Advice Or Suggestions About My Setup Before I Start To Grow

• Thread starter Marty2780
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marty2780

Marty2780

Hello growers! I am new to the growing part and have made a hydroponic system with an air-stone in each setup with a pump circulating nutrients. Everything is new and I have not tried to grow in the system yet. It is 1000watt mh right now with analog solid state 1000 ballast I also have ppm and ph pens with old air going out past the light cooling it and new air coming in with 4in fans also made a scrog for when it's time since I'm in a mi basement
smoke2.gif
I was hoping to get any info or feed back on the setup before I start things. Well the temp is stable around 70-75f and the humidity ranges from 60-78% which I know is not ideal but a dehumidifier is on the list to stay around 50%. Hopefully the master growers on this forum can take me under there wing and help guide me to greatness lol but any info is helpful so thanks in advance to all ...Advice or suggestions about my setup before i start to grow Advice or suggestions about my setup before i start to grow 2

Advice or suggestions about my setup before i start to grow 3
Advice or suggestions about my setup before i start to grow 4
ken dog

ken dog

Make sure you are sucking the air out, and not blowing it in.

Marty2780

Marty2780

Really? I thought it was hot air out and cool fresh air in?

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Looks well thought out.
I would suggest purchase of another air pump as a back up.
Those multi output pumps fail at the worst possible times.

And rinse the hell out of the clay pellets. Let some soak for a few days and then test the PH and you will see why. :)

Going to be an epic grow.
I'll just pull up a chair.

full

Aloha,
Weezard

Marty2780

Marty2780

Great advice, I'll be sure to clean the clay pellets well as suggested. Any thoughts on starting with clones or seeds on my first grow? Also would you recommend a reverse osmosis filter for 0ppm water? My tap here is about 110 ppm 6.5ph. Thanks again in advance :)

Marty2780

Marty2780

Got two blue dream and two blue cheese plants at about 9" had to transfer them from soil to hydrotron clay after a wash of all soil on the roots. There pics are one week in, surprisingly they started rooting down into the buckets two days after transplant. I thought it may take a week or so from shock but they did great and are now around a foot tall plus. Started day 1-5 at 300 ppm and now day 6-8 I am at 500ppm. I'm using advanced neutrients and mr mustachio calmag substitute to reach my desired ppm. The leaves seem very healthy aside from marks left from when I received it, all new growth is healthy at 300 and 500ppm so I may increase to 600 ppm next week. Still in 18-6 veg with a 1000 MH . Temp is between 72-81f and humidity is 50-55% res temp is usually a degree or two colder then room temp but I also have a pump hooked up in a res bucket that I put seal frozen 2lts in to bring the temp in that bucket to 63-67f then I pump that over the hydrotron twice a day causing the water level to do a sort of ebb and flow as well as having bubblers in each bucket. I would love to buy a chiller to keep a constant 65f but can't afford it right now. Any info or advice on these stains or experienced growers input would be great. I also have a lil veg room where I have a chem dog plant in soil and some clones in it as well as some seedlings from the strain called cheese that I am waiting to find out sex. That set up is for now 1 24watt t5 grow light and a 54 wall (200 watt) cfl thanks in advance for any help or direction. Also as you can tell from the pics I am using a scrog net without topping the plants because I was hoping to train them down through the net then I will trim the undergrowth once I switch the flower cycle.

Marty2780

Marty2780

Instead of topping I'm trying to weave the main stem through the scrog net . So everything is looking good so far in week three of veg. Increased to 600 ppm

Marty2780

Marty2780

First day of flowering
Lollipopped and low stress trained.
Light experimental trimming was done. Also on both strains I have swollen stem joints. Does anyone know if this is good? I have herd it's the plant preparing for heavy buds but more or correct info would be helpful

Marty2780

Marty2780

6 days into flower, 700ppm 6.1 ph 1000 watt hps 73f 50%hum
I have noticed on 1 or 2 leaves I am getting spots so I lowered the ph to 5.7ph and it looks like I am not getting any nuetrient burn so I assume it is a deficiency of some sort. Hopefully the ph adjustment works if not I will up the neutrients. Any suggestions on the cause and or cure?

Marty2780

Marty2780

Also how do my roots look? I thought a little brown but my gereral hydroponics nuets are brownish so I thought maybe they are dying them a bit or is it root rot? I don't change my res I just top it off. Do the roots look fine for one week into flower or should I be concerned? Thanks

Marty2780

Marty2780

Ok, I have been using ro water from the store and the 24 gal setup I have is hard to get that much each week so I was going to switch to tap water at 120ppm so I can change the res every week. Any thoughts?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

PPM for Hanna Chart PPM

Seedlings, Early Sprouts 100 to 250

Early Vegging 300 to 400

Full Vegetation 450 to 700
i

Early Blooming 750 to 950

Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600

Top Bottom