Aeroponic cloner. What is inside?

• Thread starter E9noxis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E9noxis

E9noxis

Water? A nute mix? Rooting agent? Tea?

Whats inside an aeroponic cloner?
I only ask so I can get past this stage of this tent.

In the one gallon challenge, I have 2 plants. They're too much for the tent. My solution, I sold one. Red Bruce is outta here...

Sorry little lady.

But, I did get a cloner. I'd like to cut her up before shipping her out. What should I put inside the reservoir? Ph water? That seems too easy. None of this has been "dont add something"

I'd like to do it tonight or early tomorrow. Hurry up with the answers. Hahaha

Just kidding, but really

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
you dont have to add anything just run plain water.

never used aeroponic cloners but people run these 5 min on 15 mins off or similar afaik and claim to get better results than running it 24/7. do your own research of course.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
then do 15 15 or 15 30 and see how that works? you can run it 24/7 if you like but i guess people are having problems with the water temps on that route

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I have recently been making my first clones with an aeroponic clone bucket kit I bought. Works great.

I mixed up some of my Humboldts Secret Part A and B and Golden Tree to get about 300 ppm, then Ph'd the water up to get around 5.8. I also dipped them all in Clonex. I successfully made some clones of some I had flipped to flower and was hunting for a female. Unfortunately, they were all 3 male but I got some good practice making some clones. I also made some of my wife's house plants just to see if I could. 100% success.

Here is a photo of my first Cannabis clone-

roots-jpg.1243091

I forgot to add, it's basically a submersible water pump hooked to tubing with small sprayers that mist the inside of the bucket. Here is the one I bought, hope this helps!

Last edited:
E9noxis

E9noxis

I dont have Humboldt secret. But I will use clonex. I have a tea brewer on the way but that project hasn't even begun.

How many days was that to get those roots?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Any veg nutrient would work, just keep the ppm down around 300. There is a video series at the bottom of that page for the clone bucket kit that was pretty helpful to me. I bought his clone bucket and watched the video and just adapted what he did to what I have with nutrients. You could probably just use plain water but I would bet it's faster with nutrients added to the water.

Took about two weeks I think, can't remember exactly but it wasn't too long.

E9noxis

E9noxis

What about adding myco to it to maybe stimulate root development. Maybe after roots start?

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

What about adding myco to it to maybe stimulate root development. Maybe after roots start?
I'm not sure tbh. I'm not going to change a thing next time I make clones....seems to be working great.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Are those growing in the cloner instead of replanting? Is that a thing?

How often should I change the water? How often does the ph need to be adjusted?

I can't tell if anything is working. I understand it's only been like a week and I won't see roots, but the bottom of the stems look like the outer layer is softening. Logically to me that's what's supposed to happen. It has a texture that seems slimy. I dont know. I'm not there and I didn't take pictures because I'm an asshole. Sorry. I'll update later.

On the plus side, they look the same up top as they did last week. So I know they're not dying.

The water seemed to cool a bit. It went it at 74.5. It went up to 76.something. my timer is set to 15 and 15 at that point. The temps slowly dropped. Yesterday the water got as low as 71. So I set the timer to 15/15/30/30 (repeat) today the it back to 73. Did the time change affect it? Couldn't tell you.

E9noxis

E9noxis

Also. I'm doing 24 hrs of light.
20220516 014121

2 of these about 10 to 14 inches above

E9noxis

E9noxis

I will in like 2 hours when I get back.

24 hours of cloner? Or light? Or both?

Latest posts

Top Bottom