aerated water at 8.6 ph

• Thread starter norcal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSHZ

Look for ingredients that are chelated........... then pH does not matter at all. Just not sure the offer chelated "organics".

420king-spaded

there is natural ways you can lower your ph in medium in some cases by adding certain types of worms to your soil/less mediums also real quick in hydro grows synthetics and organics together equals a killer combo and yes seamaiden the microlife can live and thrive[when using resevoir grows] its just when combining the the two in soil and soiless mediums and begin to dry out that the micro beasties hyperdehydrate and die also sshz fulvic acid and absorbic acid [organic acids] are chelated and these organic acids allow the nutrients to pass through the plants with no stressers and help them wholly use all the nutrients up and to thread starter if you really want to lower soil ph use coffee grounds to lower your ph to 5.5-6.5

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
seamaiden as soon as ph is in water it kills you microbeasties off and the second ph touches the water your whole crop becomes non-organic even if its done only once you guys gotta go read the tlo threads on hear tlo[true living organics]

if u use tap water u're not 100% Organic either, tap water is often highly polluted and if use guano u aint earth friendly like some will think...

The important ph in organic is the ph of the soil in fact. But i reckon that a none adjust water with a high ppm will, after many watering, cause problems and will decrease the quality of the herb. Maybe adjusting when nutes are added will be a wise choice. A low ppm water will adjust her ph as soon as she gets into contact whit the soil.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
if u use tap water u're not 100% Organic either, tap water is often highly polluted and if use guano u aint earth friendly like some will think...

word! living out in the country (on a well) you forget about the nasty tap water thats high in chlorine and fluoride...

420king-spaded

if using tap either ro it or bubble it 4 4-5 days hopefully you dont have the water that has that chlorine hybrid chemical in it because it wont bubble out im not sure about ro though that mite be able to remove it

S

shavits

You can use chlorine remover drops to remove chlorine and chloramine the chlorine hybrid u talk about on contact! I use this stuff in conjuction with bubbling my water and I have had no problems whatsoever! I also use EJ and I bubble my nutes for atleast 24 hrs just like you would a compost tea then I adjust the ph up or down using EJs natural ph up or citric acid for down before feeding my girls and I have had no problems yet! From what Ive read microbs and the biolife in the soil can take a beating before you kill it off! I know everyone says not to adjust ph when growing organic but I feel more comfortable when I do so I adjust everytime!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If growing organically in soil outdoors (as motherlode and I have touched upon elsewhere), I no longer concern myself with adjusting the pH. This makes keeping my planter girls SO much easier, because I can set the drippers and know that they'll remain watered and fed. I'll have to look for the paper(s?) I've read on how plants and microbes can basically perform their own cation/anion exchange, thusly adjusting pH in their immediate areas themselves, don't have it saved anymore.
word! living out in the country (on a well) you forget about the nasty tap water thats high in chlorine and fluoride...
Yeah, but then you notice when the power goes out you have NO water, and that just sucks. Get a generator. Our well water is so God damned hard and alkaline it's almost impossible to get the untreated water to shift pH. I have to use tablespoons of GH pH Down to shift it and get it to stay shifted down with the untreated water. Of course, that was before I discovered that GO's CaMg+ does such a good job of dropping it down.
if using tap either ro it or bubble it 4 4-5 days hopefully you dont have the water that has that chlorine hybrid chemical in it because it wont bubble out im not sure about ro though that mite be able to remove it
Ok, I can talk to you about water and a little bit about water treatment, not for potable water but for living organisms. My background is in ornamental aquatics (aquarium fish) and I've done a little time in the trade and in public aquariums (Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific, to be specific). So please, let me straighten up a few things on the issue of water here.

First, chlorine dissipates (outgasses) in about 24 hours or so, with or without aeration. Use your nose, that'll tell you immediately and in my experience can be a better indicator than any test kit. In my experience a little bit of sodium thiosulfate will immediately neutralize the chlorine.

Second, the chlorine hybrid is chloramine, which is chlorine bonded with ammonia. This is a far more stable compound than chlorine, and it has not been associated with cancer rates the way chlorine has, so municipalities are being encouraged by the EPA and state agencies to switch over to chloramine. That bond can be broken, sodium thiosulfate will do the job just fine and in incredibly small amounts. Something like a 1%-3% dilution can break the bond at rates along the lines of 5-10ml/gallon. Easy peasy.

Third, because of my background, I can absolutely assure you that chemical-based pH adjusters will not kill microbes once they're mixed into the water. If that were the case then no one would be able to do water changes on systems for delicate organisms such as corals (especially SPS corals), sharks, skates, rays, anthias spp., etc. There is no way those organisms could be kept in closed systems if we were not able to harness the action of nitrifying and other bacteria, absolutely no way, they're far too delicate and sensitive to the slightest amounts of ammonia and nitrite, even relatively low levels of nitrate can sicken them enough so that they'll die.

420king-spaded

im just talking about when ph is used for soil/soiless mediums becuase you have to let it dry out the chems hyperdehydrate the microbeasties and they die i thought that was clarified a couple posts ago and thank you seamaiden for the hybrid name [chloromine] and shavits your using organic ph adjustment [ORGANIC] im talking about synthetics [chemical based] which will kill off micro life in a soil/soiless medium [promix,sunshine mix/oceans forest, happy frog and the like] bvut by using organic ph adjustments your microbeasties thrive also as a side note using dolomite lime in your medium will act as a ph buffer while providing calcium and magnesium at the same time no need to stress ph

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Third, because of my background, I can absolutely assure you that chemical-based pH adjusters will not kill microbes once they're mixed into the water. If that were the case then no one would be able to do water changes on systems for delicate organisms such as corals (especially SPS corals), sharks, skates, rays, anthias spp., etc. There is no way those organisms could be kept in closed systems if we were not able to harness the action of nitrifying and other bacteria, absolutely no way, they're far too delicate and sensitive to the slightest amounts of ammonia and nitrite, even relatively low levels of nitrate can sicken them enough so that they'll die.

thats a fact for sure - since microbes and bacteria are are needed to break down wastes in these type of environments...

D

darylc

vinegar is organic and can be used to lower ph AFTER adding any ferts

Top Bottom