Advice on when to harvest ?

• Thread starter morugawelder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hawkman

will get you the address ---------

Here it is: or SeedFinders.eu or Canabis
well I chopped her down last night , I hung up in my 4 x 4 tent , Been racing like crazy around here last couple of weeks ,
But anyway , the R.H. in the room was high like 74 , got my humidifier hooked up , got r.h. down to 58 , central air has been on in the house for a few days ,
trying to keep ambient temp around 70 , well in the room it was 58 r.h. last night 73 temp. ,
I just checked this morning 5:01 a.m. before work , r.h. was 60 , and temp 73 . I left a corner of the tent open last night ,

Inside the tent r.h. was 80 , and temp 74 . I have a 8 " fan on the floor on low pointed in a angle along inside wall for air , should I just open the whole side of the tent so I cant get that r.h. down ? so the humdifier in the room can draw out of there a well ? I don't want it to mold >

thanks !

for drying the 777 rule -- 7 days dry at 70 degrees at 70 %RH

H

hawkman

ok. when does it go in the glass?
This might help:
fill a shot glass about 1/2 full - drop seed in and then cover the glass with something - in about 6 hr.s or so push seeds to the bottom of glass (they should stay on bottom - seeds become water-logged) the cover glass again - soak them for 12-24 hrs. 0- remove and place on paper towels - cover the seeds - in about 3-5 days they will sprout the plant

morugawelder

morugawelder

Here it is: or SeedFinders.eu or Canabis

for drying the 777 rule -- 7 days dry at 70 degrees at 70 %RH
Today be 7 days hanging , ave. r.h. 65 to 70 , ave. temp 71 , They had the fans removed long before hanging ,
I removed intermediate leaves ( saved them for budder ) I didn't wet trim the smaller sugar leaves , I left them in hopes
to get a better flavor .

They don't snap yet ( skinnier ons do ) getting close tho , I'm wondering if now is a good time to take down and put into a paper bag for a few days ? and burping once a day ,
I read where some like to do this , to keep them from drying to quickly , then manicure and jar . Whats your take on this ?
IMG 6459
IMG 6460

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Today be 7 days hanging , ave. r.h. 65 to 70 , ave. temp 71 , They had the fans removed long before hanging ,
I removed intermediate leaves ( saved them for budder ) I didn't wet trim the smaller sugar leaves , I left them in hopes
to get a better flavor .

They don't snap yet ( skinnier ons do ) getting close tho , I'm wondering if now is a good time to take down and put into a paper bag for a few days ? and burping once a day ,
I read where some like to do this , to keep them from drying to quickly , then manicure and jar . Whats your take on this ?
View attachment 874170View attachment 874171
Temp is perfect, rh a little high. Wait until those stems break, maybe another week in those conditions Then clip and jar. With that rh you'll need to be careful of mold while curing. A few days on a screen might help before jarring. I've never used a paper bag except with trimmed sugar leaves.

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

2 weeks hanging out you will have straw. Can trim them up and put in jars with Boveda 62% packs. Burp a few times, good to go.

I usually have a fan on my plants when they are hanging to keep the air flow going and prevent mold. I don't hang in a tent. Too much RH it's not critical other than the RH needs to be under 70% during drying if at all possible.

Nice looking flowers too good job.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’ve found checking the trichomes and the lowers works best for me. I either harvest when both top and bottom buds are cloudy with 30% Amber or I will harvest the top buds first, wait a week or two and harvest the rest of the plant.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

to get a better flavor .

View attachment 874170View attachment 874171

Hey i didnt see this post. You want to start dry trimming and jarring the buds when the bud stem snaps (or slightly before that to retain some moisture) not the main branches. Im betting those branches feel light and dry compared to how they felt at harvest.

Then either that night or next morning (half day) check to see if they feel wet at all. If wet take them out and dry some. Can use paper bag to help even them out. I lay them out on a screened trim tray.

If dry feeling then burp until smells smoother. Then check tomorrow.....

After a while they need checked less and less.

Also keep jars in dark place. Protects trichomes.

Kind of an art.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I’ve found checking the trichomes and the lowers works best for me. I either harvest when both top and bottom buds are cloudy with 30% Amber or I will harvest the top buds first, wait a week or two and harvest the rest of the plant.
Also I found the husband notices when I harvest the top buds first, wait and harvest the rest later versus harvest all at once. Says the plants I harvest all at once are less potent than the plants I split harvest....

Latest posts

Top Bottom