Advice on mini ductless split systems

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What up farmers!

I'm setting up a new room and need some advice on a split system. I currently run 2.5 ton mini ductless split systems in my other rooms but this one will need a 3 ton. To make things slightly more difficult, I will be running it in a condo with shared walls so I could also use some suggestions on where to place the outside unit. I'm thinking under the condo in the crawl space but a super quiet system would help too.

Thanks,
GR33N

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Run a portable. Running a mini split in a condo is asking for trouble.

My history with portables is not good...

First off, I would need atleast 3 large portables to equate to 30K+ BTUs... where would I exhaust all the hoses? Not to mention 3 large portables would pull a considerable amount of electricity which is scarce to begin with.

I should add, I need the system for a 9K SEALED room. Portables would be a possibility if I was ducting.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

What up farmers!

I'm setting up a new room and need some advice on a split system. I currently run 2.5 ton mini ductless split systems in my other rooms but this one will need a 3 ton. To make things slightly more difficult, I will be running it in a condo with shared walls so I could also use some suggestions on where to place the outside unit. I'm thinking under the condo in the crawl space but a super quiet system would help too.

Thanks,
GR33N

im no ac man but i think under the condo would burn it up wouldnt it?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

im no ac man but i think under the condo would burn it up wouldnt it?

I have roughly a 3' tall crawl space and an area about 14' x 14'. I believe the area is vented well....I'll have to crawl back down there..

djstiks

djstiks

no smell brother. the air is exchanged with the indoor unit that is in the room. no air in or out. reason mini splits are ideal for grow rooms.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Man "condo"is the problem,do you have the 240 power available to run the A/C and lights?Are you allowed to modify/use the crawl space under your condo?sometimes anything outside your condo is association property and off limits.I think you could probably put a split condenser down there and run the lines through the floor as there seems to be enough room IF you could do it without trouble.Id post up in cannabis johns A/C thread and ask the pro,also if your in socal hes your reliable/safe install guy.

P

paulycali

You got a attic or storage above the ceiling? That'll work just make sure the space has adequate ventilation. You'll need at least some ventilation up there. If your allowed to modify your condo then stick it under the condo. You run hot lol! and want ac for comfortable living. You said your already running two mini splits. Where did you put the outdoor units for those two?

Just like fishwhistle said. You got 240 power available? Doubt it unless you had an electrician come in like i had to do. I would be careful running lots of power in a condo. Not the best power source if you ask me. Good luck and keep us updated. Were here to help for sure

P

paulycali

I have roughly a 3' tall crawl space and an area about 14' x 14'. I believe the area is vented well....I'll have to crawl back down there..

The unit is about 3 ft tall. Good luck with that as i doubt that will work since it will be a nightmare to get setup but i still hope you can pull it off somehow

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Man "condo"is the problem,do you have the 240 power available to run the A/C and lights?Are you allowed to modify/use the crawl space under your condo?sometimes anything outside your condo is association property and off limits.I think you could probably put a split condenser down there and run the lines through the floor as there seems to be enough room IF you could do it without trouble.Id post up in cannabis johns A/C thread and ask the pro,also if your in socal hes your reliable/safe install guy.

You got a attic or storage above the ceiling? That'll work just make sure the space has adequate ventilation. You'll need at least some ventilation up there. If your allowed to modify your condo then stick it under the condo. You run hot lol! and want ac for comfortable living. You said your already running two mini splits. Where did you put the outdoor units for those two?

Just like fishwhistle said. You got 240 power available? Doubt it unless you had an electrician come in like i had to do. I would be careful running lots of power in a condo. Not the best power source if you ask me. Good luck and keep us updated. Were here to help for sure

I run my units/rooms at another site and the units are outside. This room currently has a 6000w setup and it is ducted properly so I do not require an A/C. So the breaker has already been squared away for my ballasts and I can have my electrician accomodate a split system, no problem.

I do have an attic and it is rather large and well ventilated. Another plus is the attic only shares one wall, which if properly sealed and potentially insulated will restrict the noise from carrying through.

I've got my A/C guy coming through in a couple of days but wanted to get feedback from you guys on which split system worked the best for you.

After looking into that Mitsubishi Mr Slim, I think that's the route I will go, it's pretty badass and suppose to be super quiet.

GR33N

P

paulycali

I am using the ideal air mini splits. They work great! Depending on the setting its a very quiet system if you ask me. Only when it's on the one setting you can here the system turn on and off. Other than that i can't hear a thing. Not sure how they compare to others but the ideal air's seem great. Simple to setup as well. I did it myself lol!

I have 2 units in the attic :)

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Get the highest SEER you can,In 2 tons i think they have a 19 seer,you wont regret it

P

paulycali

Get the highest SEER you can,In 2 tons i think they have a 19 seer,you wont regret it

You mean the lower right? I thought the lower the seer rating the better. I could be wrong but think i am right lol!

P

paulycali

Nope you were right. Shouldve kept my mouth shut lol!

:) :) :)

djstiks

djstiks

I am using the ideal air mini splits. They work great! Depending on the setting its a very quiet system if you ask me. Only when it's on the one setting you can here the system turn on and off. Other than that i can't hear a thing. Not sure how they compare to others but the ideal air's seem great. Simple to setup as well. I did it myself lol!

I have 2 units in the attic :)

all my local shops refuse to carry ideal splits. too many returns and headaches with the manufacture for warranty.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

My 2.5 ton fujitsu is super quiet and has no problem keeping my sealed 14k room's in check. Well 108 outside was pushing its limets. But that not to comin around here. Maybe one day a year.

Top Bottom