fan for inside the tent
-quality LED, CMH or HPS light
-instrumentation, tds and ph pens with calibrating solution and storage solution.
-IPM strategy, yellow sticky cards, blue sticky cards, preventative treatments such as neem oil (I assume by the plant count you're in Canada which limits what you can buy for pesticides)
-Id also recommend something like an inkbird itc-308 temp controller to be hooked up to the exhaust fan, or possibly a speed controller.
-Might require a humidifier and dehumidifier if you want to play with VPD.

Top Bottom