Advice Or Suggestions About My Setup Before I Start To Grow

• Thread starter Marty2780
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marty2780

Marty2780

Awesome! Thanks so much for the advice. I was thinking about rope tubs next time also, hopefully I get a pound this run or I would be disappointed. It is 5x5 of plant coverage and a thousands watt so I hope it comes out well. I would love to get the skill level to produce the gram per watt I hear about, then I will be satisfied. They are thickening up pretty good these last days so fingers crossed. Wow I have never herd of neutrient levels that low, I will have to experiment next run. Thanks for the words of wisdom again!

Marty2780

Marty2780

The original net is 5x10 but I couldn't afford two more clones to grow at the start lol so their is only 4 plants and 5x6 plant coverage. I would have filled the whole thing if I had the other 2 plants for sure but I would love to do 2 or 3 lights once I reinvest, maybe just 2 since I have to consider the electric bill the first couple runs once I reinvest I will be engineering a solar system to help with consumption and creating a water chiller from Pelletier technology on the cheap for the build and low power consumption ;) along with other modifications to the setup for improvement

Marty2780

Marty2780

Ps when it comes to selling to 8 mile dispensaries they are a joke by the way, they want to pay me 175 an oz for shit they are going to charge 15-20 a gram for (420-560) and 175 was a high offer one guy offered 125 an oz and mind you mine product was covered in tricomes compared to their top stuff, One guy even told me that trichomes don't matter that people want super dense weed and then he argued with me that thc is not in the trichome crystals it's inside the nugs he says lol what a joke. What gives? Any dispensary should be happy to pay 250$ an oz for it, if it were illegal street sales people would easily pay 300+ for this hydro (literally). Just venting but feel free to add any input.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Looks great to me. Sounds like your in Mi so that seems about right to me. I dont know anything about eastside places but the places over in the west side generally wont go above 150 and thats if you can even get them to check your meds. Most places I know about are trying to move there own crews meds or have long standing relationships with guys like me. Sometimes the presentation can make a difference or having multiple strains to offer. Example , guy a walks in with one or two varieties that are old news he might not get much interest regardless of quality, guy B walks in with six strains of the latest and greatest high demand strains with lab test to boot he will most definitely get better offers and lots more of them, or guy c meets at the house and has dinner because they have been friends since highschool and he gets 200 t0 250 per and moves the whole mess. Guy A is a dime a dozen, guy b is much harder to come by , and guy c is almost as rare as a unicorn. The main guy I work with is not interested in meeting new caregivers whatsoever at this stage in the game, I have tried repeatedly to introduce friends that I taught and have most same strains and quality I do and he wont even look at there meds.. I made my most my connects many years before the med boom and its paying off now for sure, it makes life much easier. Trimming makes a big difference as well, precisely manicured buds, only bringing the tops all the time, never tarnish your rep with a larfy bag or substandard quality , if you grow a bad plant keep it for yourself or throw it in the trash, trim all buds down to 1 to 2 gram nugs because that is what they move and they hate cutting bigger buds from the stem for the 1 gram patients and being left with a jar of stems when its gone. If all that fails change the names of your strains and tell everyone its organic, that seems to be working in some cases. Hopefully this doesnt come off as arrogant, just trying to offer my perspective and thoughts. Good luck with your next grow hope it does well for you

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

No problem. Unfortunately I think the heydays are over in MI, its getting more competitive and its harder for new growers to find a place to get in but if you have good product you should be able to find something that works for you. Just dont go to low, leave your number or check back with the places that showed interest later, they may be running low from their regular suppliers and offer you more money then. In the past Ive had people call back couple weeks later when they really needed to stock the shelves and renegotiate. Try not to get stuck in that 150 rut like a lot of guys do, seems like once they get you low your never going up.

Marty2780

Marty2780

ya im not in it for the money anyway, i just wanted to have top grade product to smoke without having my pocket book raped by the dispensaries for it and making a bit of money for the fun time i had doing it. i just thought they would be slightly fair so i would have no problem getting rid of overages but it will just have to take slightly longer then planned which will just improve the quality of my cure so ill live lol thank you again for the info PS i would never sell for under 200 an oz on principal alone ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom