aerated water at 8.6 ph

• Thread starter norcal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

norcal

hey guys ive been aerating my water from the tap for over 24 hours before i give it to these plants ive been giving organic nutes. my tap water is about 90 ppm and has a ph of 8.6 after aerating. but this is my first run with organics so im not sure if its just alright to give it this water or should i use ph down? i wouldnt imagine im supposed to since im growing organic and im 95% sure my ph down is chemical.... if some1 experienced with organics could let me know id really appreciate it. when i mix my nutes its usually down about 4 ph. so its hard for me(since ive used chem nutes for days now) to give nutes that have a ph of 4 and water that has a ph up at 8.. im only using organic on 2 of my plants so im not to worried its just a learning experience. but id like to do it right the first time around. t

420Gator

420Gator

im pretty sure you can mix the down with your organic nutes, 90ppm is fucking great for tap tho my shits like 350+ usually

N

norcal

well when i mix nutes i would have to use up. my first time i tried mixing up after i mixed my nutes and it didnt affect it and i used a lot to experiment with it. im talking about just regular water in between feedings. i think im going to just give it regular aerated water that hasnt been ph'd. 8.6 is just really high.. this shit worries me everytime... cause i usually have my chem nutes right at 6.3... but every1 says ph doesnt matter with organics. ill just have to trust people....

N

norcal

i lived in phoenix for awhile. i cant even imagine how high that ppm was. if u drank it you would get sick. especially me since i lived in norcal my whole life besides that year i went to school there. right when i got back here i walked up to a hose and pounded water. shits good up here. idk about sac and areas like that. but north of that we have amazing water.

420king-spaded

no ph up or down it will kill the organics ph up and down is chemical based if you must lower your ph use organic methods because if you dont your not growing organically

N

norcal

ya i think ill just never use my ph meter. that way i dont get stressed out. they look healthy and there about week 3 flowering. so we will see.

420king-spaded

imvho organics do not really need to be ph watched as much as chem and dro nutes

N

norcal

ya thats what ive heard. im using earth juice and it makes the ph crazy low. and my regular water ph after aerating is crazy high. so if i stop ph'ing ill be a lot less stressed

N

norcal

really? i dont think earth juice does.. do they? i thought they made it a point to say not to adjust the ph for the nutrient solution.

420Gator

420Gator

no not erath juices fox farm. yea if they say not too then just do that, sry for the mis information in my original post

N

norcal

its all good. i read a different forum on another site and hella people are confused about earth juice. simply just dont adjust ph for organic nutrients(for sure dont adjust ph for earth juice). people were talking shit about the nutrient company. and every 1 of them tried adjusting ph. the people that didnt love earth juice. just goes to show follow the instructions!!! the only reason i questioned it was cause its kinda scary using organics for the first time... luckily if it doesnt work out i grow all my other plants with house and garden. and ive mastered that line. i really dont think this organic line can compete with yield but hopefully the quality is just as good.. the best weed ive ever smoked has been grown with house and garden. hands down the collective i worked for used advanced. and that shit grown to perfection didnt come close to the yield i get from house and garden. i swear shooting powder is some crazy stuff. the quality wasnt as good either. they even admitted it and now they use house and garden. i wish every1 that used advanced would give H&G a shot. they wouldnt spend nearly as much and get better smoke. just cause its the most expensive doesnt mean its the best. actually advanced is garbage for the price IMO. theres a little rant lol

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

We have water issues here too. Would love to have ppm of 90!! Ours is 300. High ph too. I am an organic grower and don't ph adjust my teas/nutes. However, in between feedings I do adjust the straight water. I use about a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar per gallon of water to lower the ph. Prior to doing that, I did have nute lock out probs even in soil. If you go this route, be sure to do a ph test prior as your water ph may be different than mine and require more or less vinegar.

CC

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
high ph will prevent nuts from being used (lock out) whether they are organic or not. you should use your meter to check water going in and then test the runoff as well. 3 weeks into bloom would be a really bad time to start locking out your plants - there are plenty of ways to raise and lower your ph organically.

I think there is even a powdered organic ph adjust product.

I find it amusing that many organic growers feel it unnecessary to practice the most basic growing techniques such as ph'ing mixes and flushing at the end.

theres see lots of "organically grown" weed in clubs that looks like back yard boogie and smells like fish emulsion...

N

norcal

aliright ill look into that then. my plants seem healthy so far. no nute burn no signs of anything but being healthy but that could change fast soon if they are having ph problems. since its such a small % of my plants im not to worried. but if something does start showing ill know it is ph problems.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, your plants are not showing any issues? I've taken too many years and made too many mistakes to unlearn the following--If it ain't broke don't fix it.
no ph up or down it will kill the organics ph up and down is chemical based if you must lower your ph use organic methods because if you dont your not growing organically
No it won't kill your microbes, not if the water/feed solution is pH-adjusted first and you're not throwing the straight, full strength adjustment solution onto the soil/medium.

Norcal, outdoors I no longer worry about the pH or any other parameters of my source water. Just not necessary. Indoors, you betcha, it has to be done.

Personally, I'd filter the water and then maybe try some GO CaMg or CaMg+. That stuff drops my pH by a full point, damn if I know why. Otherwise, I'd suggest either a phosphorous-based pH Down for quickest adjustment, it's the best way to push it down and keep it down, or if you really want to keep it completely organic, go with citric acid to adjust down. I haven't used that, I've used vinegar on very base and alkaline (well-buffered, i.e. resistant to pH shift) water and I have to use far, far more than 1tsp/gallon to get it down, and it never stays down (because its alkalinity is high).
ya i think ill just never use my ph meter. that way i dont get stressed out. they look healthy and there about week 3 flowering. so we will see.
There you go. KISS and watch. If they're doing well, then what have you got to worry about, right? Now, if you start seeing stuff, it probably would help to know what the parameters have been going into it, so that's a good reason to at least know where it's at. Make sense?
high ph will prevent nuts from being used (lock out) whether they are organic or not. you should use your meter to check water going in and then test the runoff as well. 3 weeks into bloom would be a really bad time to start locking out your plants - there are plenty of ways to raise and lower your ph organically.

I think there is even a powdered organic ph adjust product.

I find it amusing that many organic growers feel it unnecessary to practice the most basic growing techniques such as ph'ing mixes and flushing at the end.

theres see lots of "organically grown" weed in clubs that looks like back yard boogie and smells like fish emulsion...
Hi Motherlode. I'm an organic soil grower, and knowing what I do, I understand that the plants and microbes actually make adjustments in their immediate regions themselves (cation/anion exchange = self-adjustment of pH). I've also learned as a longtime fishkeeper that if it ain't broke DON'T try to fix it or sure as shit you'll break your own shit. The last thing I want to mention is that if one is growing in very large soil containers or directly in-ground, it's rather difficult to really "flush", let alone test run-off. Especially if you plan on using that plot/soil for another run.

Lastly, low pH can also cause lock-outs.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
howdy sea maiden, if your growing outside I agree 100 % - I went on assumption hes indoor since he said he was 3 weeks into flower.

one major reason I prefer indoor gardening is you have way more control over your environment and if you can lower that ph to a more acceptable level by all means he should and if he can test runoff he should as well...

imo there is nothing simpler then testing ph and ppm going in and then the runoff - if for no other reason then to keep track of those numbers in journal - then if you do end up having issues you have a reference of everything you have done and can more easily see where things went wrong...

log notes could also include low/high temp and humidity etc...

420king-spaded

its all good. i read a different forum on another site and hella people are confused about earth juice. simply just dont adjust ph for organic nutrients(for sure dont adjust ph for earth juice). people were talking shit about the nutrient company. and every 1 of them tried adjusting ph. the people that didnt love earth juice. just goes to show follow the instructions!!! the only reason i questioned it was cause its kinda scary using organics for the first time... luckily if it doesnt work out i grow all my other plants with house and garden. and ive mastered that line. i really dont think this organic line can compete with yield but hopefully the quality is just as good.. the best weed ive ever smoked has been grown with house and garden. hands down the collective i worked for used advanced. and that shit grown to perfection didnt come close to the yield i get from house and garden. i swear shooting powder is some crazy stuff. the quality wasnt as good either. they even admitted it and now they use house and garden. i wish every1 that used advanced would give H&G a shot. they wouldnt spend nearly as much and get better smoke. just cause its the most expensive doesnt mean its the best. actually advanced is garbage for the price IMO. theres a little rant lol

bio-canna is aN EXCELLENT nute line that does not need any adjusting you see the thing with organics is you need to let them fight eachother to come to a happy medium my mentor is a hardcore organics cat who follows the tlo guide lines for his personal headstash as well as for his cancer pats he helps out and if at any point something non-organic touches the water or medium you run the chance of killing everything off

420king-spaded

seamaiden as soon as ph is in water it kills you microbeasties off and the second ph touches the water your whole crop becomes non-organic even if its done only once you guys gotta go read the tlo threads on hear tlo[true living organics]

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Spaded, I don't quite agree, but don't want to argue semantics. One of us is a purist, the other isn't.
howdy sea maiden, if your growing outside I agree 100 % - I went on assumption hes indoor since he said he was 3 weeks into flower.

one major reason I prefer indoor gardening is you have way more control over your environment and if you can lower that ph to a more acceptable level by all means he should and if he can test runoff he should as well...

imo there is nothing simpler then testing ph and ppm going in and then the runoff - if for no other reason then to keep track of those numbers in journal - then if you do end up having issues you have a reference of everything you have done and can more easily see where things went wrong...

log notes could also include low/high temp and humidity etc...
You're right, especially with the caveat of indoors versus out and his mention of flowering time would indicate he's growing inside. You also remind me that I've been forgetting to record RH. I only make a log for the indoor girls at this point, but you are right in the record-keeping, even for OD. You can't really assess fully what's going on if you don't know where you're at.

Top Bottom