African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VoodooChild

VoodooChild

((Not sure this question is for me, but if not Disregard)))

rule 1: pH around 6 give or take

rule 2: refer to rule 1
(get a pH test Kit & use it, I’ll say it again use IT)

rule 3: organics soil & nutrients, well somewhat my soil now is :
My soil mix % ratios :
Fox Farm Ocean Forest
32% 4-1-1 Kelp Manley
Black Gold Organic Potting Soil
32% .05-0-0
StLouis Composting Raised Bed Mix
18% .5-0-0 (this is basically a heavy river lome dirt with peat) any heavy garden soil would suffice.
Black Cow Cow Manure (commercial brand)
18% .5-.5-.5
Hoffman Super Chicken Manure Pellets
2-tsp per pot@ top 4-2-3 (Mix into top 1” 1x month)

((side note: I’m now trying to experiment with temps, soils, pH, of native strains
IE: BAM Blavk African Magic that this thread is about likes
Acidic soil, high heat, Sandy loam soil,
12 light schedule, high humidity, well easier said than done, but I’m trying))

Liquid Nutrient: that I use as well,
Fox Farm Chart (sort of)
View attachment 1164698

rule 4: LST training …LST Training starting around day 20 on autos…prepare to work everyday !!!…spread your hand out around the plant base and say where are the openings ??? Then pull your main top to that area & pull the rest of the branches around the clock…! wire them down to your cloth grow pot…thin green cheap wire…
Make sure no leaves cover a potential flower tip…if they do pick em off
By day 30, 40% of leaves should be picked off, because of all the flowering bud branches…it’s work daily!
((and no the weed won’t be in shock or hurt growth, what growth Veg or potential Flowering sites, I’ll take flowering ! ))
I have 50-65 hrs in per grow…75 Days.

rule 5: I water every 3 days, when top 1/4” soil dry
(water slowly, then repeat, try to soak pot, with very little drain through)
pH around 6 , “DO NOT GUESS, TEST”

rule 6: If top plant leave tips “only” show edge browning or getting pale …raise lights
(I use Blurples ~55 true Watts per
Sq/ft. Usually around 18-20” above plants.)

rule7: Harvest/Curing, F*ck the jars…like seriously opening 15-20-30 jars 2x per day what a pain in the Arsse!!!
I hang dry about 9 days in cool basement, then cut bud branches off & place vertically (bottom down) in deep food cooler & test humidity overnight, depending on humidity I will add wet cloth to bottom of cooler until my humidity stays at 60/65%
for 4 weeks…( great thing about cooler is only one lid to open or crack whatever it takes to reach target curing humidity) then place in jars or bags for aging open occasionally for air once a week for next 2 months or so … I then vacuum pac and age in another cooler for several months then off to the Freezer…if any left ;)…after the oil and hash farm

Most of my herb for me anyway is best about 1 year latter…smooth & no chlorophyll…

Everybody has the right way, but my way is right for me… !

Oh rule 8, don’t listen to one thing I said because in years you will have your own rules ?
Man the soil thing i's too much for me x) How to low down the PH quickly ? I use coca cola ?

VoodooChild

VoodooChild

To be honest these plants are beautiful, they look like pure sativa indeed, will you have some seeds to give or to sell ?

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Man the soil thing i's too much for me x) How to low down the PH quickly ? I use coca cola ?
White distilled Vinegar works well…
but
White distilled vinegar is cheap & works to lower pH, but check it using these simple pH liquid test drops below unless you already have some way of testing it

These test drops are cheap, & worth it

General Hydroponics HGC722145 pH Test Indicator, 1-Ounce about $9.00
Amazon​

Or whole kit for $18.99
General Hydroponics pH Control Kit
Amazon

Soil is easy to make, what ever u use add the black cow brand manure to it
Home Depo etc. $5.00/bag

I’ll be straight forward it’s a
“”lot of work”” growing inside & training, clipping, watering, adjusting lights, etc etc plants to maximize yield…

VoodooChild

VoodooChild

I'll think about it next time for now I ordered a good quality organic soil, it's quite hard for me to make my own soil because I'm in the middle of the town but I take it for later sure

And thanks for vinegar tip does it make a real difference the pH ? I mean it doesn't seems a traditional method to grow, maybe too technical ? Not sure the farmer deep down the colombian mountains check out the ph wih a ph test and some highschool biology protection glasses too x)

grnmtn

grnmtn

I'll think about it next time for now I ordered a good quality organic soil, it's quite hard for me to make my own soil because I'm in the middle of the town but I take it for later sure

And thanks for vinegar tip does it make a real difference the pH ? I mean it doesn't seems a traditional method to grow, maybe too technical ? Not sure the farmer deep down the colombian mountains check out the ph wih a ph test and some highschool biology protection glasses too x)
If you find soil too challenging you can always use coco? I use a mix of coco, peat and perlite.

Ganjaandwater

Ganjaandwater

I’m in Africa and haven’t heard of it. It’s similar to the legendary land race sativas from Nigeria 36 weeks to flower and aren’t great on their own. Until you cross them with any indica and get 45% upwards thc. If anyone knows about this please let us know

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Here here we’ll said, but my recent grows with proper pH have indeed been greener & healthy. ((Good organic soil u ordered great))
(I’d been getting brown spots, tip burns, splotches etc. , but yes I did still get quality smoke-I think more to the genetics though. I believe the seed genetics “potency”, is 95% of the battle right out of the gate 🤪…)

Before my pH Down liquid arrived, I used (tested ratios) of white vinegar —
My Vinegar Testing results::
“ Vinegar white distilled-
has a pH of 2.5 “
(St Louis County water pH is ~9.5 alkalinity very high not good for plant)
1 Gal (16cups) of water you need add about
3/8 teaspoon ( just a smidge under 1/2teaspoon )
&
If 5 gallons used you need
3.25 tsp Lowers pH to ~6.2–6.6 ph range.
((Make sure water sits for at least one day before putting on plants, chlorine needs to evaporate.))

Good Article—Below

“Changing Soil pH to
Match Plant Needs
Excerpt —“A soil with a pH of 6 is ten times more acidic than a soil with a pH of 7.

Neutral pH is 7.0. A soil with a pH lower than 7 is an acidic soil. A soil with pH higher than 7 is an alkaline soil.

Soil acidity determines the availability of mineral nutrients for your vegetables. In alkaline soils, phosphorous, iron, and zinc are limited. In acidic soil, calcium and magnesium are less available to plants

Well the Bam clones r hanging in there. I’ll have a family of bushes…I hope

Last edited:
extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

I’m in Africa and haven’t heard of it. It’s similar to the legendary land race sativas from Nigeria 36 weeks to flower and aren’t great on their own. Until you cross them with any indica and get 45% upwards thc. If anyone knows about this please let us know
Seems like many African strains r now being crossed for different reasons, potency, height, & heat tolerance etc.
(Hell maybe they’ve been doing this for a long past time…???)

I’ll look again, but one seed co. was going at it !
((One example just not African, used a Thai Sativa
Prayer Pupil is a super potent and flavorful combination of two standout plants, testing up to 33% THC
Tested at 32.9% THCa! Click here for complete lab results including cannabinoid and terpene profiles: http://mcrlabs.com/prayer-pupil/ ))

Last edited:
grnmtn

grnmtn

Do you have some rough percentages of your mix ( I’d like to try some time) ?
Also, what NPK do you use…etc ?
I use pre mixed Mother Earth Coco Peat. I can take pic later of bag. Nutrients, I use Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Coco formula with parts A and B....Cal Mag is around for the times it's needed....I will be switching this next grow and using White River Growpro Top Dress Program with the Coco Peat.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

I use pre mixed Mother Earth Coco Peat. I can take pic later of bag. Nutrients, I use Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Coco formula with parts A and B....Cal Mag is around for the times it's needed....I will be switching this next grow and using White River Growpro Top Dress Program with the Coco Peat.
Sounds good I’ll add to my Nuit notes… Doesn’t sound very complicated either

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

I don't have much experience with autos, do you find the taste, buzz and overall quality the same as photo period buds?
I know this is a very general question with a million variables, but I'm speaking in basic terms.
My BEST answer is this: Autoflower are a cross breed hybrid of Ruderalis like Low Ryder and an Indica and/or Sativa dominant strain. That being said, Ruderalis is a small, weak plant by itself. When autoflower seeds first came to market, they were small in stature, typically about 2 feet tall and although it's GOOD bud, it's less potent than more modern selectively bred autos. I must say though, my BerryRyder autoflower plants take ONLY about 60 days from seed to harvest every time and the bud was JUST as good and even BETTER than stuff from the local dispensary, which says a LOT! 😁
Breeders have created SUPER autoflower seeds that far exceed the original strains! I have a BCN Critical XXL Auto is over 6 feet tall and will probably be one BIG bud about as big as my arm! The other 2 are about 5 feet tall! It's frosty, dense, gassy smelling and about 2 weeks from harvest! It's a little over 4 months old.
So being a bit of a novice breeder, I made some seeds from a male sire that was supposed to be a Blueberry OG male, not really sure because it was male...🤔and from a seed trade! But should produce BIG plants!
I also have a small, White Widow auto that is beautiful, but NOT as frosty, sticky or as potent smelling as MOST of my other plants! From a genetics theory standpoint, the WW autoflower may not be as potent as the photoperiod counterpart, but THC level may STILL exceed other, less potent photo strains!

So, in a nutshell... it's ALL about genetics!
Good luck and happy growing brother! 😊
20210819 183036
20210819 182940
20210819 182925

BTW... When I do finally get the REAL African Black Magic, black phenotype, I will create an autoflower version of it!

Top Bottom