African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VoodooChild

VoodooChild

Here here we’ll said, but my recent grows with proper pH have indeed been greener & healthy. ((Good organic soil u ordered great))
(I’d been getting brown spots, tip burns, splotches etc. , but yes I did still get quality smoke-I think more to the genetics though. I believe the seed genetics “potency”, is 95% of the battle right out of the gate 🤪…)

Before my pH Down liquid arrived, I used (tested ratios) of white vinegar —
My Vinegar Testing results::
“ Vinegar white distilled-
has a pH of 2.5 “
(St Louis County water pH is ~9.5 alkalinity very high not good for plant)
1 Gal (16cups) of water you need add about
3/8 teaspoon ( just a smidge under 1/2teaspoon )
&
If 5 gallons used you need
3.25 tsp Lowers pH to ~6.2–6.6 ph range.
((Make sure water sits for at least one day before putting on plants, chlorine needs to evaporate.))

Good Article—Below

“Changing Soil pH to
Match Plant Needs
Excerpt —“A soil with a pH of 6 is ten times more acidic than a soil with a pH of 7.

Neutral pH is 7.0. A soil with a pH lower than 7 is an acidic soil. A soil with pH higher than 7 is an alkaline soil.

Soil acidity determines the availability of mineral nutrients for your vegetables. In alkaline soils, phosphorous, iron, and zinc are limited. In acidic soil, calcium and magnesium are less available to plants

Well the Bam clones r hanging in there. I’ll have a family of bushes…I hope
View attachment 1165098
Good you say that because my water is a bit alcanic too I should take care, maybe the best landraces have grown have developped in an acid soil

Last edited:
extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Bam
Clones rooting Day 5, 🗣 yahoooo
Bam

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

BAM, Well supper cropping getting her legs all spread out, a new top coming out from the original Apex top stalk…up to 9 tops
now & I believe more on the way ??? 👀

Day 37 … 10 more Wks to go ? Looks like she’s going to be heading south for vacation in a nice comfortable tent in 7 Wks., November cold just gonna be too much to bare for this girl 😏

Just using wire, old nuts & bolts to weigh down the branches …
An old friend would use stones to tie his branches down up in N Illinois 40 yrs ago (Stealth). He’d dig about a 15-20” hole, & put a large container in it. When the plant started getting to tall he’d tie a stone to the arms & keep spreading it out…the plant would be about 6 ft wide in late September, tops in different directions reaching for the Sun. Harvest in early Oct.
It was really something to see.

grnmtn

grnmtn

BAM, Well supper cropping getting her legs all spread out, a new top coming out from the original Apex top stalk…up to 9 tops

Day 37 … 10 more Wks to go ? Looks like she’s going to be heading south for vacation in a nice comfortable tent in 7 Wks., November cold just gonna be too much to bare for this girl 😏

View attachment 1166354
An old friend would use stones to tie his branches down up in N Illinois 40 yrs ago (Stealth). He’d dig about a 15-20” hole, & put a large container in it. When the plant started getting to tall he’d tie a stone to the arms & keep spreading it out…the plant would be about 6 ft wide in late September, tops in different directions reaching for the Sun. Harvest in early Oct.
I'm curious what pheno you have? I can't tell yet.

grnmtn

grnmtn

View attachment 1166354
It looks like you could have my favorite one there. I don't believe it's the least desirable although that one is blackening up the most.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

It looks like you could have my favorite one there. I don't believe it's the least desirable although that one is blackening up the most.
Had one 11 leaflets leave so far…
definitely taking its time, seems to really like a lot of water. Nothing but sunshine for the next seven days here, should love it !

((off track, but my GSC autos loving the new soil, proper pH water, Ck manure & FF nuits, 2x the size of all my previous grows !!! Been zapping them pretty good & no nuit burn.)) 1 runt out of 5, have the taller Sativa Pheno in diff area it’s pollinated as well…Pic

Also, 2-per 4 gal pot , because I’m only pollinating (big Pheno ones) them with OG Kush auto pollen (back cross)!?!
About 40 tops

Last edited:
grnmtn

grnmtn

Had one 11 leaflets leave so far…
definitely taking its time, seems to really like a lot of water. Nothing but sunshine for the next seven days here, should love it !

((off track, but my GSC autos loving the new soil, proper pH water, Ck manure & FF nuits, 2x the size of all my previous grows !!! Been zapping them pretty good & no nuit burn.)) 1 runt out of 5, have the taller Sativa Pheno in diff area it’s pollinated as well…Pic

View attachment 1166437

View attachment 1166438
Also, 2-per 4 gal pot , because I’m mainly pollinating (big Pheno ones) them with OG Kush auto pollen (back cross)!?!
Looking great all around!

Wait till you see how much they drink in last few weeks of flowering.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Looking great all around!

Wait till you see how much they drink in last few weeks of flowering.
Interesting,
FF has me hitting the P & K going forward, little N…& 2 drinks of
Beatsi Bloomz.
Thnx for the info I will keep an eye on her.
After reading how much light you are giving yours… i’m thinking about putting 510 W (power from the wall) 1200 W of Blurple & my UVB bulbs above her, once in the tent to finish up last 20 days or so 13/11 !

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

I also am seeing leaves turn black as they die off so I wouldn't be surprised if they turn even more black while drying? Also underneath the leaves I am seeing darkening too.View attachment 1167161
Hellooo my little friend !!!
& the Lord said let there be dankness😇

(Now I can’t wait for my girl to flower, up to about 12 tops or so. Hey any of u ever build an insulated box or just use a lg pot
to place a potted plant into & line all around it & top with about 3 inches of fine mulch to keep the roots insulated when temps below 53°…& also in conjunction with a simple cardboard box over top of plant for night, to protect from frost & moisture…keep the tops dry.
Been reading a little bit about this, some growers going all the way into snow season… I don’t plan on doing that but would like to get into the first week of November here in the St Louis area ?
((I am just stuck on really trying to get this thing to finish outside versus bringing inside to tent)).

grnmtn

grnmtn

I have a good amount of cold weather growing here in VT. I have found the roots aren't really your issue. The cold brings damp and that's usually what ends it. I've had frost covered plants, no big deal
I do not ever cover as reduced air flow will exacerbate mold issue.
They are super tough!

Top Bottom