Aeroponics- Am I doing something wrong?

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

First off I would suggest doing some serious research into growing methods. You seemed to have confused methods somewhere. Aeroponic growing is not about misting the foliage, its about misting the roots. There is no way to combine DWC and aeroponics. What a proper aeroponic system is is a system that allows the root system to be exposed to air while staying moist and taking up the nutrients from the mist directed at the roots. In fact once in flowering you want to keep your foliage as dry as possible, or yes, you will see mold.

You may not be seeing mold because it is far to cold for it to grow. Your cold temperatures are definitely hurting your plant. While you do not want your water to be too warm you also do not want it to be too cold. Cold water does not mean more dissolved oxygen. You want to keep the room temperature around 75 degrees Fahrenheit and the water between 65 and 70 degrees. And get your humidity down, 98% is far too high, I am surprised its not raining in there with a humidity that high.

This is obviously a first attempt and you should use this as a learning experience more than anything. So like I said do a lot more reading and research, keep trying methods to find what works best for you and your plants, and you will eventually have good results.

Thank you! :)
+1

M

MediMary

SmokingGun, do you think I should ditch the aero nozzles and go with a fogging system in there?
I hear those ultra sonic foggers sterilize the water first - I'm thinking that would cut down on incidents of powder mildew and mold right?
Sorry I don't like to read I just look at pictures and go from there.
Somtimes I will ask questions but I don't like doing my own research, yah know?. I mean why do all your own reading if others will provide you with the answers.:D

T

Toes

If you want to save that plant... add some hydrated lime! quick. ;)

M

MediMary

If you want to save that plant... add some hydrated lime! quick. ;)

Now we actually have someone who knows what they are talking about, geeez it took long enough. :D
How should I add it, turn off the water, then powder her down would be my first guess.

PS. Added the high resolution picture to the original post:D

PSS "You must spread some reputation around before giving to Toes again. :) "

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Aeroponics is the process of using little to no medium and spraying THE ROOTS not the foliage! Think EZ Cloner/aero cloner. How come your spraying the foliage? Your probably drowning the plant/overwatering it. If your using plain water to spray your probably leaching the nutes out of the plant.

Aeroponics schematic
M

Mr. Greenthum

there is no saving it the buds are soaked and if u try to harvest it it will taste like crap:sick0004:

Greenthumbnewb

Greenthumbnewb

nice trash on the floor u lazy hillbilly! this is not funny just Stupid,who let u on the computer

M

MediMary

Aeroponics is the process of using little to no medium and spraying THE ROOTS not the foliage! Think EZ Cloner/aero cloner. How come your spraying the foliage? Your probably drowning the plant/overwatering it. If your using plain water to spray your probably leaching the nutes out of the plant.
127024d1296157699t-aeroponics-am-i-doing-something-wrong-aeroponics_schematic.jpg.att

Finally someone figured out I don't actually read posts and I just look at the pictures, problem solved.
I now know what I was doing wrong, +1

i cant quit laughing...your a fool medi.

LOL, Me either:D

T

Toes

....How should I add it, turn off the water, then powder her down would be my first guess....

You can read all about how to apply the lime in my Blog...I go into depth about the two types...Hydrated and Fast-Acting. See, I can spot a Hydrated deficiency from a mile away!

PS. mix it well wif some baking soda first! a coupla cups should do it!

dextr0

dextr0

bullshit he just needs a good 3 day flush...preferably in the shower. Just set under the head and turn full blast. 3 full days. << important.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I hope this is a joke lol First off take that light out of the water before you kill someone. 2nd you must read in order to learn how to grow. Good luck with that.

Cheers,
Crom

Top Bottom