Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

KwaZulu landrace from just outside of Durban, South Africa! 😁
Screenshot 20210728 074719
Screenshot 20210728 074650
Screenshot 20210728 074607

grnmtn

grnmtn

I'm starting to believe this is an African strain by it structure and super long pistils. The pic doesn't do it justice. Also this plant is less than 60 days from seed and in 5gl pots. It usually would take 3 more weeks to get to this place. They certainly do start changing as flowering goes along. Much less indica looking for sure.
IMG 20210729 040941833

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

I'm starting to believe this is an African strain by it structure and super long pistils. The pic doesn't do it justice. Also this plant is less than 60 days from seed and in 5gl pots. It usually would take 3 more weeks to get to this place. They certainly do start changing as flowering goes along. Much less indica looking for sure.
View attachment 1151070
Thnx for the pics…
Well I can certainly see I’m going to need to do some heavy training, as your plant appears to be topped @ the fourth node.
(I think I’ll be topping 3x & super cropping)

grnmtn

grnmtn

Absolutely, I have one that I did nothing to and it will yield much less. One I have trained to grow flat and that doesn't seem to be best either.
For me topping is the way to go, even multiple times. Even the bushier ones have spread out nicely and have opened up for great airflow with minimal pruning.

In the proper climate I bet these things grow like beasts outside.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Absolutely, I have one that I did nothing to and it will yield much less. One I have trained to grow flat and that doesn't seem to be best either.
For me topping is the way to go, even multiple times. Even the bushier ones have spread out nicely and have opened up for great airflow with minimal pruning.

In the proper climate I bet these things grow like beasts outside.
High as the Mountains

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Well Sprouted today, letting the tale get a little longer till planting 4” pot then
4 1/2 gal sq cloth pot …going outside for 40 days & heavy training…then into the blurple blur to get blasted, SupplementalUV/red/full spectrum & 11/13…want this baby to finish fast if possible !?! Hopefully early Nov.
(25-30 day Veg at most,10 wk flower)

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

I've been doing a bit MORE research and have come to some conclusions...
The seeds sold by Dante of Marijuana Seed Connect are Black Magic Kush from Andromeda!!! NOT the same as the legendary Black Magic African! Black Magic Kush from Andromeda is a cross breed hybrid of Buckeye Purple and Cherry Sauce! (Notice pics of Cherry Sauce have BLACK highlights like grnmtn's pics!) It is FAR from being an African landrace strain! Although it does have Durban Poison WAYYY back in the pedigree charts of genetic lineage! It'sa beautiful plant with GREAT potential and a rare strain, BUT certainly doesn't fit the descriptions by structure or color to be the REAL Black Magic African landrace strain as advertised!!! The descriptions and pictures on his website were taken from the internet and NOT original!

So here's my take...
SCENERIO #1:
Dante didn't grow out any crops BEFORE selling his seeds at a premium price! Dante got 'generic' pics and copied descriptions from the internet of what he believed or wished his seeds were...!
SCENERIO #2:
Dante knew that the seeds were NOT the REAL Black Magic African, BUT decided to sell them as such! Which would be a blatant LIE so that he can SCAM people and make a quick buck! AND he got caught!
Which would be incredibly STUPID and ABSOLUTELY DISASTROUS to his seed company and reputation as a person of integrity!
So... IF ANYONE has a better theory, let's hear it! Otherwise, without HARD evidence such as genetic testing, I stand by my conclusions!
Screenshot 20210730 020042
Screenshot 20210730 020042

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Man it’s hard to say what anything is definitively just by looks especially before they are done. Not to say they are the real deal. In fact I’m sure they aren’t. Just the fact he’s using that old stock photo to hype it tells me he is disingenuous. This is the problem with the weed game and genetics it’s all on ppls word right now. Maybe in a few more years they will have a reliable genetic database for testing and we won’t all just be pissing in the wind.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
The seeds sold by Dante of Marijuana Seed Connect are Black Magic Kush from Andromeda!!! NOT the same as the legendary Black Magic African! Black Magic Kush from Andromeda is a cross breed hybrid of Buckeye Purple and Cherry Sauce! (Notice pics of Cherry Sauce have BLACK highlights like grnmtn's pics!) It is FAR from being an African landrace strain! Although it does have Durban Poison WAYYY back in the pedigree charts of genetic lineage! It'sa beautiful plant with GREAT potential and a rare strain, BUT certainly doesn't fit the descriptions by structure or color to be the REAL Black Magic African landrace strain as advertised!!! The descriptions and pictures on his website were taken from the internet and NOT original!

So here's my take...
SCENERIO #1:
Dante didn't grow out any crops BEFORE selling his seeds at a premium price! Dante got 'generic' pics and copied descriptions from the internet of what he believed or wished his seeds were...!
SCENERIO #2:
Dante knew that the seeds were NOT the REAL Black Magic African, BUT decided to sell them as such! Which would be a blatant LIE so that he can SCAM people and make a quick buck! AND he got caught!
Which would be incredibly STUPID and ABSOLUTELY DISASTROUS to his seed company and reputation as a person of integrity!
So... IF ANYONE has a better theory, let's hear it! Otherwise, without HARD evidence such as genetic testing, I stand by my conclusions! View attachment 1151667View attachment 1151667
Elaborate on the research you did to come to this? Also I doubt if any seed bank grows out the seeds they get from the different breeders…

shaganja

shaganja

So here's my take...
SCENERIO #1:
SCENERIO #2:
So... IF ANYONE has a better theory, let's hear it! Otherwise, without HARD evidence such as genetic testing, I stand by my conclusions! View attachment 1151667View attachment 1151667
Still gonna finish them, and then smoke them. Will know immediately if she's an African strain or a modern hybrid. These new hybrids have very little effect.

ArizonaChuck

ArizonaChuck

Will post a couple pictures of her tomorrow, was out of town for work for a few days without anyone to tend to it, so shes lookin a tad down, gonna get her perky for some photos. Can say that it definitely is a hardy plant. I was hoping for darker color, but i also understand that i cannot replicate the EXACT environment they would normally come from, so i cant expect it to look the same as it would from its origins. She definitely has some earthy smells, both the flowers and leaves. Shes outgrown the tents i have, so i have to have the light off to the side lol.

shaganja

shaganja

So here's my take...
SCENERIO #1:
SCENERIO #2:
OK, by descriptions, she is a calming, relaxing strain. The BAM is thcv. So top of head, focused, clear, slightly anxious. Slightly racy. So we for sure will know after smoking. These are polar opposites.

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Regardless of what you think yourself, I do personally think it is a bit harsh calling someone a scammer or potential scammer even, because of what you THINK you know.
O.k.... Let's see pics of the plants from the SEEDS that you bought from Marijuana Seed Connect!
Oh wait.... 😲 YOU didn't!
Look man, my money is HARD earned and don't part with it easily!
You're entitled to your own opinion and can in your 2 cents worth, BUT until you buy SOME and grow them... THEN that's all your opinion is worth to me, 2 cents!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
O.k.... Let's see pics of the plants from the SEEDS that you bought from Marijuana Seed Connect!
You're entitled to your own opinion and can in your 2 cents worth, BUT until you buy SOME and grow them... THEN that's all your opinion is worth to me, 2 cents!
You don’t part with your money easy but you bought 25 dollar single seeds and paid shipping! I will now end every sentence with an exclamation mark!!!!! 😆 ok I’m out ✌️

grnmtn

grnmtn

I don't want to get in the middle of this spat but I find it interesting that you place so much emphasis on the price of a $25 seed? It's actually more because there will be males since they are regular seeds. However, each female plant will yield flowers worth many times that amount.

To me these genetics are not typical of the 100s of plants that I grow each year so the entertainment value alone supercedes the cost of the seeds. It's all about perspective. People glady pay over $100 for a 1/4oz of buds from a recreational Cannabis shop and they don't even have the fun of growing it!

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Regardless of having bought/grown the seeds myself, I'm still against public hangings and prefer fair trials.... Maybe I'm just a little weird that way 🙃

grnmtn

grnmtn

Fellow bam growers. It appears that as the plants get into flowering there really aren't any differences between the plants that would indicate multiple phenos as it looked in veg. Very slight differences in height and leaf structure as the plants mature. Very interesting.

Top Bottom