Afghanistan beans

• Thread starter YourGrandfather
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hubcap

hubcap

now im not certain of EXACT origin of these seeds because, apparently, its bad juju to disclose exact locations of patrols. even in letters, but....the most i can tell you is they came from 'a northern provence' and were gathered during the earlier days of the war.

-cap

C

cheyenne

I believe they were mailed back, they may be the reasoning behind only 9 seeds.. I really dont know. But I was gifted 5 of the 9 seeds. I got 3 healthy plants out of these 5 seeds. 1 female and 2 males. These 3 plants will be kicked back to flower within a month. First step is to inbred for f2 progeny, I will also do some tests crossing out the 2 males to different females in my room. Also will be looking into an auto project. Def some interesting genetics, Afghan being one of my favorite strains. I cant wait to see what these are hiding..

There was one other guy that grew out a few of the remainding seeds, and I believe he had 2 females and a male. The male died before he had a chance to inbreed back to his female or females..

TK

If you breed those straight across they wont be f2's as the seeds you have now are not hybrids. they should be fairly stable genetically and so should the offspring.....more like f1463

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I would like to take a trip to Afghanistan one day and find a nice batch of beans to inbreed and use for breeding.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
I wonder why we are not seeing an influx of Afghani beans being brought back, or, are they coming back and I'm just too baked to notice it.

interesting thread and great question , i agree ive seen few reports but wouls exspect much more

torturekill

congrats on your gift i myself am an afghani lover ,must be special to hav only 5 seeds from this location you speak of

keep us posted im very interested on the traits of these plants

biggs

Although called pure Kush this is a reference to its given name. This line was collected prior to the Soviet Invasion by collector/growers in North America from Southern Afghanistan areas, outside of the Hindu Kush

the last sentence is very interesting to me i was recently having a discussion ,were a fella tols me he believe all/majority of the strains from afghanistan are kush ,to which i replied there are many regions in afghanistan that are outside of the hindu kush region that are noted to produce strains for many generations ,i dont like mistruths and it seems many hav tagged kush on everything

The tastes are sweet and sour citrus, as are the smells. Indoors they will grow Single large central cola of tight buds. Outdoors these plants will finish in September around 8ft high with a massive, 4ft cola

this is great to hear as its believed all afghan's are short and stout ,with the diverse climate an influence of indian strains there are many noted tall almost sativa lookin afghans

markcastle

got my Talk of Kabul from a service member who served in Afganistan in 1996.ToK for short. Came from a warlord in the Kush MTS.who was busted by the US Army for contributing to the Taliban with the proceeds from hash and opium.His family been growing this stuff from before Alexander the Great was there! They burned all his seed except a small hand full my buddy collected.

wow

just the story alone makes this a very special strain,im very interested to hear more details of the traits id lov to hear a smoke report

thankyou all for sharing your stories ,i lov pure affies ,id lov to kno much more about their history also

1luvbigherb

BlackBart

BlackBart

I believe this pic was posed here before but check it out . Could you imagine what it would be like to grow plants like these ! In my wildest dreams LOL !

Soldier and affi plants
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Man I went to the wrong half of the "War on Terror". I was in Iraq. Saw some cool stuff, but maaaaaaaan what I would be giving to the Farm had I gone to Afghanistan! Maybe after the tension calms down we can go back and get good seed.

Cheers,
Crom

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I can tell you the Tok turned almost a dark purple/black from the roots to the tops on some of the ones that I grew outdoors in 08.Had a nasty med taste to it and was dank as hell! Trechomes were a putrid yellow. When I grew in indoors I couldn`t tell it apart from my Bubba Kush except no coffee smell, just that putrid medicine smell.I also been sitting on some pre-Soviet Kandahar seeds I need to grow out.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
I can tell you the Tok turned almost a dark purple/black from the roots to the tops on some of the ones that I grew outdoors in 08.Had a nasty med taste to it and was dank as hell! Trechomes were a putrid yellow. When I grew in indoors I couldn`t tell it apart from my Bubba Kush except no coffee smell, just that putrid medicine smell.I also been sitting on some pre-Soviet Kandahar seeds I need to grow out.

thanks for som info

i love affies ,ive always been interested in pre -soviet strains,seems most are in a coffe can in the attic or way up in the hills of cali

its great you spread n preserved the gentics hopfully they are in good hands and are also being spread n preserved

i lov dark taste putruid is my style ,im not into fruity or sweet anything curious as too a bit more indepth description of the medicine taste/aromas and effects

1luvbigherb

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Tok has a sandlewood/hash/medical taste. Comes on strong and you start thinking This is dank,then you realize it is a creeper and it`s only just starting to hit you.Easy to over do it and up chuck until you`ve smoked it a few times.It has a strong body stone with a fare head high as well.Doesn`t really have couch lock as much as you can fall out of your chair easy on this stuff.Caution should be used when you do stand up as you can lose your ballance easy or run into things before you notis.Blures your vission! Reds your eyes and causes cotton mouth and med hunger.It`s strong enough you can really feel the high even if you have a few joints of Bubba or OG first.It`s buds make fair eye candy when properly dryed and cured.Dark green to violet colour with dark burnt orange hairs and thick velvet like purtrid yellow trechomes. Yield is good indoors or out, bug resistant, mold resistant,whole plant can turn purple/violet and appear solid black with cool fall weather outside.Branches WILL need support outdoors!!! Grows to 7.5 foot tall x 6 foot wide outdoors.Responds well to topping,training,femming,or bending,ect. Would like to try a screen of green out doors with this one someday!

B

brookky

Hey Mark are you going to send in some of your TOK to the farm? I got some from another site also got some Cali Conn seeds. Sadly last week I lost all of my seeds due to a house fire. I would like to get a couple packs of your TOK before next spring.

hubcap

hubcap

weve went thru, literally, 100 beans maybe 30 looked like those plants with the soldier wishing he was smokin it all.
i need to get beans from THAT crop.
fuckin army. cant even gather seeds right.
gotta call a jarhead next time.
juuuuuust kiddin dawggies.

semper fi.

out.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Hey Mark are you going to send in some of your TOK to the farm? I got some from another site also got some Cali Conn seeds. Sadly last week I lost all of my seeds due to a house fire. I would like to get a couple packs of your TOK before next spring.

Right now I`m getting things boxed up to move to my outdoor garden as the house was foreclosed on anyway.I got a large shop out there I`m going to be renting with office and full bath.Plan on hooking up an RV and working on the outdoor. Soon as the outdoor is done I`ll set up the 6000 sq ft shop as a flower / breeding area and an other shop as a veg area.Should be able to get phone/internet/cable in the office area and planned on doing some auctions then.As for at the farm it would be up to logic if it would be ok to sell here.Right now he`s kind of pissed at me.I should never have tryed to sell seeds at PP.Got burned big time and lost $12 grand of seeds.That`s one reason I`m moving is cause can`t pay house payments and the other reason is I keep getting rippers here.This house just has bad Karma for me I gess.

Sorry to hear about your house fire brookky! Hope you had good insurance! What was the price you ended up paying for the ToK seeds at the other site? Glade you even got them! Many people have said they never got the seeds sold at auction from Ripz! Or did you get them in auction at earth`s site way back?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I believe this pic was posed here before but check it out . Could you imagine what it would be like to grow plants like these ! In my wildest dreams LOL !

That picture just became my new screen saver!

R

ReadySetGrowD9

I was just gifted some landrace afghan seeds from a fellow friend. He sent me 6 seeds,He called them TALIBAN SHADOW KING. These seeds have an incredible background story, and I believe every bit of it!
The guy I got these from had them gifted by one of his best friends. These two guys both served in the army together, and were stationed in Afghanistan serving a tour for the US Army.. The first guy was sent home on a discharge, and the other guy was still on tour. This guy and his company were on a mission in afghanistan to raid and shut down a taliban grow operation.

The following are the words of the fellow i got these from..
This operation was taking place on a mountain named Tirich Mir, which is in the Hindu Kush Mountains in Pakistan and overlooks Chitral.
In Wakhi, “Tirich” means Shadow and Mir means “King” so Tirich Mir means King of Shadows. It got this name as it casts long shadows on the Wakhan side of its face.

The last village in Chitral before reaching Tirich Mir is Tirich Village. Residents of the village are available for hire as porters and tourist guides and will lead trekkers part way up the mountain, but there is a point beyond which they will not go. According to the locals, the mountain is haunted by Jinn (evil spirits), witches and demons.
To reach the operation it required a 12k ft extreme terrain, up hill climb which he said took 3.5 hrs to drive 20 miles up.

They came across a massive grow from what my friend says of 1000's of plants. During the raid my friend found these 9 magic beans.

This took place at the onset of winter and he said some of the plants were purple/red."

THis grow is def going to be interesting to say the least.. What I have, is definitely a true afghan landrace from the citral region..

TK

I def wanna see that whole Grow and smoke report and anything else u can put up here about them lol...... cant wait too hear more :)

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
Tok has a sandlewood/hash/medical taste. Comes on strong and you start thinking This is dank,then you realize it is a creeper and it`s only just starting to hit you.Easy to over do it and up chuck until you`ve smoked it a few times.It has a strong body stone with a fare head high as well.Doesn`t really have couch lock as much as you can fall out of your chair easy on this stuff.Caution should be used when you do stand up as you can lose your ballance easy or run into things before you notis.Blures your vission! Reds your eyes and causes cotton mouth and med hunger.It`s strong enough you can really feel the high even if you have a few joints of Bubba or OG first.It`s buds make fair eye candy when properly dryed and cured.Dark green to violet colour with dark burnt orange hairs and thick velvet like purtrid yellow trechomes. Yield is good indoors or out, bug resistant, mold resistant,whole plant can turn purple/violet and appear solid black with cool fall weather outside.Branches WILL need support outdoors!!! Grows to 7.5 foot tall x 6 foot wide outdoors.Responds well to topping,training,femming,or bending,ect. Would like to try a screen of green out doors with this one someday!

sounds like my type of smoke i knew she was special

there seems to be similarities with herijuana ,the potency,the sandlewood and hash taste which are 2 of my favorite traits

that report is most appreciated

1luvbigherb

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I agree with readysetgrowd9, post as much info as you can! I would love to see them grow and see some dry nug shots or hash shots!

Cheers,
Crom

Top Bottom