African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grnmtn

grnmtn

One thing I remember for sure is that the buds all had golden/ yellow resin crystals on it. If I start seeing that I know there is a great chance it's the real thing.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Another thing I remember is that the buds were not totally black. Good portions of the bud had black but not all black and I saw 1/2 pound or so of it so it's not like it was a sample.

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

As I said before, once in flowering there isn't really any significant variations between plants? Every hybrid I have grown has showed multiple phenos. I think you should wait for end result to make definite determination. Also, have you personally ever smoked it?
MAYBE smoked it 30 years ago when I was 16. My friends got some black weed but I wasn't a seasoned enough to determine potency. I know that they were saying it was... BUT honestly, I think that it was brick weed from Mexico. IDK..
l

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Hey some of that gold stuff from Mexico was outstanding.
Unfortunately, all those famous landraces of the 70's was just a little before my time...
I missed out on Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, etc... Smoked LOTS of imported brick weed back in the day! SOME of it was actually very good. Not much or very often though. Mostly seedy and the worst was crushed seeds, brown dirt weed! 😅

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Yes, my acapulco gold from bodhi is in my top 5! Over all the new hybrids. I am on 3rd generation ibl. She feels so good. Like sitting on the beach. Such a happy upbeat high.
That's ABSOLUTELY AWESOME brother! 👏💥😁 I had some in the mid 90's that was freshly grown. Not sure that it was THE Acapulco Gold, but it was sold as 'green bud'! People tried to call it brown weed! But it was phenomenal! 😍 It was truly golden!
You have TRUE gem on your hands!
Do you happen to have any seeds of it?
Good luck and happy growing brother! 😁

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Another thing I remember is that the buds were not totally black. Good portions of the bud had black but not all black and I saw 1/2 pound or so of it so it's not like it was a sample.
You mean like THIS?
Screenshot 20210802 024132

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

MAYBE smoked it 30 years ago when I was 16. My friends got some black weed but I wasn't a seasoned enough to determine potency. I know that they were saying it was... BUT honestly, I think that it was brick weed from Mexico. IDK..
l
I also had some Black Velvet. VERY potent and pure BLACK! And I helped my buddy grow, process, and I smoked a LOT of Blackberry Kush. Processed the keif and made hash, oil, etc...even it was so dark purple that looked BLACK! Tasty stuff but not as potent as the Black Velvet!
I'd put Black Velvet in the top 10 for sure... probably in my top 5!
Happy growing brother! 😁

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

BAM - day 1 germinated seed planted, day 2 sprouting, that was fast 😉
OK…Will it be a baby boy or girl ?
Can’t wait for the reveal 🎉 party!!!

Red
View attachment 1152601
or White light
View attachment 1152606

Time for a distraction ;)
South African Grow Contest winner
( Unknown African seeds discarded by construction site workers at his friends house re-planted in his wife’s veggie garden, soil plus home made compost, horse manure & 0-0-2 plant Nuits !)
View attachment 1152430
We will see how it grows. LOL! I prefer the white light because it's easier to SEE when problems arise!

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

BAM Day 4, seems to take Nuits well
((FF LgtWar 20, FF Ocean F 20,
Black Bull Shit 15 !, Blk Gold 20, River Silt Loam 15, & sand & MO red rock ground 10)) ph 6.6 now,
tap H2O 6.5-(distilled Wh vinegar)

I went a little crazy with the soil this round, Really wanted to add more red clay/rock & sand…! See how this goes

Planning on Mainlining @ node 3 after she hits 6 nodes WACK…then again @ 3 node & again @ 1 node, then LST. Nice 8 cola tops, see if she can be tamed!?!
End-

grnmtn

grnmtn

I won't be much help going forward as 3 of 4 are now pregnant!

As I said at the beginning I wasn't planning on growing indoors this summer but the potential BAM seeds changed that.

My last grow in this space ended in late May. I purposely grew some Northern Lights past their peak for the sleepy effect and had a few bananas at the end.

Cleaned room but left big heater in there that was not used since April. Needless to say the closer to the heater the more pollinated they became.

At least I believe this to be the reason? I have very large outdoor plants on same property but so far they are all fine and no hermis indoor or out, as far as I can tell and no other pollination.

So my flowering time, size of buds/ yield, taste, smell and effect will be somewhat tainted but it doesn't appear to be a total pollination where all buds have been affected.

NL x BAM?

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Thanks for the info brother and the pics! Nice buds! The internodal spacing is a bit stretchy in mine as well. I can see some Sativa traits too now. It looks like a hybrid to me. But what do I know...? It COULD be a green phenotype of Black Magic African, but certainly doesn't have the black dominance of the legendary African Black Magic like pics that I provided from my friend who lives in Durban. Which is the ONE that I'm searching for!
Good luck and happy growing brother! 😁

Top Bottom