Advice

• Thread starter Ckd1730
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Ckd1730

Anybody advice on watering pumps? Timers? Soil mixtures? I'm thinking of potting soil, perlite and coco. The watering I'm still not quite sure of.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I'm a fan of the heavy duty Intermatic T101 timers. They require a bit of wiring but they work great and not prone to failure.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Anybody advice on watering pumps? Timers? Soil mixtures? I'm thinking of potting soil, perlite and coco. The watering I'm still not quite sure of.
IMO, if you mix coco and soil together, water it like soil. Straight coco or coco/perlite mix is best for auto watering. Make sure to over spec the pump you buy. You can always restrict the flow, but you can’t make it pump more than it was designed to. A digital timer that can be programmed to the minute should be adequate in most situations. They are about $15 on Amazon. A short cycle timer (i.e on for 45 seconds every hour) are expensive. If you go the coco route, be sure to feed/water low ppm at least daily. Soil you can water every few days on a water/water/feed rotation.

C

Ckd1730

What if I were to do the watering is it like once a day or kinda like feeding a dog twice a day? Or just a bad idea all around?

Enforcer

Enforcer

What if I were to do the watering is it like once a day or kinda like feeding a dog twice a day? Or just a bad idea all around?
Coco must be fed at least daily. I feed mine 3 times a day, for 2 minutes each and they are in #2 pots, on day 32 of flower. The only bad idea would be to water coco like soil, every few days when it gets light. That will cause ph/nute lockout issues.

69BD2E35 803A 4324 9AD4 5B2FEBC246F4

Latest posts

Top Bottom