Advice On Harvest

• Thread starter Agardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Flushing is another misconception.

I haven't flushed anything but toilets in over 3 yrs. My flowers are always smooth and tasty when smoked.

I do a 3 day dark before cutting if I'm able. I also dry in my clone room with 4x4't8 lights on 18/6. I've found no difference in drying in dark vs lite room.
Fascinating. You don't lower nutes ever, no taper, and you cure and hang in bright light?

Wow. Not 2nd guessing you; I know you're no amateur here. Just surprised that works.

I used to flush last 2 weeks, use high brix molasses/insect frass, but in small pot coco I agree thats probably unnecessary and really hurts yield. I just do about a week where I top irrigation barrel and pH it but let remaining nutrients dwindle. Never straight h20 - read it shocks them, creates damage via osmosis swing, doesnt help irrigation lines clear out either. Just lighter nutes last week.

Also read here heavy waterings at end help, even with nutes. Considering adding ice to pots maybe this time?

G gnome

G gnome

Imo drying in ur veg rm is not good practice. Even if the light dont hurt em u still have to consider the fact that optimal temps and rh for ur veg rm and optimal temps and rh for ur drying rm are very different.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Imo drying in ur veg rm is not good practice. Even if the light dont hurt em u still have to consider the fact that optimal temps and rh for ur veg rm and optimal temps and rh for ur drying rm are very different.
Agreed. Im getting a dedicated large tent next myself.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I have a dedicated drying rm that i like to keep 66deg and 60% rh. Certainly not ideal numbers for vegging plants
Perfect. Any fans going? I hit dense colas with a fan if Im afraid theyre so dense they'll rot... for an hour or 2 at chop just to dry outsides... then moisture wicks out and voila no rot, perfect cure too

I like light air movement in cure

G gnome

G gnome

Perfect. Any fans going? I hit dense colas with a fan if Im afraid theyre so dense they'll rot... for an hour or 2 at chop just to dry outsides... then moisture wicks out and voila no rot, perfect cure too

I like light air movement in cure
I have a small fan circulating air but never pointed at buds

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Ive collected a lot of big glass jars on sale, like 2g +/- for curing.

Considering used cheap craigslist glass aquariums, clean thoroughly, cover with foil or saran wrap... better price per gallon of glass to cure in. Make sense?

G gnome

G gnome

Ive collected a lot of big glass jars on sale, like 2g +/- for curing.

Considering used cheap craigslist glass aquariums, clean thoroughly, cover with foil or saran wrap... better price per gallon of glass to cure in. Make sense?
I use these....
1475338351370 835781051

Dog food storage containers

G gnome

G gnome

Fair enough. Im a purist for glass. Again, trying to do any possible details to prevent the slightest loss of anything along the way. But those are more handy, especially for weight. Ive used em before too.
I feel ya...i used to use glass only too but tbh ive never noticed a difference in smell from glass to plastic. I must have 100 1/2gal glass jars around here but its a pain in the ass to go thru and open all those jars every day. Thats why i switched.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

I feel ya...i used to use glass only too but tbh ive never noticed a difference in smell from glass to plastic. I must have 100 1/2gal glass jars around here but its a pain in the ass to go thru and open all those jars every day. Thats why i switched.
Big aquarium, used, glass, just reach in / feel / mix a little?
Plastic supposedly gloms onto trichomes or something I was told.

G gnome

G gnome

Attaches, clings, sticks, interacts with in a negative way.
I haven't noticed that it sticks to the plastic any more than it does glass.

I used to use 2gal glass jars but i was never able to find ones that sealed all that well. If i cud find cost effective large glass jars that sealed like canning jars that wud be ideal. The ones i used were expensive and the seal was the kind thats similar to weather stripping

A

Agardens

W
Funny, was JUST talking about loving Gnomes book back in the day, just yesterday. Ha~

Yeah, day and a half BEFORE CHOP, kill ballasts. Terpenes migrate fully to buds, in dark 36 hours while plants still alive and uncut.

Chop, hang in dark on trunks intact a week+.... make more sense? I promise Im on topic, even if Im a bit fuzzy. =D
Will definitely try this thank you for sharing some advice... Hope it comes out great

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

W

Will definitely try this thank you for sharing some advice... Hope it comes out great
My pleasure to share what Ive been able to hunt and research. Me not having a link to scientific data doesnt help, I realize.

This site has so many people who have helped me that I try to give back what conclusions Ive come to and why.

I simply choose to err on the side of maximum caution on curing. I apologize for not having research, but I remember there was math dictating that 36 hour dark pre-chop was the sweet spot. And yes, you can do it totally the opposite and be fine like many others, including our friends here. The difference may be too subtle for anecdotal human observation, or not exist. But if there's a chance of any impact, I go with that myself.

Latest posts

Top Bottom