Age Old organics in coco....

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Anyone use Age Old with coco?? I keep hearing that organics in coco is a no no, but I have yet to see it.. I have a tray with 9 White Master Kushes in it that are on 32 days of 12/12. I set aside a few to experiment with. I am watering the EXP 3 with Age Old bloom, Age Old Kelp, and Floralicious Plus. So far they look just as good if not better than all the other plants..

Anyone else using organics with great success in straight coco?? Thanks!

:character0180:

fractaLz

fractaLz

I just tried out the General Organic line in a 60% coco 40% promix. Only thing I noticed was that the N uptake wasn't nearly as good as the PK takeup. I'm guessing that in 100% coco you'd notice N deficiency.

I've seen good results with a more refined organic nutrient line like botanicare in 100% coco.

true grit

true grit

I just tried out the General Organic line in a 60% coco 40% promix. Only thing I noticed was that the N uptake wasn't nearly as good as the PK takeup. I'm guessing that in 100% coco you'd notice N deficiency.

I've seen good results with a more refined organic nutrient line like botanicare in 100% coco.

Thats what I noticed too. I attempted a run using Age Old in straight canna coco and by week 5, i switched back to regular chem reg. Pretty bad N deficiencies from the get go, regardless of how much I adjusted ppm and even supplented Nitrex.

Worth another try, but i just don't have time/space/numbers to try again currently. Should work fine with tinkering, folks run it in hydro.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Def no N deficiencies here.. If anything the plants are actually greener than the others... Hmmmm... Maybe it's the kelp I am adding. AND they get straight water every 4th watering too..

true grit

true grit

Nope not the kelp, think youre just killin it! ha.

Yeah I was doing my normal Age Old reg that kills in organics- bloom, kelp, humic 12, calplex and additional nitrex. Oh well, at least its working for someone!!

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Haha right on TG! Yeah all I'm givin em is 7.5 ML bloom, 2.5ML Kelp, and 1ML F+..

joeca1i

joeca1i

Just toss some gardenlime to the mix .As form the AO, a lil goes a long way.

joeca1i

joeca1i

I use this mix,but I use 50/50 coco/peat. [YOUTUBE]e_7Rdo7aq8I[/YOUTUBE]

J

jaybird1620

I love age old, I have used it during veg with no real issues in a coco/perlite mix, but for flowering...never tried. Great for soil though!

pura

pura

ive been using age old now for about four months now with such great success .. i use biobizz light mix for soil ... my plants love it! i feed them voodoo juice, great white, hygrozyme and age old grow as the base. for flower i use a age old bloom/ biobizz bloom combo + some powder additives.. simple with amazing results.

true grit

true grit

Hey Surf- how these Age Old gals rocking? still killing it? and if so, what kinda ratios are you feeding at? Wonder if i just wasnt giving em enough.

true grit

true grit

Well got little feedback from anyone lol, so I just went ahead and starting vegging the next round with Age Old. Gonna shoot for a full flower run with Age Old- bloom, kelp, calplex, hp2, and aminos. Probably use a bene tea a couple weeks in.

So far in veg though things looks great. Feeding Grow at 20ml/g, kelp at 5ml/g and calplex as usual. Things are really rockin.

pura

pura

Well got little feedback from anyone lol, so I just went ahead and starting vegging the next round with Age Old. Gonna shoot for a full flower run with Age Old- bloom, kelp, calplex, hp2, and aminos. Probably use a bene tea a couple weeks in.

So far in veg though things looks great. Feeding Grow at 20ml/g, kelp at 5ml/g and calplex as usual. Things are really rockin.

i'd recommend doing a Great White/ Voodoo Juice combo with the Age Old...a little cal mag here and there too..brings out the flav in the strain(s) you run...super smooth smoke and nasty looking nugs...just my two cents.

true grit

true grit

Thanks broseph, but I'll have to pass on the pricier mycos as i tend to get many a bene/myco sample these days. lol. Used to only run Age Old, and when doing so often used the OregonismXL from roots for tea. This time around I have some Oregonism and have been gifted quite a few bio packs from Vital Earth.

And I ditched calmag bout a year ago for calplex and haven't looked back...hehe.

true grit

true grit

Started out in the beginning as everyone does just using plain ol Botanicare CalMag. Then switched to a different one, then switched to General Organics CalMg+ (which was very solid too), but after recommendations from Growmaster- I switched to Calpex.

Difference was definitely there but probably not what you are expecting. The difference wasn't as much in finish of product as it was in the elimination of any "cal/mag" issues. Using all of the calmags prior, it always seemed to be a process of dialing each plant individually for its calmag needs and if they didn't get what they wanted/or too much it was evident. After switching to calplex I have seen "0" and i mean no "calmag" deficiencies or issues with either component. I was able to go from levels around 7-12ml/g on some strains with calmag, to no more than 5-6ml/g max on ALL plants (no need to vary and im actually working on how little is actually needed to achieve same results...so far I haven't found the low point). Even after switching over to coco last year, which i always hear calmag horror stories about, I'm using way less. Plants are always green, lush, and no deficiencies.

IMVHO, I think most "def/issues" are mag surplus which causes the same look as defic. GM said most bases have plenty of mag and why you use calplex alone, ive now run calpex with about 4-5 different nute brands (AO, GO, Roots, Canna AB, AN Sensi/3pt/Connie) and all have had pretty much similar results none with cal problems. Probably the closest to any def was Canna cuz i think levels are too high for whats needed.

Just my opinion. Have tested it a decent amount tho.

Venom818

Venom818

Started out in the beginning as everyone does just using plain ol Botanicare CalMag. Then switched to a different one, then switched to General Organics CalMg+ (which was very solid too), but after recommendations from Growmaster- I switched to Calpex.

Difference was definitely there but probably not what you are expecting. The difference wasn't as much in finish of product as it was in the elimination of any "cal/mag" issues. Using all of the calmags prior, it always seemed to be a process of dialing each plant individually for its calmag needs and if they didn't get what they wanted/or too much it was evident. After switching to calplex I have seen "0" and i mean no "calmag" deficiencies or issues with either component. I was able to go from levels around 7-12ml/g on some strains with calmag, to no more than 5-6ml/g max on ALL plants (no need to vary and im actually working on how little is actually needed to achieve same results...so far I haven't found the low point). Even after switching over to coco last year, which i always hear calmag horror stories about, I'm using way less. Plants are always green, lush, and no deficiencies.

IMVHO, I think most "def/issues" are mag surplus which causes the same look as defic. GM said most bases have plenty of mag and why you use calplex alone, ive now run calpex with about 4-5 different nute brands (AO, GO, Roots, Canna AB, AN Sensi/3pt/Connie) and all have had pretty much similar results none with cal problems. Probably the closest to any def was Canna cuz i think levels are too high for whats needed.

Just my opinion. Have tested it a decent amount tho.

do u use ro water with calplex

M

max_well

Hey True Grit
Thanks for the update .. looking forward to knowing how this works out for you. Looking at your photos in other threads, it's obvious you have quite a good handle on using synthetic nutes in coco.. Do you mind sharing how you normally feed, and what additives you throw in with AN sensi in coco ? Do you use/find benefit using myco products or teas in coco or other organic additives in combination with synthetic nutes? are you running drain-to-waste? I have been growing a few rounds with canna coco and coco nutes / calmag and RO, and have not had an easy time dialing things in when running multiple strains. Your info about calplex has me interested to give it a shot. thanks for all you share, you're a helpful resource of good info! cheers
Max

Top Bottom