Advice on CalMag and OG Kush.

• Thread starter songbird420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

songbird420

Greetings Swerve and fellow farmers. I currently has Raskel's OG and Tahoe OG in veg. They're gettin pretty robust rite now and seem to have hit their stride from a growth standpoint, over a foot n a half tall. Rite now they're consuming 3.5ml per gallon of CalMag. My concern is that I've seen quite a few runs of OG from a number of individuals on this site and the #1 issue seems to be not feeding enough Calmag. I was wondering if there is a lowest denominator for its use in flowering, and how to safely raise the increments of its use. I've seen a broad array of applications with OG from growers here, everything from a plant being so hungry for it that 10ml per gallon hds to be used, to others OG's having a medium green from not applying enough. If Swerve or any of u knowledgeable folks can hit me with some newbie advice that'd be really appreciated.

P.S. Swerve ur gear is bossin up on everything in my room, great work bro.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I think it depends alot on if you are using RO water or tap. I use 5 ml per gallon of calmag the first 4 weeks (flower) and then cut back to 3 ml after that. I use RO water. I am currently flowering the Raskal OG and have pics here in the thread here. Depends on what your other nutes contain also. RB

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey bro, I use 5-10 ml/gal on all their gear. The og's and chems just feed nasty style so you won't hurt them. Read the plants and they will tell you all that ya need to know. What nutes are ya using?

S

songbird420

Hey guys, i'm using pbp line of nutes with Calmag, lk, hydroplex and will try to incorporate AN's big bud and Greenfuse's bloom stim. sparingly. Thanks so much for the info guys. When i started the thread i wus hoping u 2 specifically would chime in for me. You did an amazing job with that strawb. bubba Tex, and ur ROG gives me inspiration for mine Rootbound.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Thanks for the Kind words SB420. I am running PBP,LK, Calmag, hydroplex and hygrozyme in coco. In one gallon of water "RO" I use -
calmag- 5ml
LK 5ml
hygrozyme- 5ml
Pbp bloom(soil)5-7 ml.
hydroplex(soil)- 2ml (weeks 4,5,6)

This gets me up to 500-600PPM (1.0-1.2EC). I never feed stronger than that in flower anymore.Ever Since I reduced my PPMs, I have knocked about 7 days off my flower times and added more wieght. RB

Venom818

Venom818

I think it depends on the plant size or maybe pheno type im flowering a raskal og right know and im giving it 15 ml of cal-mag plant looks perfect not one burt leaf.

R

Revolt!

All the OG's I've grown out were pretty heavy feeders for the most part. I usually load my mixes up with dolomite lime and let it give its cal/mag off through-out flower. I also use RO water.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Ive been running 5 mls per gallon's and Kush strains up tell the taper n flush. Seems to be fine, Im using R/O as well with Gh nutes M/B. Stopped the Hygrozyme and switched to Cannazme, Hygro scared me!! Smelt like fermented fruit!!

Yes it does have a smell to it(hygrozyme). Mine smells like stale Beer or ferminted. Love the stuff though. Thats one of the reasons I can run less nutes with better results. I think it is about making everything you are feeding them available for uptake to the plant. Saves alot of $$$ on nutes also. RB

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
yea rootb what is the benefits of hyrozyme..and all that good stuff about it..heard alot about it,but just by stores and people who don't really mean much or are jus trying to make money..

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

I use cal mag every other week or when the plants look like they need it. Like tex said basically your plant ask for what it needs.

S

Sway

yea, but by the time the plant "asks" for it, the problem is already there and your maximum potential for the plant went out the window.

O

oldtimer60

I agree with Sway, it takes time to recover from a mistake

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
yea, but by the time the plant "asks" for it, the problem is already there and your maximum potential for the plant went out the window.

Word on that Sway:passingjoint:

With them OG's songbird>>>I would up the cal mag @ 7ml per gallon. At least thats me as per my GH 3 part recipe.
For the longest time I ran Cal Mag at 5ml per gallon and always had a tinge of purple running up threw out some of the stems. A buddy advised me to up it to 7ml per gallon and the plants are even thriving more than they were.

gtd

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter

Sway, You could not have said that any better bro !!!

Word on that Sway:passingjoint:

With them OG's songbird>>>I would up the cal mag @ 7ml per gallon. At least thats me as per my GH 3 part recipe.
For the longest time I ran Cal Mag at 5ml per gallon and always had a tinge of purple running up threw out some of the stems. A buddy advised me to up it to 7ml per gallon and the plants are even thriving more than they were.

gtd

Great suggestion GTD, RB

hotRod

hotRod

yea rootb what is the benefits of hyrozyme..and all that good stuff about it..heard alot about it,but just by stores and people who don't really mean much or are jus trying to make money..

they provide enzymes
which help the breakdown and uptake
of nutrients
Then things work more effiently

D

DrDanko

I use Cal/Mag 7-10ml/Gal. My plants are eating it up!

Hey Burnalot: I HIGHLY recommend the Hygrozyme. I too was a bit skeptical of the added benefits, because I was already running AN Piranha and AN Scorpion, plus AN VooDoo juice has been a favorite for years. The hygrozyme doesn't replace those others, but they do some similar things and some different things so I like to incorporate them all in some fashion without over-doing it! I'm using the Hygrozyme now, and could see the benefits from the first feedings. My plants love it! You can see that your plants are that much more healthy.

T

Tank Fillerman

I personally use sensi cal from AN, but two things to consider when using cal mag: RO water should be "pretreated" with cal-mag before adding base nutrients. This is because most commercial salt nutrient systems are designed assuming the grower is using tap water, which of course contains both calcium and magnesium carbonates. If RO water is not being used, the grower should get an analysis of whatever municipal water supply is being used, filtered or not. If the water supply has a high amount (over 150 ppm) of calcium carbonate, this will tend to bind with the citrates and/or nitrates in your nutrient solution and cause some fallout of both compounds. One way to fix this is to heavily aerate your tap water at a ph of 5.8 for several days. the carbonates will fall out of solution and precipitate to the bottom, where they can be pumped out. You can skip all of these steps however, and just use calmag @20mls\gal. This increased amount will subjugate any precipitation that may occur. botanicare loves this. SO, you can either condition your feed water and use a sane amount of calmag, or go jersey shore style and juice them up proper. Either way, anything related to Chemdog is going to need alot of c and mg.

0sWizZle

Run Flornova Bloom at 15 ml per gallon....no need to ever even buy Cal-Mag...boost up your Base NPK

Latest posts

Top Bottom